Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saunders reminded by Portis & Moss on Ultra Conservative Play Callings??

GibbssbbiG

Want to win the game?

Duckett off tackle 4 yards

Duckett off tackle 4 yards (1st down)

Deep to Moss 15 yards (1st down)

Duckett off tackle, Deep pass

AD INFINITUM

Wear down their D-line with a healthy dose or Mr. Duckett

Gotta score some touchdowns first!

Guest sith lord
My concerns:

The conservative (dink and dunk) play calling will cause us to lose this Dallas game.

How did Saunders call 3 WR screens to Moss all in 1 game (vs Vikings)?

Didn't Saunders say he never calls the same play twice until 4 games later?

doh.gifdoh.gif

Playing or not, Portis is better be standing on the sideline to remind Gibbs and Saunders about the ultra conservative play calling, and start calling aggressive plays early in the game.

Waiting for last minutes, being down by 2 or 3 TDs will not work this time as in (SEP 2005).

You hit the nail right on the head with that post. We need to go out there tonight and be aggresive. There's a place for dink and dunk, but there's also a place for bombs.

Want to win the game?

Duckett off tackle 4 yards (1st down)

Deep to Moss 15 yards (1st down)

Duckett off tackle, Deep pass

AD INFINITUM

Wear down their D-line with a healthy dose or Mr. Duckett

lol this isnt madden....

Don't be afraid to throw the ball downfield Al!!!

With the QB we have, it may be the only offense they can run. I just don't believe Mark Brunell is capable of throwing the deep ball with accuracy and velocity on a consistent basis. They seem to have to pick and choose when the go for a deep (20 yards or more) one.

Didn't we "dink and dunk" our way to a 35-7 win in the second Dallas game?...I don't seem to recall a lot of downfield bombs in that one...

To some degree yes. There was one deep one to Moss, who made a fantastic adjustment and made a diving catch on the goalline. But overall, Dallas had a really really bad game defensively. You can't rely on the dink and dunk offense week in and week out to beat most NFL defenses.

I remember last year and in 2004 where a lot of people kept making excuses for Gibbs and or Breaux with the playcalling. Always with the "his personnel limits what he can call" etc etc ad infinitum.

Yet, we were reminded CONSISTENTLY by players that the playcalling became a hindrance to winning football, be it Moss being the impetus for the Monday NIght Miracle (if he hadn't made a case for it, would they have ever called it?!) or Portis finally getting more running plays that he liked or the players having a meeting with Gibbs last year after a loss where we played not to lose (and lost.)

At some point, the "trust in Gibbs" mantra simply rings hollow. Sure, if we win a Bowl this year, it's going to be hard to argue the results. But if we don't, what then? At some point, the players have been shown to agree with us "layfans" about elements of the team's play and the coaching. It means that future skepticism regarding certain decisions is not unwarranted nor is it a sign of infidelity to the team or distrust in the overall leadership of the coaches.

At some point, the "trust in Gibbs" mantra simply rings hollow. Sure, if we win a Bowl this year, it's going to be hard to argue the results. But if we don't, what then? At some point, the players have been shown to agree with us "layfans" about elements of the team's play and the coaching. It means that future skepticism regarding certain decisions is not unwarranted nor is it a sign of infidelity to the team or distrust in the overall leadership of the coaches.

"At some point, the "trust in Gibbs" mantra simply rings hollow." There is probably alot of things that ring hollow to you.:rolleyes:"If we don't win a Super Bowl, then what?" Are you :insane:! What do we do if we don't win a SB this year just out of curiosity? I can't wait to hear your plan B. Please give a full explanation! I'm going to go get a beer and I can't wait to see what you would do in the after math of Gibbs failure to win a SB this year.

"At some point, the "trust in Gibbs" mantra simply rings hollow." There is probably alot of things that ring hollow to you.:rolleyes:"If we don't win a Super Bowl, then what?" Are you :insane:! What do we do if we don't win a SB this year just out of curiosity? I can't wait to hear your plan B. Please give a full explanation! I'm going to go get a beer and I can't wait to see what you would do in the after math of Gibbs failure to win a SB this year.

Maybe you don't get it. The point is that so often any criticism, even constructive is immediately dismissed simply because it comes from a fan in spite of much of that criticism being vindicated either by the players themselves or the results on the field.

It's not about getting rid of someone. It's about Gibbs II being a little different in his approach than his first run through. Perhaps it's the pressure to live up to expectations, maybe it's age, maybe it's merely he feels compelled to call conservatively because, while he won't say it publicly, he realizes the limitations of the current starting QB.

If we don't win it all, it will simply further illustrate the need for a change in the mentality not only of some of the coaches in certain respects (not some kind of total overhaul, just some changes in those 'critical moments') but ALSO a change in the mentality of some of the fans on the board.

