Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alright Skins Fans, Be Honest...

FranchiseTY11

The MAIN thing I'm looking forward to in this game is knowing that the Skins coaches also will be watching this game closely. We play both teams within the span of a month starting in November. Kind of a coach mojo thing.

Financially, I'm hoping for the Saints to win for office pool purposes. I picked the Saints to win over the rushing attack of Dunn-Norwood-Vick primarily based on what I have learned is the "Wellington Mara Factor". With enough emotional intensity, a home team can shut out an otherwise evenly matched visiting opponent from the same division.

Plus, I'm so pleased that the Skins have changed the direction of the inertia that I can relax when I'm watching football again.

I have tickets to the Skins-Falcons game (Dec. 2? 3?) at the 50 yard line in the upper deck, so I need to send out negative karma now. John Abraham LIT UP the Falcons defense against the Panthers and started their death slide. New blood with energy will do that (see, for example, the outstanding play of Golston and Montgomery). Fortunately, our new blood is not as injury prone as Abraham. :cool:

I'll be rooting for the saints too :D

A lot of talk surrounding this game deals with the emotion of the night (as it should) and the Vick vs Bush angle. But what gets lost sometimes is what huge rivals these teams are(Although Pasquarelli I believe called it the most underrated rivalry in an earlier article this year). They came into the league together (Falcons in '66, Saints in '67) have been in the same division since 1970. They both have been pretty bad teams throughout the years, and the games were usually to salvage any threads of respectability for the season. I know it sounds dumb, but ask any fan of either team and they will tell you.

John Abraham LIT UP the Falcons defense against the Panthers and started their death slide. New blood with energy will do that (see, for example, the outstanding play of Golston and Montgomery). Fortunately, our new blood is not as injury prone as Abraham. :cool:

FWIW, Abraham will probably not play tonight.

<----------- Also recording prison break. Is it me or has that show not been as good since they did the title?

It's still alright, exciting anyway. I'm glad they killed off that lawyer girl. I was getting sick of that plotline. Will be interesting to see how many more seasons they can milk out of this concept though. I recall hearing the series was scheduled for 3 years...

/endhijack

I hope Reggie Bush rushes for over 100 yards tonight. Definitly going to be a game to watch. I work with a huge Saints fan and I think he got taken back a little today when I told him that I am pullin for them. I feel no shame rootin for them tonight - especially when they are playing Atlanta!

I can't wait, one of the most exciting defensive players in Deangelo Hall against one of the most exciting players period in Reggie Bush, as well as the Michael Vick Experience?

I was looking forward to watching Hall as well. I turned the game on late only to find he was injured, bummer. The dome is a rockin' and the Saints aren't playin' like the Aints!

Archived