Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Radio coverage suxses!

SCKINZ1

Is everyone having the same problem with this on/off radio coverage? I was listening to 730 AM until around 6:30 last night at the stadium and it just disappeared! All I got was static! Couldn't get either of the FM stations from my seat. I hope no one is buying commercial time on those stations because I have yet to listen to any of those stations without experiencing blackout areas around the metro area. This is unacceptable for the fans and the advertisers!! Give us a station we can receive.

The AM signal is weaker after the sun goes down, and ESPN told Snyder

that if he did not purchase stronger antenas for a better signal by Jan 1st, that they would pull XXX ESPN Radios programming. Had the linkt ot his story but cant find it ATM

I still don't see the need to listen to the radio from your seat... you're at the game, focus on being loud, not what Larry, Sam, and Sunny have to say

I generally agree, but it could help out in certain circumstances, like when they make you re-punt the ball and you have no idea why because you couldn't hear the speakers from the cave. Or maybe when they interrupt a celebration after a game winning TD to review something and you have no idea what they're reviewing for.

It's not just you.

The damn signal just dropped right as Daniels was intercepting the pass. :mad:

This is such a bushleague operation. It's embarrassing.

The thing that sucks is that during the preseason I was able to listen to the pregame with no problem (just a little static) and then it would cut out promptly at 8pm so I figured that I would be okay for yesterday's game because the signal wouldn't be cut until 8 and then that crap happened.

The Redskins should be ashamed of their radio "network".

I listened to the radio broadcast for the 1st half yesterday. I don't usually listen to it but watch it somewhere, but it wasn't on TV here in Philly.

Does anyone else think that Sam Huff has become senile? It is painful to listen to him. Here are a few quotes from him yesterday.

On 3rd down for the Jags at their own 12 yard line?...Sam says "this is a big down for the Redskins defense. If they stop them here, it probably means they will have to punt." Really?

On the Jags first series, Curry Burns got nicked up on a play. Sam says "oh no a player is down on defense and it's Cooley." Sonny says that's not Cooley and Sam says "oh, I saw the jersey number starting with 4 and thought it was him on defense." ???

They should be able to broadcast from the stadium, using a remote transmitter that could broadcast on any frequency. Those are pretty inexpensive. I used to work at a college that did that for football and basketball games and I know it is used at other venues. That would solve the problem for the people in the stands and probably the parking lots.

As for the rest of the area, I don't know the best way to solve that.

Does anyone else think that Sam Huff has become senile? It is painful to listen to him.

I would listen to a senile Sam Huff and a drunk Sonny J in a heartbeat if it would mean no longer having to put up with Larry "Butt-Buddy" Michael on PBP. Worst move EVER by Snyder was letting Frank Herzog go and making this retarded poof the lead announcer. He makes me long for the dulcet tones of perhaps Dan Jones, or Ion Eagle, or (god forbid!) Dan Dierdorf.

Archived