Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did we give away our first round draft pick for next year?

skinsfanno9

That makes sense, I just wish I could find and official breakdown to make completely sure. I have heard other scenarios on the radio these last few weeks.
Pretty sure the only scenario where we swap 1st round picks, is if Denver goes deep into the playoffs and we finish with a decent first rounder.

Something like, 20-21st pick for us and the 30-32pick for Denver.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2006/08/trade_blog.html

<snip>

Anyone looking for a complex breakdown on the exact draft picks involved here, well, here goes. It all depends on how they teams finish in draft order and how each of their corresponding drafts picks stand on this "value chart" that NFL teams loves to use. Basically, they could end swapping first-round picks in 2007; they could flop first-rounders and the Broncos also get a four-round pick in 2008; they could flop firsts and the Broncos get a third in 2007; or the Broncos could end up with a third in 2007 and a fourth in 2008 (the Redskins do not have a fourth-round pick in 2007). In the end, the pick will be equivalent to what the value chart shows for a "high third-round pick" and the various possible first-round swaps would come into play if there is a big discrepancy in where the team's finish, and how high their picks are in each round.

By Jason La Canfora | August 23, 2006; 12:29 PM ET

Depending on how each team fares this season, the two teams also could wind up swapping first-round picks, but only if Washington is scheduled to pick between No. 21 and No. 31 and Denver's first-round draft position is even higher. Unlikely, though not impossible.

Under that scenario, Denver also could get Washington's fourth-round pick in 2008 or the Redskins' third-round pick in 2007.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9616229

Itslooking like itll be pretty high as of now. Im thinking a pass rusher

i'm thinking TRADE DOWN for quantity...even the stupidest of GMs can pick a decent starter in the first round, but the best-run teams know that the secret to building title-contending teams is finding the second-day and late-round gems...

so trade down (but get some real VALUE for the trade this time), and get someone that actually knows what they are doing to make the selections :helmet:

Archived