Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Need Heart!!!

MCruz1984

This team has lost its focus and like another thread stated has no discipline...It also doesn't have any heart...Very few guys in Washington seem to be playing with a lot of courage and heart (with the exception of Brunell, Betts, Portis, Washington, Marshall)...Everyone else seems to be playing for the paycheck...If money can buy you everything then why aren't the Redskins 7-0 or 6-1 or 5-2 or at least 4-3...Money has done nothing for this team, but cause problems...We need guys who are hungry and want to play for the sure passion of the game instead of the almighty dollar...

Basically this team has to many Clubber Langs when what we really need is more Rocky Balboas...Sorry I know that isn't the best analogy...

I disagree.

We saw last week that these guys are playing with a lot of emotion. Even freakin David Frost was playing with emotion. He was pretty pissed about that kickoff. Last week I might have agreed with you, but I think the problem is more of a cohesion one, where Brunell isn't confortable with his WRs, the defensive players don't know the scheme, etc.

Remember how bad Walt Harris was last year? Look at him this year, he might be a pro bowler. Its funny that he seems to have suddenly remembered how to catch an interception too.

Our schemes, especially defensive schemes, are too complex. Our players are thinking too much on defense so they can't just go out there and focus on fundamentals. They've got to worry about being in the 'right spot' so as not to piss off Greg Williams.

we dont take any shots down field and since we dont the safties stay up and play more of the run...and its not scary for them to because if we do throw the ball its usually a pass behind the first down marker to sellers...we need to spread the ball around and mix it up..by just attempting to throw it deep even if it is incomplete you would have to respect the deep ball and fall back into coverage...then the short stuff will open up..then when they come back to gaurd the short stuff you just throw it deep a couple more times and they will have to back off again...offensive play calling i think a big problem...i dont know if the players only know these few play that we run but we are way to predictable.

Guest Knightwchmn

A leader... they need a charismatic leader who can inspire the players around him so much that they'd go so far to drink the tainted kool-aid... a guy who can stir them into a "froth" and motivate them to play above their means...

They don't have that...

A leader... they need a charismatic leader who can inspire the players around him so much that they'd go so far to drink the tainted kool-aid... a guy who can stir them into a "froth" and motivate them to play above their means...

They don't have that...

Isnt that what a head coach is for?

They don't have that...

Yes, they need a charismatic leader.... One who will attract the disenfranchised populace of this nation. Someone who will capture their hearts and minds. An individual who speaks with passion, all the while laying tracks for his nefarious plan.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present our savior:

L_Ron_Hubbard.jpg

L Ron is that really you?

Both Dorothy and the Scarecrow had been greatly interested in the story of the Tin Woodman, and now they knew why he was so anxious to get a new heart.

"All the same," said the Scarecrow, "I shall ask for brains instead of a heart; for a fool would not know what to do with a heart if he had one."

"I shall take the heart," returned the Tin Woodman; "for brains do not make one happy, and happiness is the best thing in the world."

Dorothy did not say anything, for she was puzzled to know which of her two friends was right

Heart is what bad teams start crying about when they aren't executing....meanwhile all of their opponents are making runs to the Super Bowl.

What exactly IS heart, and how do you measure it?

Exactly what I was going to say. :thumbsup:

Archived