Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins = starter?!?!

tritx3

I thought this was really funny...

and who is Mike Mayock... haha, comedian!

"Should Washington struggle this week against Dallas, the pressure will fall squarely on the shoulders of Mark Brunell; expect Joe Gibbs to have a quick hook. The Redskins have a legitimate playoff team and should, given all the money they spent in the offseason. More importantly, backup QB Todd Collins has experience in Al Saunders' system so he would make a smooth transition if and when he's called upon."

click here

He really doesn't seem to know anything about Gibbs' loyalty to his guys. He also apparently didn't watch the Vikings game or see Collins play against Cinci in the preseason...

And you dont happen to remember what Gibbs did to Patrick during the Bears game when Patrick could go in, and stuck with Brunell for the rest of the season.

A quick hook in favor of Todd Collins? I think Brunell would have to throw five picks and retire at midfield before Gibbs would even consider putting Collins in. Brunell beat the Cowboys twice last year -- he's not getting the hook at all.

I agree completely with that. Collins also didnt impress me at all durring pre-season, ya ya I know my saying "pre-season is like banging a hooker, sure you technically score but who are you gonna brag to about it" but still he didnt show the athletic ability to be a usurper at the position. I think his greatest contribution to this team is his mind and his knowledge of the system. This should keep him on our team untill he decides to retire, and the benefits to Campbell from him will be tremendous.

Doesn't a starter have to: A) Take a snap from center without dropping it 50% of the time and B) Run a screen pass without hitting a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN square in the chest with it (who happened to be less than three yards away) ????

Todd Collins ?

I'm a Michigan fan but you have to be kidding me. I'm really happy he has the playbook memorized. There are plenty of folks at M.I.T. who could do that in about 4 hours. And they would also look very similar to #15 should they try to take snaps I'm afraid.......

g-prime...........that randy rhoads in that picture ? is if my old memory serves me correctly. saw him with oz in fayetteville n.c. back in 80 something. we got close to the stage and he was the best i have ever seen, and thats takes in quite a few. my ears rang for 3 days. go skins

Archived