Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sinking SportsTalk 980 ship hits new low...

Larry Brown #43

First off, I must apologize...I was listening to Sportstalk 980 briefly today. They were talking Skins, and to be honest, I'm just not a fan of Colin Cowherd's show on ESPN Radio.

Anyway, Andy Pollin and Steve Czaban are talking to their "beat reporter" Jerry Coleman today about the team's injuries. When they get to Renaldo Wynn, Coleman remarks that Wynn's absence tonight might mean that we'll see more of JOE SYKES. No lie. Now, while I don't pretend to be a team "beat reporter," I do know that Joe Sykes did not make the team this year. :doh:

Of course, Coleman's contribution followed Czaban's regular thrashing of the organization. It's gotten to the point with Czaban where his entire schtick is based on trying to shred the Skins and our hall-of-fame coach. He's not even objective about it. I honestly know Cowboy fans who give the Skins more respect than this jerk. We're coming off a 10-6 record and a playoff victory, yet he acts like we're the friggin' Titanic. Where was he during the Norv and Spurrier years? And then Pollin just sits there and giggles along, because he doesn't know or care enough to challenge anybody.

Eff them. Seriously, just eff 'em. :puke:

I actually like Czaban and Pollin.... they're realistic... and at least they're fans. now Coleman, on the other hand, is a Baltimore native who used to rip the Skins on 98 Rock.... annoying that they would have hired someone like that to cover the team....

If you think Czaban is a fan, then he's got you fooled. He's not realistic or objective. He has a vendetta against the organization ever since they stopped letting him interview Coach Gibbs on the Joe Gibbs Show a couple years back. His vendetta is so transparent it's disgusting. He may have grown up a Skins fan, but when was the last time he said a positive word about the organization or about Coach Gibbs? I'm not saying he has to be all-positive all-the-time, but come on, they way he talks you'd think we were the 49ers or the Browns.

XXX ESPN all the way! I don't even listen to 980 anymore.

Brian Mitchell was a hell of a player and may even be a decent guy but, he doesn't have the verbal and intellectual tools to carry an entire radio show. Sorry Dude, just because they let you do it doesn't mean you should.

I can totally understand why Skins fans may not like Czabe... but there is no doubt in my mind he is a true fan...

They don't like him because he is objective about the Skins and is not a homer. Most fans want total homers that sugar coat and give excuses for everything that goes wrong. I like both Czabe and Brian Mitchell...and maybe Riggins if he doesn't prove to be Snyder's propaganda boy.

Dan

I actually like Czaban and Pollin.... they're realistic... and at least they're fans. now Coleman, on the other hand, is a Baltimore native who used to rip the Skins on 98 Rock.... annoying that they would have hired someone like that to cover the team....

Czaban is NOT a fan, IMO. I dont hear anything that would even resemble a fan. Pollin, I believe, is actually a fan but he doesnt attempt to even stand up for the team. IMO, this is why Bram left. He is a fan and stood up to Czaban when no one else would. As for Mitchell, he has not gotten over being let go and takes every opportunity to speak negatively of the organization. Finally, let 980 sink! They are off my preset. HTTR!

They don't like him because he is objective about the Skins and is not a homer. Most fans want total homers that sugar coat and give excuses for everything that goes wrong. I like both Czabe and Brian Mitchell...and maybe Riggins if he doesn't prove to be Snyder's propaganda boy.

Dan

Objective about the skins? Not sure if that is the best way to describe the 980 philosophy these days.

Exactly. Last I checked, guys from the practice squad can't suit up. Good reporting from the beat reporter.

Not an argument about Czaben, but in the sake of full disclosure, a guy on the practice squad can suit up if he's been promoted to the roster. It means we would have to cut someone to make room for him, and then eventually cut Sykes and hope he passes waivers if we want him to be back on the squad.

First off, I must apologize...I was listening to Sportstalk 980 briefly today. They were talking Skins, and to be honest, I'm just not a fan of Colin Cowherd's show on ESPN Radio.

Anyway, Andy Pollin and Steve Czaban are talking to their "beat reporter" Jerry Coleman today about the team's injuries. When they get to Renaldo Wynn, Coleman remarks that Wynn's absence tonight might mean that we'll see more of JOE SYKES. No lie. Now, while I don't pretend to be a team "beat reporter," I do know that Joe Sykes did not make the team this year. :doh:

Of course, Coleman's contribution followed Czaban's regular thrashing of the organization. It's gotten to the point with Czaban where his entire schtick is based on trying to shred the Skins and our hall-of-fame coach. He's not even objective about it. I honestly know Cowboy fans who give the Skins more respect than this jerk. We're coming off a 10-6 record and a playoff victory, yet he acts like we're the friggin' Titanic. Where was he during the Norv and Spurrier years? And then Pollin just sits there and giggles along, because he doesn't know or care enough to challenge anybody.

Eff them. Seriously, just eff 'em. :puke:

Steve did say the skins would go 12-4 this year :)

Turn them off if you do not like it. I still think it is better then the XXX programming as of now and that is including the Riggins show. I like John but he is always talking out of his ***** and is so wrong on everything it is hard to listen too. The other guys have to always correct him.

Objective about the skins? Not sure if that is the best way to describe the 980 philosophy these days.

Now why would a local sports talk radio station be anti skins? They may take a neutral stance but it would be suicide to be openly anti skins wouldn't it?

Dan

Did anyone catch Czaben discounting an article by Randy Galloway ripping the Cowboys because he says that Galloway is a muck-raker? "He just likes to stir it up" was his quote. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is. He then went on for the next hour talking about a rift between Clinton Portis and Joe Gibbs because they are reporting his injury differently.

And to the people trying to claim he is being objective, I'm sorry but he is far from objective. I used to think that he was just trying to play devil's advocate on most things but then realized that he was serious with most of the conspiracy crap that he spews.

Now why would a local sports talk radio station be anti skins? They may take a neutral stance but it would be suicide to be openly anti skins wouldn't it?

Dan

Bingo they are not anti skins, Andy is one of the biggest homers there are out there. Steve talks crazy but he is a fan. He just does not like all the moves that Danny does, who does?

And to the people trying to claim he is being objective, I'm sorry but he is far from objective. I used to think that he was just trying to play devil's advocate on most things but then realized that he was serious with most of the conspiracy crap that he spews.

Your looking through homer glasses and taking what he says too seriously...of course he likes to stir things up a bit.... its entertainment....makes for good discussion/debate. It would be boring if all we have to here is how everything is perfect in Redskin land all of the time when you know darn well it isn't.

Dan

Not an argument about Czaben, but in the sake of full disclosure, a guy on the practice squad can suit up if he's been promoted to the roster. It means we would have to cut someone to make room for him, and then eventually cut Sykes and hope he passes waivers if we want him to be back on the squad.

So Coleman is breaking the news that Sykes will be elevated from the practice squad in time to play tonight. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. My point is I don't think Coleman even realized Sykes wasn't on the active roster.

Your looking through homer glasses and taking what he says too seriously...of course he likes to stir things up a bit.... its entertainment....makes for good discussion/debate. It would be boring if all we have to here is how everything is perfect in Redskin land all of the time when you know darn well it isn't.

Dan

I don't mind objectivity. Doc Walker is plenty objective. He picked the Eagles to win the division. But I at least respect his opinions. Czaban is not objective at all. He's anti-Redskin ALL THE TIME. In his eyes, they can do no right. How is that objective?

Archived