Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell 2007~2008

MCruz1984

Dude, I'm one of the biggest Brunell supporters imaginable, borderline man-crush. But even I know that next year there's no possible way this man is starting for the Washington Redskins. As much as I love Mark Brunell, the thought of a first round draft pick benched THREE YEARS is way too much.

I think that MB is our best bet for next years season...All of this talk about JC, I wonder why so many extreme skins think this man is god and the solution to all our problems...Maybe MB isn't the playmaker he used to be, but MB must be the better QB or Gibbs would have started JC...

Finish the season strong and have MB back one more year has our starter in 07...:logo:

JC...Jesus Christ or Jason Campbell? Becuase I have yet to see someone say that they think Jason Campbell is God. But A LOT of people do feel that Jesus Christ is God or the son of God.

A lot of people think that JC(Christ not Campbell) is the solution to our problems because that's what people with problems do. They turn to religion. :D

Hair Brained Prediction:

-We will lose bad (10-14+ points) to the Colts.

-Brunell will throw two picks, skip more passes off the dirt and miss wide open receivers.

-Brunell will still throw for a touchdown and the team will put up 17-21 points.

-Gibbs will say it's his fault the team hasn't performed and announce a QB change as we go into the BYE hoping it will light a fire under the players.

-JC will take the two weeks to work with the first team offense and start on 11/5 against the 'boys.

-Gibbs will say it's his fault the team hasn't performed and announce a QB change as we go into the BYE hoping it will light a fire under the players.

There is where you are wrong. Brunell could go 2-20 with 5 Int's and Gibbs would say that the entire offense is underperforming. He may not even bench Brunell since its a road game and the wrowd wont be booing every pass thrown.

As soon as Campbell is ready you will see mark on the sidelines. That is all that the coaching staff is waiting on. Then you will see more balls down the field.

Not necessarily. I am not Gibbs BUT his past record has shown sticking with veterans regardless of the backups ability so lets not assume that just because JC isn't play is because he isn't ready.

And on another point how can you see if someone is ready if they never take a snap in a real game. I am sorry but pre-season is meaningless and unless JC gets 8+ games or a whole season we cannot accurately assess his talent. But he has a hell of a lot of potential and that is good enough for me.

Scott

I pray at nights that Brunell will put an end to the misery by voluntarily announcing his own retirement. In fact, maybe if enough of us fans boo his sorry @ss when he embarasses the team again he'll decide that it'll be too much for him to deal with and he'll hang it up. While I couldn't disagree more with the rationale of the original poster, part of me agrees that he might be right that Gibbs would stick with his super smart qb if he does decide to come back for another year. :doh:

I think that MB is our best bet for next years season...All of this talk about JC, I wonder why so many extreme skins think this man is god and the solution to all our problems...Maybe MB isn't the playmaker he used to be, but MB must be the better QB or Gibbs would have started JC...

Finish the season strong and have MB back one more year has our starter in 07...:logo:

Normally, I'm more respectful in my posts...but are you serious??

Why do people not get it? If JC never plays, HE WILL NEVER BE READY! Of COURSE he needs to play before he can be the best QB. It seems to me that WAY too many people are missing the long-term, big picture here.

Normally, I'm more respectful in my posts...but are you serious??

Why do people not get it? If JC never plays, HE WILL NEVER BE READY! Of COURSE he needs to play before he can be the best QB. It seems to me that WAY too many people are missing the long-term, big picture here.

Excellent point... And if JC never plays we won't know what we have in him for the future. If he turns out to be a good/great player then that's fine, but if he's a bust and it's 2007/2008 then what are we going to do?? Sign another free agent old QB at that time?? It'll be 2004 all over again... By finding out what JC has now will help determine what the redskins do in the future through free agency and the draft. I'm not saying that Campbell is the Redskins saviour, but I know being on the sidelines isn't going to help him in real life NFL action.

Excellent point... And if JC never plays we won't know what we have in him for the future. If he turns out to be a good/great player then that's fine, but if he's a bust and it's 2007/2008 then what are we going to do?? Sign another free agent old QB at that time?? It'll be 2004 all over again... By finding out what JC has now will help determine what the redskins do in the future through free agency and the draft. I'm not saying that Campbell is the Redskins saviour, but I know being on the sidelines isn't going to help him in real life NFL action.

Could not have said it better myself. And regardless of how Brunell plays this week, if we lose in bad fashion, he needs to step down. Even if he is not the reason we lose. The reasoning being exactly what you just stated...if we don't make it to the SB this year, NO MATTER the reason, it will be a wasted season having Campbell sit again.

I'd be suprised if Brunell didnt retire after this season. I'd be equally as suprised if he was named starter for next season. I understand him being our starter now, and I support the decision 100%. But, JC has to start, at the latest, next season, or whenever our playoff hopes are gone this season. No matter how much you hate brunell, he has had a very respectable career, and his knowledge of the game is very beneficial to JC.

This must be Mrs Gibbs.

Is this some kind of a joke? He's not the playmaker he used to be? The problem is that he rarely makes a play of significance. Not for this team anyway. I can't buy the argument that MB gives us the best chance for winning. Since we're losing with our "best bet", a change needs to be made.

The point is....Brunell is average. He plays above average sometimes. He's only really had a handful of great games since he became out starter. I do think Brunell should start as long as we're still in playoff contention, but once we're out JC needs to play. What do we have to lose at that point? Nothing.

The point is....Brunell is average. He plays above average sometimes. He's only really had a handful of great games since he became out starter. I do think Brunell should start as long as we're still in playoff contention, but once we're out JC needs to play. What do we have to lose at that point? Nothing.

Infortunately...We wont have much to gain either.

We are 2-4...The whole team is 2-4 not just Mark Brunell...He deserves some blame as do almost everybody on the team...People on here praise Gibbs, well blame him if you want for MB playing its his call...Call for his head for a change...I definitely support Brunell for 07

You would call for Gibbs firing before Brunell's benching???? ARE U NUTS???

We'll find out if he's truly the QB of our future or if we have to go on a QB hunt this off-season. Would you rather do that this year or next???? Meaning a pitiful '07 as well!!!

What I meant was, I had rather make the change while there is something to play for. In other words, if I own a failing business I dont wait till it has failed to fire the manager.

Archived