Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where the hell is our defense? (ugh-defense bad! mega merge)

SkinFan63

When a back like Travis Henry rushes for 178 yards against us at home...you know we have nothing going defensively.

They did not show the game here in Italy so I did not see how badly we played. I could only read the play by play and look at stats.

I saw we had like 4 fumbles.

How did MB play?

It is what it is... we stink

we have a lot of money invested in players that just do not make a difference.

We have coach out of touch with things....

We have a bunch of pampered millionare athletes that somehow can find a way to show up for a "must win" game, flat (like last week).

EFF ThEM!

GW is riding on past performances and past reputation. His defense has not changed much and teams are recognizing whats gonna happen pre-snap. His play calling is just awful, everytime we blitz they have a deep route that they connect on, even when they miss we never even get close to the QB. Its amazing that when we send 7 and there blocking with 5 and a RB, we never get there! When we play zone there is a running play called or a short pass thats always completed, this year. Our corners do not make plays on the ball, they play the man, thus they are never in a position to intercept the ball.

I just heard the coach Gibbs press conference and he said the same comments about it being a tough loss and that they are all in this together...blah..blah...blah.

I think it's time to start loking at Rock M at linebacker and Jason C at qb.

If the veterans are not going to get this turned around..we need to start giving the younger players a shot.

The pass coverage has been horrible. I watched this game closely and here is what I saw from the pass coverage. Rogers and Wright mostly but Holdman as well when he was in coverage play so far off any receiver that Vince Young had his choice of underneath routes all day. There was no press coverage at all except on 2 plays that were both heavy blitzes. When you play almost 10 yards off of a receiver there are 2 possible outcomes...

1. Receiver is open underneath, cathces the ball takes 2 steps and it's a minimum 8 yard play.

2. Corner backpedals...reciver builds up 10 yards of speed and goes right by the corner who has no chance, once he is turned around he is too far behind the reciver to make a play on he player or the ball. This was the case on every pass play that Tennesse had today on Offense. For tose of you who Tivo or DVR go back and watch it, this is what you will see. There was ZERO contact with any receiver coming off of the line. I think this is why they can't blitz. The only succesful blitzes came on the 2 plays where the corners jammed the receivers at the line. No quickly open receiver + blitz works. Every other pass play burned the D.

Stopping the Run... Hey the guys up front did well for Rookies. The real problem is Tackling. Washington, Marshall, and Taylor seem to be the only guys that have arms able to wrap up anybody.

I totally agree! I can't stand it when they play so far off the ball and reciever it's as if they are giving up free yardage! Here take we'll let you have your first win right here on our home field! At our expense here take it take it you rookie , Vincent Young and cherish it! Meanwhile our Jason Campbell sits on the bench while other rookies get all the snaps! WOW Jeff Fisher benched Mcnair! Hummmmmm! Crappp! Yes be loyal to veterens!:doh: and lets go backwards!

And bench or cut Holdman! Cant stop the runs in his own shorts with a whole box of Immodium AD!

Thanks,Matt

this team has not jelled,, they are still a bunch of individuals.al saunders never allows for the line of scrimage to be establishe. where's duckett? i'm clueless, these guys have not come together. there's no fire . i don't people. joe gibbs, we need you to pull something out of your hat or this team is in trouble.you know, this team suffered under the owner's constant changeing, then gibbs comes and we have the same for 2 years and whala, playoffs. we just need a couple of offensive players and we are set. but gibbs goers one more and brings in saunders, and shakes everything up all over again.and this team had yet to recover.

Archived