Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Opposing offenses coached to be.... COWARDLY when facing us?

TSO

They might respect our hitting ability, but i assure you they do not respect our football i.q. I keep wondering where our D went. Me thinks its the dline. Griff and Joe been hurtin, they move daniels to the opposite end and add a bum. Why didnt we draft a DE?

Yeah, I was ticked off at the cowardly way Travis Henry tip-toed his way to 178 yards. I can't believe what Brad Childress, Bill Parcells, Jeff Fisher and Tom Coughlin have done this year....horrible. I hope other coaches don't follow this cowardly game plan. The nerve of the opposing players...intentionally avoiding contact? Making big plays downfield, then running straight to the endzone so that ST or AA can't put the smack down.....punks. All of em.

I'm with ya bro.......its has to stop. I hope the coaches send tape of these acts of cowardice to the league office. Somebody needs to do something!!!!!!

I think they are not coached to play cowardly either. I've have seen some ducks, but the players are avoiding the big hits because they are ahead and don't see the need to take the extra punishment for an extra foot or two. They're avoiding the big hit because we've been so incapable of stopping anyone on third down and therefore, they figure live to see another day. They're not coaching them to play cowardly because we're practically leading the leads in giving up big plays which means they are coaching aggressively and challenging our safeties in coverage and doubting that they can make the big hit or get an interception and fumble. Our defense has not inspired fear this year. Hopefully, that will change.

I'm sure there have been examples of ducking going on, such as guys going over the middle and covering up after making a catch. And it might - MIGHT- even happen a little more against us given Sean Taylor and AA's reputation for big hits. But it is a huge stretch, delusional almost, to think opposing teams are being coached to do this.

To respond to the original poster, I only notice this in some cases with Sean Taylor, Marcus Washington, and Adam Archuleta.

All in all, I see offenses picking on everyone. Even the Taylor in passing situations is being feared like last year.

What I see happening is teams O-linemen are running over Andre Carter, Warrick Holdman, and Lemar Marshall. Carter has slowly improved, but is still getting beat. I look at him and compare that situation to that of Jevon Kearse in Philly; good pass-rusher, terrible when rushed at. Holdman is getting into position, but can't get off a block to save his life. Not to mention is horrible in coverage. Finally, Lemar is just not big/powerful enough to play in the middle. He becomes very exposed when Griffin and Salavea aren't tying people up.

I think flipping Holdman and Marshall around would help them both. Holdman has trouble getting off his blocks, but he isn't giving up ground either when getting blocked. Marshall has good speed. He should still set up the defense, but would more open to read and react at the WLB position. Also, I saw it happen a little last game, but we need to move Marcus Washington around some more. Teams are basically running away from our play makers on 1st and 2nd down. D-line gap control needs to improve. Finally, I liked to see us mix up our D-formations more often. We are loaded are talent at LB on our roster. Use some 3-4 or other schemes to use our LB talent more. We did it in the preseason and it was successful when used.

I am no coach, this is just my :2cents:. Also, I don't like losing, but the way we are losing is what is so dishearting. If we were at least being competitive, then I think I would feel better about the chances of improving.

HTTR!!! :helmet:

Archived