You know, the kind who don't actually talk much football, rarely analyze anything with their mind but engage in endless boosterism and calling out of fellow fans for merely voicing an opinion that is not entirely sanguine in its perspective.

My concerns:

How did Saunders call 3 WR screens to Moss all in 1 game (vs Vikings)?

Didn't Saunders say he never calls the same play twice until 4 games later?

doh.gifdoh.gif

(SEP 2005).

YOu are absolutely right. I couldn;t imagine how he called the sme play 3 times. It was so obvious I knew it was coming. Anyway when i saw that screen pass for the second time, I somewhat remembered saunders saying that he won;t call the same play for at least 4 games. And I wondered what happened. Thanks for reminding me that he did actually say that. I sure hope to see better play calling today.

You know, the kind who don't actually talk much football, rarely analyze anything with their mind but engage in endless boosterism and calling out of fellow fans for merely voicing an opinion that is not entirely sanguine in its perspective.

I wish you would start talking football instead of trying to impress everybody with your vocabulary. All I got from your first post is that maybe fans ought to call in and do the play calling or we ought to leave it up to the players to call the plays. You just keep going in circles with your ASSUMPTIONS!

It's about Gibbs II being a little different in his approach than his first run through. Perhaps it's the pressure to live up to expectations, maybe it's age, maybe it's merely he feels compelled to call conservatively because, while he won't say it publicly, he realizes the limitations of the current starting QB.

He went out and got supposedly the best OC in the league! What else do you want him to do?

Yea, everybody is entitled to an opinion but second guessing Gibbs? If your going to give an opinion like this(conservative play calling) especially considering who you are second guessing, you should atleast support it with how you would do things differently in my opinion. Lets talk football! What is your solution? Pass more? Go ask Jerry Glanville how far that got him in the NFL and for how long.

I take this nonsense the wrong way, pardon me but I remeber the time he was gone and actually some of the time before he arrived the first time and he's not perfect but he is as close to perfection this team and most of the other teams have experienced from the coaching position. I consider myself to know football but I couldn't imagine having the nerve to second guess him to his face without having a proven plan of my own!

:cheers:

It's not portis's job to second quess the coaches anywhere....let alone on the sideline.

Portis keep your mouth shut and let your coaches call the plays. That goes for you too Moss.

All the sudden Portis and Moss are better coaches than Gibbs...:doh:

After 0-2, what do say now kool-aid drinking homer??

STFU.

Keep espousing { In Gibbs II We Trust }.

... "If we don't win a Super Bowl, then what?" Are you :insane:! What do we do if we don't win a SB this year just out of curiosity? I can't wait to hear your plan B. Please give a full explanation! I'm going to go get a beer and I can't wait to see what you would do in the after math of Gibbs failure to win a SB this year.

yeah, let me your ProBowler's championship opinion.

What will you do if Gibbs II does NOT win SB this year??

What do you do if the { Win It All Now by Throwing Away Draft Picks after Draft Picks } concept doesn't work??

Let me hear your opinion.

:munchout:

... He went out and got supposedly the best OC in the league! What else do you want him to do?

Yea, everybody is entitled to an opinion but second guessing Gibbs? If your going to give an opinion like this(conservative play calling) especially considering who you are second guessing, you should atleast support it with how you would do things differently in my opinion. Lets talk football! What is your solution? Pass more? ...

Calling all pass plays all the time is a very simpleton observation.

The playcalling from Saunders MUST be UNPREDICTABLE. :doh:

How many times did Saunders call his famous multiple motions and shifts during yesterday Dallas game?

2 times out of 59 plays??

It seems that Saunders was calling MORE multiple motions and shifts formation in the Vikings game. Why is that? :doh:

Are we paying the price for choosing to be 2% Vanilla in the Pre-Season??

Go check the standing. We are 0-2.

What a dandy 2% Vanilla in the Pre-Season strategy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We are testing Saunders system with this set of Skins players in the regular season. Very wise move!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

At this point, yeah Portis and Moss are better coaches than Gibbs :rolleyes:

Be wise.

Stop this simpleton black or white thinking.

Portis and Moss are not coaching better than Gibbs II.

From time to time, all coaches have to be reminded by any player who are running the plays in the field on what will work and what will not.

The players are seeing the game from different perspective.

It is always easier to see a better solution if you are the 3rd party.

You don't have to cope with the pressure as the 3rd party, thus you can solve the problem better.

We are hoping Gibbs II is always super smart enough to take the feedback from the 3rd party.

Maybe you don't get it. The point is that so often any criticism, even constructive is immediately dismissed simply because it comes from a fan in spite of much of that criticism being vindicated either by the players themselves or the results on the field.

It's not about getting rid of someone. It's about Gibbs II being a little different in his approach than his first run through. Perhaps it's the pressure to live up to expectations, ...

... but ALSO a change in the mentality of some of the fans on the board.

:thumbsup: Absolutely NAIL it 100% posting!! :thumbsup:

Archived