Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pete Prisco Mentions Redskins in his CBS column!

TimmySmith

http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/9698673 Quick hits

--Jaguars receiver Reggie Williams has finally come of age. After two seasons of below-average play, the former first-round pick has been good in 2006. He had five catches for 93 yards and two touchdowns against the Redskins Sunday. One of those touchdowns came on a play in which Sean Taylor blasted him, but he held on.

Another Skin hating hack giving no props.

That was a wicked hit. When it happened, people on the board were saying how bad our defense was.

I pointed out that it wasn't a bad defensive play, just an AMAZING catch. Sean Taylor almost took his head off, and he still caught it. He deserves the props for that play.

This is quite a stretch to consider this Redskins hating. Reggie Williams has underachieved in the past, but this year he is putting together a real good season. That's news. So Prisco puts in in his random thoughts blog. What's the problem?

This is quite a stretch to consider this Redskins hating. Reggie Williams has underachieved in the past, but this year he is putting together a real good season. That's news. So Prisco puts in in his random thoughts blog. What's the problem?

The fact that he called out Williams for one great catch when Santana was clearly the star of the show. In fact, he was the star of all of Sunday, and even the media agrees with that.

It's insult by omission.

The fact that he called out Williams for one great catch when Santana was clearly the star of the show. In fact, he was the star of all of Sunday, and even the media agrees with that.

It's insult by omission.

I don't think Santana cares what some hack at cbs does or does not say about him in a post-game column.

He was the MVP of a win over one of the better teams in the NFL. I'm sure that's enough for him.

I don't think Santana cares what some hack at cbs does or does not say about him in a post-game column.

He was the MVP of a win over one of the better teams in the NFL. I'm sure that's enough for him.

We're on the same page. I don't care what anyone in the media has to say about the Redskins, good or bad, but I was just explaining why this is considered "hating" on them.

Previous Column

"The Washington Redskins are always about the now. That's the Dan Snyder way. So when Clinton Portis was injured this summer, and his status for the team's opener was in doubt, the Redskins traded a third-round pick to the Atlanta Falcons for running back T.J. Duckett. Last week, Duckett was inactive. Those are the types of moves that keep teams down. Third-round picks have value. For most teams, they are cheap labor for five years. But Snyder could care less about that. He spends money each spring like he prints it. But at some point, the madness has to stop."

9/20

"The Redskins paid a lot of money to get receivers Brandon Lloyd -- they traded to get him, too -- and Antwaan Randle El. Against the Cowboys, Lloyd had one catch, his first of the season, and Randle El had two. Were they worth the money? We've been saying here for a long time that Randle El was nothing more than a good No. 3 receiver. Dan Snyder has to learn who to spend his money on."

This is not cherry picking these are all the mentions of the Skins this year.

It's insult by omission.

Prisco's column in question has seven random thoughts from Week 4. None mention any of the big stars of the week. Sorry, to cherry pick this quote as dissing the Skins is too thin-skinned.

We're on the same page. I don't care what anyone in the media has to say about the Redskins, good or bad, but I was just explaining why this is considered "hating" on them.

Understandable.

I just have a disdain for many sportswriters these days because of the Skip Bayless "I'm going to write the most controversial thing I can think of because more people will read it" approach.

Archived