Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Not Brunell! It's Saunders (Unmagestic) Running Attack!

d0ublestr0ker0ll

It's called learning a new offense.

I thought the team would adjust to Saunders' system more quickly because it is related to Gibbs' system. However, from preseason and the first two games it's more different then I thought.

My guess is Saunders is trying to get the passing game nailed down first because it is harder to perfect then the running game. Add that to Brunell having to learn the new terminology and the O-line going to a zone blocking scheme and you have the reasons why the offense looks like crap.

There is going to be a point this season where the offense takes off. Hopefully, it starts this Sunday.

This thread is pathetic....I'm so sick and tired of all this negative s#!t.......lets get our key player back (portis), establish some type of running game and see how the team does...............................pathetic..........

Gosh, talk about negativity. Made this thread to create positivity, well at least towards MB #8.

Its just not that simple, skins fans. We need a big time running attack. Especially in this offense. It's not just the rust on Brunell's throws that is making our O incompetent. :doh:

Gosh, talk about negativity. Made this thread to create positivity, well at least towards MB #8.

Its just not that simple, skins fans. We need a big time running attack. Especially in this offense. It's not just the rust on Brunell's throws that is making our O incompetent. :doh:

The negativity came from yesterday and carried over to today. Some was warranted but a good bit of the bashing on Brunell was uncalled for. I read something Moss said either yesterday or today that he was frustrated by their zones (something like that) and when they did get open and Mark couldn't get them the ball because he was running for his life. I agree Brunell made some poor choices but before calling for his head it has to be seen that he can stay in the pocket all day and not just a three step drop and turn and run. Another thing is I don't think Cooley is breaking off his routes like he did last year and helping out the QB when the OL is clearly being dominated. Is it Gibbs or Saunder's job to make the brilliant halftime adjustments. Whoever's it is it's not happening. Bugel needs to kick these OL in their asses this week and the receivers need to create immediate separation from the DB's. Maybe that would help and I'm sure when Portis and Springs get back that will be a boost:cheers: But until they fix all of their problems including that inept DL pass rush let's not be so hasty and stick with the proven vet at QB rather than call for a rebuilding year after two games:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck They all suck but we're the only ones that haven't won a game:laugh: Oh well, peace

Archived