Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Mort gives the Skins and Sean Taylor props!

21KillzCowboys

Starting Clinton Portis against the Vikings?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Starting Clinton Portis against the Vikings?

• Yes Clinton is my dog and I am running with him.
    • No I need production even if it means rolling the dice on a lesser man
    • I do not know but I am leaning on starting him
    • I do not know but I am leaning on sitting him

I love what he says about Sean!

Kevin (Manassas): Hey Mort, What are your thoughts on the Redskins. I know they had a bad pre-season, but you have to trust Gibbs, and Saunders when they say we have not seen the real Redskins right?

Chris Mortensen: (11:08 AM ET ) I have to believe that what we saw in preseason was not the real Redskins. I'm thinking we're back to thse old Joe Gibbs days where they sandbagged a lot. Right now, they get the benefit of doubt from me.

---------

Jeremy, nYc: Mort: If you had to pick three defensive players (D-line, LB, Secondary) to build a team around, who would you choose???

Chris Mortensen: (11:57 AM ET ) Love the question. I'd probably say Julius Peppers, Brian Urlacher and (surprise!) Sean Taylor of the Redskins. I would have said Ray Lewis but I want to see him healthy this year. Taylor is the most physically gifted defender in the NFL, a real freak. But this is obviously all debatable.

It's kind of the like the TO thing(Although I am NOT comparing ST to TO!!!). Despite some people thinking down on him because of outside issues, nobody can deny his insane talent.

I think TO is overrated. Heck he has never had a season where he

carried a whole team like S. Moss did last year.

;)

I love what he says about Sean!

Kevin (Manassas): Hey Mort, What are your thoughts on the Redskins. I know they had a bad pre-season, but you have to trust Gibbs, and Saunders when they say we have not seen the real Redskins right?

Chris Mortensen: (11:08 AM ET ) I have to believe that what we saw in preseason was not the real Redskins. I'm thinking we're back to thse old Joe Gibbs days where they sandbagged a lot. Right now, they get the benefit of doubt from me.

---------

Jeremy, nYc: Mort: If you had to pick three defensive players (D-line, LB, Secondary) to build a team around, who would you choose???

Chris Mortensen: (11:57 AM ET ) Love the question. I'd probably say Julius Peppers, Brian Urlacher and (surprise!) Sean Taylor of the Redskins. I would have said Ray Lewis but I want to see him healthy this year. Taylor is the most physically gifted defender in the NFL, a real freak. But this is obviously all debatable.

Mort is the smartest sporst writer there ever was. everybody else sucks. it warms my heart to read he says that. so mort is off the shiet list. ;)

;)

Mort is the smartest sporst writer there ever was. everybody else sucks. it warms my heart to read he says that. so mort is off the shiet list. ;)

You Redskin fans are such homers. Why are you Redskin fans such homers? Can't you see that you're such big homers? Just admit you're such big homers already. ;)

Exhibit A: The scorching we took from the Bucs in the game that Taylor didn't play.

Exhibit B: The beating we put on the Bucs when Taylor was in the playoff game.

For being the best receiver in the league, T.O. sure has lousy hands. Damn is he a strong WR, though.

Man, I'm so conflicted. I like to hear when people give us love, but I get nervous. But when they crap on us, I get angry. I have problems...

I'm like that myself I tend to like the no respect thing a little better though. Because it just makes it sweet when the team does better than what the so call experts predict and they are sitting around with dumb looks on their face try to back track on their predictions.

I think TO is overrated. Heck he has never had a season where he

carried a whole team like S. Moss did last year.

I hate (let me repated) HATE to credit Owens or the Eagles, but 1,200 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns before he got hurt in 2004 is strong case for carrying a team.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Taylor is a freak and Gibbs is laughing with Saunders and Williams about how he pulled the wool over most of the sports "analysts"

Man, I'm so conflicted. I like to hear when people give us love, but I get nervous. But when they crap on us, I get angry. I have problems...

Every team in our division is being predicted to finish in each of the four possible places in the divisional standings. Don't sweat it.

Physically, Taylor IS a freak. But he's not a truly great safety yet. I want to see a smarter Sean Taylor this year. I want to see a Sean Taylor that makes good reads, doesn't bite on EVERY play fake, and doesn't get caught (sorry) out of position.

Taylor is a ridiculous (in a good way) athlete. That makes up for a lot of his mental errors. If he's not making those mental errors to start with, he'll be beyond great.

Physically, Taylor IS a freak. But he's not a truly great safety yet. I want to see a smarter Sean Taylor this year. I want to see a Sean Taylor that makes good reads, doesn't bite on EVERY play fake, and doesn't get caught (sorry) out of position.

Nobody is perfect, Sean is close, but he is not perfect. ;)

Archived