Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Turning in my Campbell sig............for now

AsburySkinsFan

Ok, I said that if we won in good fashion against the Jags this week I'd take down my Campbell "Future is now" signature. I'm still not completely convinced that Brunell is the man, but at least they are game planning toward his strengths, and now that Portis is back it is taking pressure off Brunell.

Nice game today Mark.

BTW Santana, you the man! I can't believe someone cut him in my fantasy league last week, and I was able to pick him up out of free agency and all I had to do was drop my #3 WR. LOL

I've backed Mark all year and defended him against the bandwagoners for the first two weeks of the season, but even I know Campbell is the future. Question is when and I personally don't want to answer that today, instead I'll enjoy my victory with a nice cup of hot cocoa and whipped cream on top :)

I just like seeing the guy we have starting behind center being supported and congratulated when he does well...and especially when he does well and we win. Over the past two weeks, Brunell's numbers have been:

42/57

74% completion rate

590 yds

10.35 ypa

4 TDs

1 INT

33.5 ppg

That is freakin' ridiculous...how anyone who calls themselves a fan can look at these last two games and give Brunell only lukewarm praise is beyond me. Thankfully not too many fall into that catagory.

they are game planning toward his strengths

That's the ticket, in my view. I think we all knew it would take a while for the players to adapt to Saunders calling the plays, but I think it also took Saunders a little while to adapt to the players we have. You can tell things are getting better now and I think the playcalling is a big part of that. Notice how Cooley is getting involved now too. If Saunders does things right I think Brunell can keep it going.

I have stood by Brunell all year. I still feel like I watched a different Dallas game than everyone else. In the game I was watching, Brunell wasn't given a chance to throw the ball. Now he is, and we are on a 2 game winning streak.

Now THAT is the reason. I get frustrated reading the view that "well, now, Saunders is playing to Brunells strengths"... come on.

Today, Mark proved that they all were telling the truth all along. It was about the looks of the other teams' defense. Mark is great at reading defenses... that's all there is to it. Gibbs calls him super-smart because that's what he is. Whether you pessimistics want to accept it or not.

Brandon had a good game.

Andre had a good game.

Archuleta had a good game.

I hope this stupid bust talk dies down too. I'm going to enjoy all the threads being started by the naysayers putting their egos first and trying desperately to prove they weren't dead wrong about 90% of all they said.

I've backed Mark all year and defended him against the bandwagoners for the first two weeks of the season, but even I know Campbell is the future. Question is when and I personally don't want to answer that today, instead I'll enjoy my victory with a nice cup of hot cocoa and whipped cream on top :)

That doesn't sound have bad. Make me one can ya.:cheers:

I have stood by Brunell all year. I still feel like I watched a different Dallas game than everyone else. In the game I was watching, Brunell wasn't given a chance to throw the ball. Now he is, and we are on a 2 game winning streak.

It's all because of Portis. Ya can't just all out rush the QB all day when CP is in there. Early on i kept sayin that Brunell will get going once we have a healthy Portis.

Now THAT is the reason. I get frustrated reading the view that "well, now, Saunders is playing to Brunells strengths"... come on.

Today, Mark proved that they all were telling the truth all along. It was about the looks of the other teams' defense. Mark is great at reading defenses... that's all there is to it. Gibbs calls him super-smart because that's what he is. Whether you pessimistics want to accept it or not.

Brandon had a good game.

Andre had a good game.

Archuleta had a good game.

I hope this stupid bust talk dies down too. I'm going to enjoy all the threads being started by the naysayers putting their egos first and trying desperately to prove they weren't dead wrong about 90% of all they said.

:applause::applause:

took the words right outta my mouth

Brunell played well enough last night to overcome some bad throws earlier in the game. He showed leadership and poise in the 4th quarter and I think JoeG should have given us a chance on 4th and milimeters to possibly put the game away then, but then we'd never have seen another fantastic santana TAC (touchdown after the catch). Let's keep building momentum and learning with this new offense and who knows maybe 9-7 was too pessimistic an idea early in the season.

I just like seeing the guy we have starting behind center being supported and congratulated when he does well...and especially when he does well and we win. Over the past two weeks, Brunell's numbers have been:

42/57

74% completion rate

590 yds

10.35 ypa

4 TDs

1 INT

33.5 ppg

That is freakin' ridiculous...how anyone who calls themselves a fan can look at these last two games and give Brunell only lukewarm praise is beyond me. Thankfully not too many fall into that catagory.

Ya, but last week we played Houston... This week i will admit he did have a good game. It's mostly play calling in which he does bad, if you have all of these speed and playmaking recievers run short 5-8 yard patterns you wont be able to fully use them, this week there were some deep passes, and the old reliable screen to Moss. If Brunell has time and gets his confidence in the pocket early we should be able to pick apart and defense in the league

LOL!!! One of my best friends is from Johnstown PA. Wow!!! We got Skin fans out there? I thought that was Steeler country on that side of town.

Archived