Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I MADE THIS **** UP (Ain't it great!): Jeff Fisher will coach the Skins in 07!

ST#21willbreaku

I have heard this rumor several places and if it becomes reality what are your thoughts????

If Joe Gibbs resigns, Fisher will be a great move. He will never ever be fired, so he is definately thinking about calling it quits.

If anyone else thinks Greg Williams should take over they are nuckin futs!!! He was awful in Buffalo.

There is a reason why Al Saunders is not a head coach in this league. He may be a little Norv Turnerish in that he knows x's and o's but does not know how to handle people.

So, I can understand why this rumor is out there. Fisher is done in Tennesse and is a great coach. He has no talent on his team.

Bring on the Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even going to address the main point.

As for Gregg Williams, MANY haed coaches have failed at first, then when given a second chance after learning more, were successful their second time. The most obvious example is Belichick. He was aweful in Cleveland, but how's he doing in NE? Exactly.

And who better to learn under in between HC jobs than HOF coach Joe Gibbs?

But this is a discussion best suited for the offseason, not the middle of October....

I have heard this rumor several places and if it becomes reality what are your thoughts????

If Joe Gibbs resigns, Fisher will be a great move. He will never ever be fired, so he is definately thinking about calling it quits.

If anyone else thinks Greg Williams should take over they are nuckin futs!!! He was awful in Buffalo.

There is a reason why Al Saunders is not a head coach in this league. He may be a little Norv Turnerish in that he knows x's and o's but does not know how to handle people.

So, I can understand why this rumor is out there. Fisher is done in Tennesse and is a great coach. He has no talent on his team.

Gregg Williams will be the head coach when Joe Gibbs leaves and thats the end of it. Gibbs promised the job to Williams and I dont think Snyder would **** with Gibbs on that.

If we're going to have a drastic overhaul at coaching, I'd prefer Bill Cowher as he's balking at signing an extension.

That's IF. Gregg Williams IMO needs to be promoted to HC. He had 3 seasons in Buffalo, he got the team on a down slide. He improved their D 10 fold and the management was horrible at best. They had many needs and they went and drafted McGahee. Just one of many ways they screwed him and set him up for failure. For the sake of continuity, I'd rather see him HC, keep on Saunders and promote Jerry Gray to D-coordinator.

To: Whomever said Al Saunders doens't know how to handle people

Trust me, you are absouluely wrong. He has produced the number one offense in the NFL three years in a row. Also, he is very good with people and communicating, and leading. He is basically the head coach of the offense and the players have the upmost respect for him.

Wow. Did I get sucked through a wormhole? The timing of this post is....bizarre.

And for the record, I've read stories about Saunders that say he's an energetic people-person and that his players love the encouragement he gives them.

Yeah really it makes no sense! I mean Titans week, all the DC area media meeting with Tennesse people this would probably come up a during Dallas week! Idiot Norv had energy! He was a real winner!

Trust me, you are absouluely wrong. He has produced the number one offense in the NFL three years in a row. Also, he is very good with people and communicating, and leading. He is basically the head coach of the offense and the players have the upmost respect for him.

I agree with the respect part, but as far as a head coach---how come no other team has hired him??? There is some book on the guy we dont know

I thought Gibbs wasn't going to quit until we won the Super Bowl again? Him quitting before that isn't part of the Master Plan.

I agree and comparing Al Saunders to Steve Spurier is ridiculous.

If Al Saunders were listed in a thesaurus, Steve Spurier would appear under the list of antonyms.

Saunders system has been consistant for years, while Spuriers offense proved to be an absolute failure in the NFL.

I'll be glad when we start winning, and all this nonsense is thrown out the window. :doh: (I think I read the Spurier comparison in another thread, i'm getting them mixed up, I apologize :)

Archived