Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did we give away our first round draft pick for next year?

skinsfanno9

No! We haven't given up our 1st round for 2007.

Over the years, we have been a team that has traded away valuable draft choices... and, the talented we got in exchange ... the Skins have acquired talent that leaves a lot to be desired.

Think about our DB problems. We traded a 3 rounder to the Broncos, and they got Dominque Foxworth...who is a much better player than our 1st rounder Carlos Roger!

No! We haven't given up our 1st round for 2007.

Over the years, we have been a team that has traded away valuable draft choices... and, the talented we got in exchange ... the Skins have acquired talent that leaves a lot to be desired.

Think about our DB problems. We traded a 3 rounder to the Broncos, and they got Dominque Foxworth...who is a much better player than our 1st rounder Carlos Roger!

Carlos Rogers has been as close to a bust as one can imagine. Perhaps its best if they give them up. Then again our FA acquisitions haven't exactly been stunning recently. Other than Moss that is...

Carlos Rogers has been as close to a bust as one can imagine. Perhaps its best if they give them up. Then again our FA acquisitions haven't exactly been stunning recently. Other than Moss that is...

I'm really starting to wonder if Carlos should even be our #2 CB next season.

Rogers is still young. You can't label him a bust yet. Now Kenny Wright, on the other hand, sucks majorly. What a bad pick up. Walt Harris was hands down better than this guy.

I believe we have lost it.

Why? The trade for TJ Ducket. Correct me if im wrong, but if we finish worse than Denver this season, we swap first round picks. That would mean we get Denvers(they are good) and they get ours(we are not). So technicaly we would still have a first rounder, but it would be late.

Why? The trade for TJ Ducket. Correct me if im wrong, but if we finish worse than Denver this season, we swap first round picks. That would mean we get Denvers(they are good) and they get ours(we are not). So technicaly we would still have a first rounder, but it would be late.

Denver? TJ Ducket didn't play for Denver though.

no, we only switch in a certain range of picks.

Nope, we have it no matter what. We're gonna finish poorly enough, and denver is going to finish well enough, that there is no way that we will give up our first round pick. Rest assured, we'll have a top 10 pick in April.

If you are right I will be much happier, do you have any links to back up to your post?/

Thanks

Well I CLEARLY forgot the details or I wouldn't have started the thread. Care to give me the details, or were you asleep as well?

And by details I mean exact details.

It was a three way trade with atlanta getttin ashlie leslie and us getting duckett and the always happy to trade with us broncos getting our 3rd round pick. There is a caveat that allows denver to swap first round picks with us under certain circumstances, these circumstances have not been clarified properly.

Archived