Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Opposing offenses coached to be.... COWARDLY when facing us?

TSO

Has anyone noticed how much more cowardly opposing recievers/Tight Ends/Running Backs have been playing against us?

What I mean is... I've noticed way too many times that the guy with the ball on the opposing team's offense seems to not allow us to tackle him. Especially if Sean Taylor is in the area. It actually happens to Adam too. Has anyone else noticed this?

Now, before you say "well, obviously they're gonna duck or try to get outta the way" I want to make one thing clear. What I am talking about is CLEAR CUT COWARDICE. For instance, Tiki Barber falling to the ground when Adam was about to lunge at him. He had only gained like one yard so it wasn't like he didn't need anymore or something. Recievers catching the ball then falling to the ground the same second before trying for more yards and risking taking a hit. I've noticed it a lot. It's actually frustrating because it's the sole reason why we can't seem to get many fumbles to occur.

Am I taking crazy pills, or has anyone else noticed this?

I'm beginning to think that other teams are coaching against our D this way. It's working. No big hits leads to no jittery players which leads no bad mistakes. I don't know. It's been something on my mind lately and since every other thread on this board seems to be about destroying Brunell's life or someone else's I figured we can try to talk about something else. :cool:

Uhh... ok.

Can we forget about our rank for a second here and discuss what I THOUGHT I've noticed? Or is that too difficult for everyone here in their blind rage right now?

Maybe I needed to provide a good analogy.

Picture this:

3rd down and a few yards. Dallas has the ball in 4th Quarter, up by only 6 points in an unbelievable game with a huge turn of events. If they get this first down, the game is pretty much over. They can run out the clock a lot more. If they don't they gotta punt the ball, giving our offense the chance to make another big play and take the lead. Sound familiar? It should.

They come out lined up in a 4 WR set. Bledsoe snaps the ball. Glenn turns quickly after running for a couple of yards, Bledsoe hits em for the first, he falls down quickly before Taylor can get to him. First down. Clock still ticking. Sound wierd?

It should. Had he not turned around to gain a few more yards, thus Sean Taylor taking his head off( and ball then proceeding to fly out for an incompletion), the game could've been over. Point understood now? I hope. :D

I understand it would be nice to try to find something else to blame besides Brunell and his absolute inability to play consistently in this league at this late stage of his career. I don't think the opposing teams are being cowardly when it comes to our defense. I think they are just playing us smart and allowing us to make the mistakes that we eventually do. We are a poor coached team. So if Gibbs is not going to go with Campbell, which he clearly should, then he doesn't have what it takes. Vince Young is starting after four weeks in the league. Campbell has a stronger arm and the ability to run with the ball like Young, yeah I said it, he can run. Vince Young is not special. He could hit the corner in college, but this isn't college, he can't do that in this league. But I am off my point. Joe Gibbs has to go! Yikes, I said it. I can safely say I was extremely happy when I heard Joe Gibbs had been hired. I can remember it like it was yesterday. I was sitting in my basic training barracks reading mail before lights out and I got the letter saying that Gibbs was back, I thought this is what we need. I can admit when I am wrong! He is a hall of famer, but not for what he is doing now, but rather for what he did in the past, 15-20 years ago. It is a new league and he just doesn't have it anymore. I am not trying to disrespect Joe Gibbs by any means. He brought the Redskins 3 championships and for that he shall forever be hailed in the Redskins' Nation. But how long can we sit back and let the past hinder the present. He doesn't have the moxy to coach today. He is loyal, but in this league today, loyalty only gets you a 2-4 record, with the 5-0 Colts on the schedule next. We are undisciplined, unfocused, inconsistent, and at times completely incoherent. We do some great things and then go completely away from what is working to play conservative and let teams back in games that have no business playing on the same field as us. Or maybe it should be the other way around. So Gibbs, show us that you still have what it takes. Make a move, as you say you aren't afraid to do. Let's get the defense playing with some focus and the offense playing with some consistency. If it is working, don't break it. The pass can set up the run, it doesn't always have to go the other way around. And for &^^# sake, give Campbell a chance, I know that it what everyone is saying, but maybe that is for a reason. Brunell can't make the throws that are needed. There are guys open down field. You mean to tell me that Santana Moss, Randel-El, and Brandon Lloyd are all covered down field on 90% percent of the plays, I doubt it. I think it is more that Brunell holds the ball too long, can't see the open guys, can't put the zip on the ball consistently the way he used to, and therefore we miss a lot of chances for big plays. I am gonna stop now but we need a change. We may go out there on Sunday and play well and beat the Colts, we have the players to do it. But we are definitely not going to do it consistently every Sunday with the man running the offense. Thanks for the one playoff win in 6 years but we want more, we demand more! Skins' fan for life who had to miss Sunday's game because of some silly Earthquake in Hawaii! I'm from the East Coast, we don't have Earthquakes, we have blizzards. I blame myself for the loss, because I wasn't watching! Hail to the Redskins!

