Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Bugel getting a free pass?

scottlo34

In my estimation, as the O-Line goes, so go the Redskins....(i.e.-Skins vs Jags). I have not seen this O-line go into enemy territory especially in the division and dominate anybody in the last three years. I have seen the word "inconsistent" plastered all over the boards today and that fits the O-Line perfectly. Just because Boss Hog put together the Hogs many many years ago, he has to realize the same thing that Gibbs realized when he came back and that is the past guarantees him nothing. I have seen Gibbs get bashed, Williams get bashed, Danny Smith get bashed, but I never see anyone calling out Bugel. The line is not solid. The line is not consistent. They can hammer on the Cardinals and Rams of the world like they did during the playoff run but when the chips are down especially in NY or Philly or Dallas, they stink up the joint. Bugel needs to be accountable for the ridiculous inconsistency on the O-Line.

True ,very true!!!I'm at the point now wondering if it is really Bugel or does our talent on the offensive line suck that bad?I guess the rest of the season will tell.The only ones the have me won over on the O-line is Chris samuels, Casey rabach,Randy thomas.The rest have flat out terrible at times and the leader of that pack this year has been Jon Jansen.

Guest sith lord
In my estimation, as the O-Line goes, so go the Redskins....(i.e.-Skins vs Jags). I have not seen this O-line go into enemy territory especially in the division and dominate anybody in the last three years. I have seen the word "inconsistent" plastered all over the boards today and that fits the O-Line perfectly. Just because Boss Hog put together the Hogs many many years ago, he has to realize the same thing that Gibbs realized when he came back and that is the past guarantees him nothing. I have seen Gibbs get bashed, Williams get bashed, Danny Smith get bashed, but I never see anyone calling out Bugel. The line is not solid. The line is not consistent. They can hammer on the Cardinals and Rams of the world like they did during the playoff run but when the chips are down especially in NY or Philly or Dallas, they stink up the joint. Bugel needs to be accountable for the ridiculous inconsistency on the O-Line.

Because he was around when we were winning SuperBowls. Why is Gibbs getting a free pass? If it was anybody but Gibbs, everyone would be calling for a coaching change next year.

I gave Buges some credit last week but I have criticized him before. I don't think he's getting the job done in the grand scheme of things.

I think he was great for old school football. A good rah rah guy who can motivate you to pound the guy in front of you. However our line has never been good at picking up the new age zone blitz schemes or some of the exotic stunts seen today since he has been here. We need to keep the big guns on the coaching staff but replace SOME of the coaches with younger coaching talents who have been brought up to teach technique needed to get by in TODAY'S NFL.

The Redskins defensive coaching staff has been able to groom late round draft picks, undrafted players and other teams cast offs into contributing players and some starters. Bugel has been handed an extremely talented (not potentially talented) group and done little with them. He also has been given many young backups to work with. None have shown anything and most have been cut. This group includes draft choices which he has helped to chose.

Because he was around when we were winning SuperBowls. Why is Gibbs getting a free pass? If it was anybody but Gibbs, everyone would be calling for a coaching change next year.

I think he was more than just "around" when we were winning Super Bowls.

Also, he's not just "anybody" he is JOE GIBBS. You can't fire Joe Gibbs. You just can't.

Think about it this way, even if you're right and Gibbs II is/ends up a failure, do you trust Snyder to make the right choice and hire the next great HC or the next great GM? He has yet to show that ability (and this comes from a Snyder apologist). Also if Gibbs were indeed fired, given Snyder's rep, do you think he could possibly attract anyone of consequence to come here? I mean here's the man who fired JOE GIBBS one season after Gibbs guided his team to the playoffs. How would that look?

I think for the long term health of this franchise, we have to ride Gibbs II out to the end. First because I'm still a sucker for the Redskins of my youth and believe that Joe Gibbs will get it done. Second, because if we do bail on Gibbs we'll be the Oakland Raiders scraping the bottom of the barrell for our next HC/FO people.

Guest sith lord
I think he was more than just "around" when we were winning Super Bowls.

Also, he's not just "anybody" he is JOE GIBBS. You can't fire Joe Gibbs. You just can't.

Think about it this way, even if you're right and Gibbs II is/ends up a failure, do you trust Snyder to make the right choice and hire the next great HC or the next great GM? He has yet to show that ability (and this comes from a Snyder apologist). Also if Gibbs were indeed fired, given Snyder's rep, do you think he could possibly attract anyone of consequence to come here? I mean here's the man who fired JOE GIBBS one season after Gibbs guided his team to the playoffs. How would that look?

I think for the long term health of this franchise, we have to ride Gibbs II out to the end. First because I'm still a sucker for the Redskins of my youth and believe that Joe Gibbs will get it done. Second, because if we do bail on Gibbs we'll be the Oakland Raiders scraping the bottom of the barrell for our next HC/FO people.

We have no choice but to trust Snyder. Afterall, he's the owner. But to answer your other question, guys will come and coach here. Why not? It's still a headcoaching job and Snyder overpays everybody.

It's the execution on the field of the fundamentals of football by the players.

If the coach is not having his players practice those fundamentals then it is his fault.

I don't know what These linemen are doing during practice but I know there fundamentals suck during games.

I'm a big believer in the old addage of you practice like you play...so I don't think these pathetic excuses for offensive linemen are practicing the basics which is what they desperately need.

Is it Buges fault?.....I give it 60/40 yes.

I think Samuels, Dockery and Thomas have been pretty good this year. Raebach is an average player who will give you an average performance. Jansen has been pretty bad since training camp, which is really a concern. The wheels might be falling off there.

Archived