Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis, best Skins back ever??

Redskinaholic

Just a question to throw out there for fun. Do you think Clinton Portis right now is already the best Redskins running back of all time? If not, do you think he will be when it's all said and done? What will it take? A Super Bowl ring? 2 Super Bowl Rings? Over 15,000 yards?

My opinion is that he could be the best, but maybe just not yet. Riggins was a beast and won a Super Bowl. Riggins meant everything to that offense, but Portis means everything to this offense as well. If the Portis wins a Super Bowl with the Skins, I automatically will consider him the best Redskins running back of all time. If no ring ever comes, I'll still consider him top 2. Portis is the here and now, so obviously I'm going to be biased and take the side of Portis. I'm only 25 years old, so I don't remember too much about Riggins, just things I've read and old clips I've seen. Am I crazy for comparing Riggins and Portis or does Portis deserved to be mentioned in the same breath as Riggo? Both were and are great players, but in totally different ways. I just have to say though, that we are blessed to have had both of these guys play for this organization. It is pure joy watching Portis play every week and we are spoiled to have such a good player on our team. I guess Bobby Mitchell should be thrown in the mix as well.:helmet: :logo:

OK OK...so the guy made a BOOBOO...Im thinkin that BRIE Cheese is by far the best cheese out there...smooth, creamy and great when its baked in dough....I think that BRIE IS THE BEST CHEESE EVER!!!!!:2cents: :cheers:

****just change your title...make it...THE BEST CHEESE EVER thread....;)

Not Yet! He is on his way though, Right now I would rank him behind Riggins and Earnest Byner(one of my favorites growing up) , and tied with Stephen Davis and Terry Allen. But I see him surpassing Davis and Allen this year and Byner in a couple of years. He needs to have a great carrer as a redskins and win a couple SB's before he overtakes Riggo. Probably like 15,000 yards rushing and two Super Bowls should do it.

Riggins is still the best ever. He brought home a Superbowl trophy. He was the difference in that game, on a 4th down play I might add, he broke it for a touchdown and locked the game for us.

When Portis brings home a trophy, I will consider him.

Not Yet! He is on his way though, Right now I would rank him behind Riggins and Earnest Byner(one of my favorites growing up) , and tied with Stephen Davis and Terry Allen. But I see him surpassing Davis and Allen this year and Byner in a couple of years. He needs to have a great carrer as a redskins and win a couple SB's before he overtakes Riggo. Probably like 15,000 yards rushing and two Super Bowls should do it.
Agreed, he's not yet but sure is on his way.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

:doh:

Larry Brown is the best Redskins back ever, he did it with no Offensive line to speak of,

and he was the greatest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Brown_(running_back)

Larry Brown (born 1947 in Pittsburgh) was an American football player in the NFL and played running back in the 1960's and 1970's. He attended Schenley High School in Pittsburgh and Kansas State University. His eight year pro-career was spent exclusively with the Washington Redskins. Brown went to four consecutive Pro Bowls during his first four seasons and led the Redskins to their 1973 Super Bowl VII appearance against the "perfect" season Dolphins. Brown finished in the top five of the league for rushes five times, rushing yards three times, yards from scrimmage three times and total touchdowns twice.

Remember he did this with a line called "The over the hill gang"

I think the whole reason the front office was willing to make the outrageous trade for C.Portis that they made was Portis has a very realistic shot at breaking both the all-time rushing record and the seasonal rushing record. And they thought if they were going to trade Bailey that is what they wanted. And ultimately why they did not go for Shawn Alexander at a much better trade value. Alexander would have been great but lets face it, he has no chance at either record. And I think management would love to have those records under their Redskins belt.

Just a question to throw out there for fun. Do you think Clinton Portis right now is already the best Redskins running back of all time? If not, do you think he will be when it's all said and done? What will it take? A Super Bowl ring? 2 Super Bowl Rings? Over 15,000 yards?

My opinion is that he could be the best, but maybe just not yet. :helmet: :logo:

William%20-%20Crack%20pipe.jpg

Larry Brown was the best back in the NFL for about 3-4 years. George Allen ran him into the ground.I wish some of you young guys could have seen him play. Man he was great. I still think he was good enough to be in the Hall of Fame. His career was cut too short because of injuries

Depends what you mean by that wording. IF you mean the back with the best Redskin career, or with the greatest achievements or the best overall back that happened to suit up for the Skins at some point.

Portis is the best back we've had in Washington. He may not have the best SKins career yet but he is the most talented back to play in Washington. Period.

Shannon Sharpe of Denver called Portis the best player he's ever lined up with. Now, maybe he meant ASIDE from Elway or maybe not. In any case, that's pretty high praise.

He will be the best Skins back ever.I already think he is,but im only 21.So i understand why people say he's not,but to me he is.If we still had Champ and no Portis, this year would be over.Portis brought life to this team and if we had him week 1 more than 10 carries.We would be 3-1 right now simple as that.

Archived