Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Gibbs announce how much Portis will play

cscmtp

Portis will play vs Betts before kickoff tomorrow night? I can't recall in the past if we've had a situation like this that Gibbs would update the media right before the game. Assuming Portis says he's at 100% by kickoff, wouldn't he become the starter?

I was discussing Portis injury with another physician tonight who works with James Andrews, and Dr Andrews thought Portis' injury was serious enough to keep him out for the season, so we need to be very careful about bringing him back too quickly. Things are not as they seem.

I was discussing Portis injury with another physician tonight who works with James Andrews, and Dr Andrews thought Portis' injury was serious enough to keep him out for the season, so we need to be very careful about bringing him back too quickly. Things are not as they seem.
\

Scary to hear. One big hit could put him out. Ill be praying.

That does not sound good...

I hope the guy will hold up.

Yeah, I don't really buy the whole season thing either. He's been out for 5 weeks and I've seen video of him with what appears to be a full range of motion with the shoulder. If his injury were serious enough to put him on the shelf for the season, he wouldn't have that and he probably would have already had surgery.

Also, the nature of the injury is such that he has to repeat the same trauma to reinjure it. So, getting hit on the shoulder shouldn't do it.

I'm going to call Bull ***t on that.

I can't think of any reason at all that Coach Gibbs wouldn't want to tip his hand as to who will and won't be on the field and how often our best RB will be on the field before kickoff... ;-) Just busting your... well you know the rest.

I wouldn't be holding my breath on finding out how much Portis will be on the field tomorrow night. I'm surprised that he's been so open about the fact that Portis is playing at all..... Then again, it would've been real nice for the Vikings if they'd have absolutely known for a fact that Portis wouldn't play.... Hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder.

Yeah, I don't really buy the whole season thing either. He's been out for 5 weeks and I've seen video of him with what appears to be a full range of motion with the shoulder. If his injury were serious enough to put him on the shelf for the season, he wouldn't have that and he probably would have already had surgery.

Also, the nature of the injury is such that he has to repeat the same trauma to reinjure it. So, getting hit on the shoulder shouldn't do it.

and then instead of missing probally 1 week he'd be missing 9 or 10 weeks.

james andrews is employed by the skins.. i doubt he says it is season endign and he will allow portis to play.

James Andrews isn't employed by the skins. He is their expert consultant and has many millions of dollars from his health south veture and is one of the top orthopods in the country, so he isn't swayed by anyone, including dan snyders money.

James Andrews isn't employed by the skins. He is their expert consultant and has many millions of dollars from his health south veture and is one of the top orthopods in the country, so he isn't swayed by anyone, including dan snyders money.

thats what im trying to say.. if andrews thinks its season ending, the skins would take a different approarch

thats what im trying to say.. if andrews thinks its season ending, the skins would take a different approarch

Dude, I am sorry you really have no idea what I am talking about. Basically, there are many ways to approach an injury; you can rehab it then operate if it doesn't respond, operate immediately, or allow it to linger as a chronic problem and deal with it in the offseason. For now the skins are rehabing it and Portis appears to be doing very well, but we need to be less nonchalent about his injury and allow Portis to truly recover and be 100%. Putting him back in too early could be detrimental to the season. Duckett was obviously an insurance policy. All that being said, I think Portis will be ready to tear it up next week, but we definitely need to be cautious about it.

Its true if he dislocates it completely then he will have to have surgery which will force him out. You can not just tape up a dislocation to heal :doh:

The fact he has already had a partial dislocation gives him greater odds of making it worlse.

Injured my shoulder 5 years ago and it still bothers me at times to this day. Bottom line...shoulder injuries are nagging injuries that can take a very long time to heal.

With all due respect, you were thirty-two, probably aren't a mesomorph, and were not being treated by Bubba Tyer and his staff. I had Portis's injury five years ago, too, when I was seventeen, and I'm fine now. I'm 5'8" and 160, so I'm not exactly built like an NFL All-Pro, you know what I mean?

I call BS on what that doctor said. By that logic ANY injury can be season-ending, which is about as true as saying that any kind of cut can get a staph infection resulting in death. Yes, it's true, but come on.

This is Dr. Client priveledge and under Hipaa rules of privacy is extremely illegal. Somehow I doubt this ever happened.

Archived