Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sinking SportsTalk 980 ship hits new low...

Larry Brown #43

Czaban is not objective at all. He's anti-Redskin ALL THE TIME. In his eyes, they can do no right. How is that objective?

I am as big a Redskin fan as you can find and I complain and criticize them as much as Czaban does...doesn't mean I love them any less. Guess we are the glass is half empty crowd.

Ever think that the show is set up so Czaban is the negative guy so he and Poolin can argue over things? Poeple love conflict you know.

Dan

I am as big a Redskin fan as you can find and I complain and criticize them as much as Czaban does...doesn't mean I love them any less. Guess we are the glass is half empty crowd.

Ever think that the show is set up so Czaban is the negative guy so he and Poolin can argue over things? Poeple love conflict you know.

Dan

That might work if Pollin actually grew **** and challenged Czaban on his Redskin-bashing once in a while.

I used to think Czabe was just playing the devil's advocate, too, but once he pulled the race card out of thin air (using it as a "possible" explanation to why Jason Campbell was named the starter with a week's prep and NOT the reliever in-game), I became convinced that he's just trying to make waves. I LOL in my car this morning, too, when I heard what a previous poster said..when he accused someone else of "stirring the pot". I literally yelled at my radio, "Now THAT'S the pot calling the kettle black!" *lol*

He was also very heavily arguing with Andy today about the Cowboy's game last night, claiming that they dominated the game and if it weren't for some bogus calls, they would've won. Meanwhile, the only point Andy was trying to make was that the preseason is not a good indicator of what happens in the regular season. But Czabe kept waving the "Cowboys got screwed a couple of times" banner. Somehow, I have a feeling he'd be ridiculing any Skins' fan that called in with that kind of complaint after a Skins' game. Just a wild guess there...

He was also very heavily arguing with Andy today about the Cowboy's game last night, claiming that they dominated the game and if it weren't for some bogus calls, they would've won. Meanwhile, the only point Andy was trying to make was that the preseason is not a good indicator of what happens in the regular season. But Czabe kept waving the "Cowboys got screwed a couple of times" banner. Somehow, I have a feeling he'd be ridiculing any Skins' fan that called in with that kind of complaint after a Skins' game. Just a wild guess there...

As I was saying...don't you think the show is scripted that way to cause conflict between the hosts? I like that approach...gives you 2 points of views and the bonus of two guys pounding on each other.

Dan

As I was saying...don't you think the show is scripted that way to cause conflict between the hosts? I like that approach...gives you 2 points of views and the bonus of two guys pounding on each other.

Dan

If they were arguing about the same thing, I could see that. But Czabe wasn't disagreeing with Andy and having a debate about the same issue...THAT would be playing devil's advocate and showing more than one viewpoint, which I agree is healthy and good material for a radio show. But, for them to be trading ideas on one issue, then for Czabe to all of a sudden go off on a spirited and emotional rant...and usually an unnecessarily drawn out and repetitive one...that's not encouraging debate. It's using the time and space to piss and moan about whatever your particular gripe is, no matter how off topic, strange, or disinteresting to the general public it may be. I can't see them scripting THAT...unless they're TRYING to turn their listeners off. :2cents:

Dan

Exactly, which is why you can't really say Czaban is objective since he's always trying to stir the pot. Having said that, I like Czaban enough to tune him in once in a while, but I hardly listen to 980 any more. I'll take Triple X and the ESPN personalities over what 980 has to offer. Sometimes I like to actually hear sports information and not just rambling.

I used to listen to the JT show all the time, and really like him, but Al Koken is so bad I just can't tolerate it any more now that there's legitimate competition from DP and Riggo. I love Riggo's show, though his side kicks can be irritating at times.

Hail,

H

Now why would a local sports talk radio station be anti skins? They may take a neutral stance but it would be suicide to be openly anti skins wouldn't it?

Not really, based on the amount of fans who think they're "realistic" or "telling it like it is."

They'll flip-flop soon enough, just like last season, and act as if they never said a bad word about the team.

Who needs 'em...

You do realize that he says stupid things because he is a whore for ratings. It’s his livelihood and since he doesn’t have anything very interesting to say AND his Homer Simpson shtick is getting really old, he says things that rile the fans. They do things like this to gauge listener-ship. The fact that you are talking about a certain segment tells them that you were listening at that time. He might say really something stupid on a weekday morning at 6:00 AM to find out if people are listening to their show at that hour.

If you really don’t like him then just stop listening. Either that or stop talking about it because you are helping his cause.

Oh and if anybody sees him—pluck out the remaining 14 hairs he has left on his shiny bald head. :laugh:

I love 980. Czaben and Pollin are that weird duo where the sum of their parts are way better than when they go solo. It's always fascinated me that people cant stand Czabe because he isn't a cheerleader of the organization, a la that clown Larry Michael. Having said that I totally agree that sometimes he takes it too far. But to say he's not a fan is just being plain stupid. He loves the Redskins, there's no way he could talk with that kind of passion about a team and not love them.

Bingo they are not anti skins, Andy is one of the biggest homers there are out there. Steve talks crazy but he is a fan. He just does not like all the moves that Danny does, who does?

That's my sentiment on them. Steve and Andy can get on my nerves sometimes, but I think they make up stuff just for the sake of the show. And Triple X isn't any better, all they have is old people from 980. LOL

i haven't liked czaban for a long time. time and time again i have heard him act like he was the trueth bearer and the rest of us are the great unwashed. his degree doesn't impress me. also he is an an exstremist, what ever view is most exstreme he will take it.he does have an attitude against the skins at the very least. i'm glad i'm not forced to listen to them anymore.arrogance that's it, arrogance. well that's enough time wasted on this subject... next ?

Archived