I understand it would be nice to try to find something else to blame besides Brunell and his absolute inability to play consistently in this league at this late stage of his career. I don't think the opposing teams are being cowardly when it comes to our defense. I think they are just playing us smart and allowing us to make the mistakes that we eventually do. We are a poor coached team. So if Gibbs is not going to go with Campbell, which he clearly should, then he doesn't have what it takes. Vince Young is starting after four weeks in the league. Campbell has a stronger arm and the ability to run with the ball like Young, yeah I said it, he can run. Vince Young is not special. He could hit the corner in college, but this isn't college, he can't do that in this league. But I am off my point. Joe Gibbs has to go! Yikes, I said it. I can safely say I was extremely happy when I heard Joe Gibbs had been hired. I can remember it like it was yesterday. I was sitting in my basic training barracks reading mail before lights out and I got the letter saying that Gibbs was back, I thought this is what we need. I can admit when I am wrong! He is a hall of famer, but not for what he is doing now, but rather for what he did in the past, 15-20 years ago. It is a new league and he just doesn't have it anymore. I am not trying to disrespect Joe Gibbs by any means. He brought the Redskins 3 championships and for that he shall forever be hailed in the Redskins' Nation. But how long can we sit back and let the past hinder the present. He doesn't have the moxy to coach today. He is loyal, but in this league today, loyalty only gets you a 2-4 record, with the 5-0 Colts on the schedule next. We are undisciplined, unfocused, inconsistent, and at times completely incoherent. We do some great things and then go completely away from what is working to play conservative and let teams back in games that have no business playing on the same field as us. Or maybe it should be the other way around. So Gibbs, show us that you still have what it takes. Make a move, as you say you aren't afraid to do. Let's get the defense playing with some focus and the offense playing with some consistency. If it is working, don't break it. The pass can set up the run, it doesn't always have to go the other way around. And for &^^# sake, give Campbell a chance, I know that it what everyone is saying, but maybe that is for a reason. Brunell can't make the throws that are needed. There are guys open down field. You mean to tell me that Santana Moss, Randel-El, and Brandon Lloyd are all covered down field on 90% percent of the plays, I doubt it. I think it is more that Brunell holds the ball too long, can't see the open guys, can't put the zip on the ball consistently the way he used to, and therefore we miss a lot of chances for big plays. I am gonna stop now but we need a change. We may go out there on Sunday and play well and beat the Colts, we have the players to do it. But we are definitely not going to do it consistently every Sunday with the man running the offense. Thanks for the one playoff win in 6 years but we want more, we demand more! Skins' fan for life who had to miss Sunday's game because of some silly Earthquake in Hawaii! I'm from the East Coast, we don't have Earthquakes, we have blizzards. I blame myself for the loss, because I wasn't watching! Hail to the Redskins!

Wow, talk about unreadable.

Goodness. I didn't say every single player is doing this. Plus, Travis Henry was NOT stiff arming Sean or Adam. Look, If none of you want to read everything I said and comment in an insightful manner, then please resist the temptation to be smart a**es about it.

Remember, disagreeing can be done nicely.

Did you point to the game Dallas? One of the many we lost?

They were laughing and dancing on the sidelines, but scared and falling down short on the field?

Were going to need for you to give at least 3 instances in each game for it to be obvious. Otherwise you could say the same thing about the Redskins and point out a couple of instance of Portis falling down short.

Well, It was something I noticed many times, during the course of the season. I don't remember when and where and every single instance. It's not a stat I can go find for anyone. ALL I ASKED WAS IF ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS, OR IF IT WAS JUST ME?

Goodness. I can't believe some of you. You could've just said it was just me. I noticed it and said it to myself many times during this season. That's all. I guess I'm wrong. Sorry for ruining everyones day. lol...

Also, just cuz the other team was laughing and dancing on the sideline doesn't mean in anyway that they were not doing what I stated. Obviously, winning will cause you to celebrate. What does that have to do with anything? Did I say they're scared sh*tless of us when on the sidelines? No, I didn't, so that argument was worthless.

I don't understand why this is so difficult.

Right now I believe that Santana Moss is the only man that is feared by opposing teams. Hopefully more will join him.

yeah but brunell is feared by redskins fan

am i the only one who takes a deep breath when brunell drops back to pass?

Archived