Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kurt Warner = Mark Brunell

Redskinswhoopass

Kurt Warner Had the same WR's OL and Defense, But as soon as Matt Comes in The defense looks better the Offense is clicking.

You can make a case saying it's not Brunells fault, this is true it is not enitrely his fault. But sometimes when you put in a new face a la Jason Campell it might just change things..

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

You all have short memories. Last season he performed a miracle. Tell me that wasn't a Joe Gibbs signature team last year?

To the original poster: That's an EXCELLENT point. I am not an advocate of benching Brunell yet, but the point doesn't fall upon blind eyes. Sometimes when the young guy comes into the line up, oozing with confidence and makes some big throws, the entire team tends to pull together and unite around him. Suddenly that horrible defense of the Cards didn't look so bad against the Mighty Bears on MNF. And suddenly that Might Bears defense didn't look so tough against that young, brash rookie QB...

Yet another Brunell thread. One of the worse things about this season is that as it goes down the bench Brunell threads go up.

WE ALL KNOW HE'S NOT THE GUY!!! Who here thinks Gibbs will be here for at least two or three more years, I do....that said, HIS first round draft pick will get the nod soon enough. If Brunell can't pick up the offense this fast, and the D playing the way it is why put the kid in and chance hurting his "precious confidence???" They won't win with him or without him so let MB try to finish ruining the season then put JC in the junk games.

I put this in a seperate line so you can all quote it, he's the next McNabb minus the Soup and Choke commercials.

and PLEASE let's not compare Leinart and Campbell....Leinart played his entire college career under an NFL system, two totally different experiences....Campbell will catch up to him in a couple years not next

Thats right. Another difference. Nobody traded anything to get Leinart. Did we really trade up in the 05 draft to get the quarterback that will be a rookie in 07? I think Jason was in a pro-style offense last year.

I think that brunell is similar to brunell in that they are both in the twilight of their careers. I think that brunell has a little more ability than warner, but I would say that brunell isn't some untouchable quarterback who is beyond reproach. He is a capable manager, but like I said in a previous post, there doesn't seem to any urgency to try and win games. The team to me seems like they are just going to get it done in the second half of the season and try and turn it on like last year. Whatever happend to "We are going to go out and get homefield advantage next year for our fans?" I thought that rallying cry was going to be carrying them though the first half of the season. Now that we pretty know that isn't going to happen, what are they going to do to motivate themselves for a playoff run? I know that the season isn't over, but for a team that has made as many mistakes as this one has, they had better find themselves some motivation.The team doesn't seem to feel like they feel they that were a dominate team that would get homefield advantage throughout.

So where does that leave us? In my opinion, it leaves the redskins a small chance at making the playoffs and very slim margine of winning the division. When you get yourself in this type of hole, it very hard to overcome. When I saw the line on the game last week at 10, I though what a joke. This game will be a lot closer than 10 points, however, I thought that the redskins were going to win? My point is that dominate team or a playoff team beats the teams it is supposed to beat, an 8-8 team does great one game and is bad the next. This year and team has the feel of the year and team that norv had when he got fired (1999). They beat a very good rams team at St Louis, but then would lose these stupid games to the cowboys and get a tie vs. the giants. I believe if anyone can turn this ship around, it is Joe Gibbs and his staff, but I have to say that they have made their jobs needlessly harder than it needed to be by losing two critical home games.

Unfortunately, the teams that we are facing in the second half of the season more than likely will all be after a playoff spot, unlike last year in which about half of the teams we beat could care less about making the playoffs because they were so far out of it. I feel that this team is going to have wake up and do something and do it immediately! If they do not, I fear that this season is lost for them.

2006 stats:

Kurt Warner (4 games): 77/123 62.6% 916yds 5tds 5int 81.9rating 12sacks 10fumbles:rubeyes:

Mark Brunell (6 games): 105/170 62.1% 1239yds 5tds 3int 86.9rating 9sacks 3fumbles

Warner was being sacked twice as often, was throwing twice as many interceptions, and was fumbling 5 times as often. I don't think Joe Gibbs would have tolerated that.

We can only wish that Brunell was as bad as Warner, because then we wouldn't need to have this conversation. If Kurt Warner were our starter, Jason Campbell would be playing already.

And has a weaker arm than Campbell. However, Matt was in a consistent pro system at USC and Jason has had different 6 offenses in 6 years. So mentally Matt might be farther along.

So what if he has had 6 different in 6 years. The only year that matters is this year. Leinart is in a different offense this year. Does the offense from his freshman year at Auburn really matter anymore? Does any offense from Auburn really matter anymore? You would think that learning that many offenses has a) made it easier to learn a new offense and B) exposed him to much more offense to be familiar with.

Is there a finite amount of offense that someone can learn?

Kurt Warner Had the same WR's OL and Defense, But as soon as Matt Comes in The defense looks better the Offense is clicking.

You can make a case saying it's not Brunells fault, this is true it is not enitrely his fault. But sometimes when you put in a new face a la Jason Campell it might just change things..

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

Only difference is Campbell is not Leinart otherwise he would already be playing. Obviously Campbell isn't performing well enough in practice to get the confidence of the coaching staff. Campbell really didn't even show much in preseason unless it was against 3rd stringers.

It is worth a shot...it seems to be working for the Cards, Leinart is better than Campbell, but I still think we need a spark, last season our spark was bringing in Brunell at the beg of the season and we got our spark too early...somethings is wrong with the team and all signs point to a QB when the team should be winning and isn't

Only difference is Campbell is not Leinart otherwise he would already be playing. Obviously Campbell isn't performing well enough in practice to get the confidence of the coaching staff. Campbell really didn't even show much in preseason unless it was against 3rd stringers.

He was also playing with thrid stringers...and they were calling basic plays. He won't be great...but he'll be good enough to win

I'll disagree with that to a certain extent. Warner is a guy who needed great protection to be effective. Brunell at least has his mobility to fall back on.

Jason

Correction, you meant had mobility. Burnell is just as useful as a shower cap on a bald head. :doh:

Archived