Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schlereth picks Jags 24-6!?!

TradeTheBeal!

First of all, I don't blame him for being bitter with the Redskins. He played in pain and went under the knife an unbelievable number of times and always played at a high level. Yet, the Redskins gave up on him and let him go. That was a mistake as he proved he could still play.

Second, many unbiased observers are predicting the Jags to beat the Skins and beat them good. It shouldn't be a surprise considering how they have look and how we have looked.

I still love Stink for what he went through while he was a Redskin.

Hail,

H

The skins just didn't let him go. He had been diagnosed with some disease that the medical people felt would end his career. The skins were told that he wouldn't be able to play anymore. There was a definite medical reason he was let go. He would have never been let go if the medical people had not indicated that his career was in danger.

I actually don't think 24-6 is all that bad of a pick, and I'll state why.

1. Yes Portis is a good running back, and stopping him is a huge key, however, Julius Jones and Willie Parker are also very good running backs. both were held to under 100 yards in our first two games, and in fact, both Dallas and Pittsburgh were held to less than 100 rushing yards total in both games.

2. Because of reason #1, this forces the Redskins to be 1 dimensional, and rely on Brunell. While I like Brunell, there is no way he puts up the production that Peyton Manning puts up.

3. Our defense held the Cowboys to 17 points, shut out the Steelers, and only allowed 14 points from Peyton Manning and the Colt's offense.

4. Our offense, while nothing spectacular, has the ability to move the ball down the field. Fred Taylor is as healthy as ever, and our rookie running back, Maurice Drew put on a clinic against the Colts. Our receivers aren't the fastest, but they are big and physical. Leftwich isn't mobile, but has a very good arm.

I'm not trying to talk smack, but I would be very suprised to see the Redskins put up more than 10 points against our defense.

Here's to a good game, and hopefully, no injuries on either side.:cheers:

Yeah, I trust a ESPN guy by the name of stink to make lock picks.......whatever.

This is going to be a hard game.

It should be a close game based on what we have, but if the team that shows up in week 1-2 shows, then we're in trouble.

If we get a week 3 performance (sans all the penalties).....with the home field and cold weather, we win.

I partially agree with the Jaguar fan up there but the thing is, we have a hof coach and what should be the best coordinators in the league on both sides of the ball, and the best assistants under them.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but after a few bad weeks already there isn't much room for a loss now. Jags should come in here and beat our asses, but we should be able to design a gameplan, while at home even, that will win us the game. Our team should be able to win a home game against a very good team. I expect them to.

2. Because of reason #1, this forces the Redskins to be 1 dimensional, and rely on Brunell. While I like Brunell, there is no way he puts up the production that Peyton Manning puts up.

dude, peyton manning had one of the worst games of his career last sunday...the colts won because they didnt give up on the run game...as long as we dont become one dimensional and dont give up major points, we win...by 6?

Skins will win this one. They have not had to account for a RB like CP, And though I'm sure many disagree with me, I think last weeks win over houston was more the skins improving than it was the texans "suck"...

Well, the Texans DO suck, you cant really say they dont. I think the one thing that gets me is so many people saying that "Jax hasnt seen a RB like Poritis yet". Tony Parker and Julius Jones are 2 pretty good backs. Now Portis may be a step up, but our O-line still needs to block, and there is not alot of reason to think we are all of a sudden look like the Hogs and move these guys out and give CP some room.

And on the flip side, we havent seen a back like Fred Taylor (who is every bit as good as CP) yet, and backs like Julius Jones have run all over us this year. No ones seems to want to acknowledge that.

Eh, I don't see either team lighting up the scoreboard. This feels like a 13-10 type of game.

BTW, don't lump CP in with backs like Julius Jones, Willie Parker, and Fred Taylor. All those are solid backs - Taylor is actually very good but past his prime. Portis is an ELITE back. The difference is marginal yet vast.

Geez, I don't know what we did make him hate us but he is showing us no respect at all! He picks them to get 24 against us even though they have 23 points in their last 8 quarters. BTW, he made this pick about 5 minutes ago on sportscenter.

Okay, then we just need to prove him wrong.

yes im mad and very very hurt. you all r sooooo mean! i think im going to cry!......................................well this is an open thread and guess what, i wrote what i wanted to write. if that annoys you than thats not my problem. this thread is about the Jags being picked to win 24-6 and i can make whatever comment i want. doesnt change my life any if you don't like me

No need to get all huffy. You're just proving his point.

Archived