Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Not Brunell! It's Saunders (Unmagestic) Running Attack!

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Ok so Brunell actually does look pretty rusty. And let's hope a car with that many miles on it can still get warmed up. Let's remember, he's a good one!

Besides that, what can a QB do, when the system he plays in is supposed to focus on HUGE running games? I mean has everybody forgotten the hype surrounding how many yards CP was going to get? Yeah so CP is hurt, why does Ladell look like he should still be playing in High School? Why can he only gain more than 10 yards on a swing-out pass play?

The reason this should be focused on WAY more than Brunell's play is because teams have no fear of our running attack. Their DB's trust the Linebackers and OL to clean up our shotty 2 yard efforts. If this is going to be the case, ole' man Brunell won't have a prayer. We haven't kept defenses guessing and it's because we have no running back. If you think Brunell is terrible, wait till J.C. puts it in to the arms of the other team 3 times a game. Especially against the DB's of the two teams we just played. :doh: :doh:

Run before pass. Brunell needs to sharpen up. Betts needs Wheaties. Hail. :logo:

Duckett looked like a 950 lb OX out there. Are you kidding me? Duckett this Duckett that. All they did to stop him was jump 4 bodies on his slow butt.

I want to keep Duckett. I think he's a great Red Zone back. But he cannot run an offense. Especially one that focuses on making the running back the focal point. Too slow, not enough agility. Saunders utilized Marshall Faulk and Priest Holmes. Quick, athletic, slippery backs. Duckett is good for us, but he definitley is not a premier explosive back .

Your first statement was ok, Brunell is a little rusty. How much does that play into him not hitting receivers or RB's. I think JC can be that rusty and move around the pocket and escape the pass rush if it's the O'Line. I just think Brunell has lost his mobility.

This is a quick, efficiency offense. And it's livelihood comes from a running game that is supposed to tire out and ravage defenses. There isn't supposed to be any running away from a consistant pass rush if you're the QB. Brunell is quite rusty, but I think it has to do with the stress-load that's being burdened upon him.

Duckett looked like a 950 lb OX out there. Are you kidding me? Duckett this Duckett that. All they did to stop him was jump 4 bodies on his slow butt.

I want to keep Duckett. I think he's a great Red Zone back. But he cannot run an offense. Especially one that focuses on making the running back the focal point. Too slow, not enough agility. Saunders utilized Marshall Faulk and Priest Holmes. Quick, athletic, slippery backs. Duckett is good for us, but he definitley is not a premier explosive back .

Duckett had 5 carries for 24 yards...4.8 yards per carry...PUT HIM IN THE GAME IDIOT!!!!

Last year, Gibbs kept a tight end or a running back into block. This year, Saunder's system is send out 3 receivers and two backs. Leaves only the 5 o-linemen to block. It's like watching Steve Superior's system and see how many hits the QB can take. At KC, Saunders had an outstanding line. This one is a little above average. Brunnel is not mobil enough. Change the blocking scheme to get more protection or change the quarterback.

Last year, Gibbs kept a tight end or a running back into block. This year, Saunder's system is send out 3 receivers and two backs. Leaves only the 5 o-linemen to block. It's like watching Steve Superior's system and see how many hits the QB can take. At KC, Saunders had an outstanding line. This one is a little above average. Brunnel is not mobil enough. Change the blocking scheme to get more protection or change the quarterback.

I think that's the understatement of the year. We have one of the most over rated o-lines in the NFL. I agree that 5 lineman will not do for MB. It was definitely evident against that 3-4.

Right now our running game has two things going against it.

1. The other team will continue to stack the box until Brunell proves he can beat them, especially deep.

2. It's a new offense with new running plays. That means new blocking schemes. Since we didn't work on these new running plays nearly enough in preseason, it's going to take our O-Line a few games to totally get used to them. Fortunately, our O-Line has not had any turnover so that should make the running game transition a little quicker for them and Portis than it will for Brunell and his new receivers in the passing game.

Archived