Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vikings fan here, just wanted to say...

KWilliamsAWinfield

Dude, don't sell your team short. I expect the Vikes to be VERY competitive this year. I hope you're right about the score but I seriously doubt it. Slow starter that Brunell is, I expect a tight game. Home field advantage and the first regular season Monday Night game on ESPN will be a big deal to us and, hopefully, the home crowd be be too much for Minny to overcome.

I would be very happy if the Vikings are competitive this year :)

I'm banking on the fact there there will be a slow learning curve with the new offense. If not we can be in for a dog fight, like the one against the Bears last year.

Who's new offense, theirs or ours? I expect there will be a learning curve for both. It probably will be a defensive battle, most of our early games will be I think. I don't expect this offense to fully come to life until the second half of the season.

No doubt, I agree with that. They may be suspect at the skill positions but I believe they have the makings of an excellent defense and Brad Johnson's a cagey vet. I wouldn't even begin to put that one in the bag.

I don't know, defensive line is definitely the strongest part of their team. Maybe not D-line as a whole (we probably have more depth) but their starting DTs are second to none. They do have a nasty d-line.

Who is your starters on the Defensive line?

Welcome Vikes' fan!

I think your Meathead comment is about the most telling. The Vikings have been SO undisciplined under Tice, that just a change in coaching could be a huge improvement.

I think we'll win, but with another game like the opener versus Chicago last year, maybe 14-10.

Who's new offense, theirs or ours? I expect there will be a learning curve for both. It probably will be a defensive battle, most of our early games will be I think. I don't expect this offense to fully come to life until the second half of the season.

nah, i meant a learning curve for them, given the fact that we may still be going through a learning curve of our own. Thats why it could very well be a close low scoring game similar to the home opener against the Bears last year. Possibly a score of 13-10, Skins win of course ;)

Who is your starters on the Defensive line?

Daniels and Carter at end (I think that's probably a better combo than the vikes), Griffin and Salave'a at DT. Now, Griffin is on par with Pat and Kevin Williams but, as much as I love Salave'a, he's not there. You guys have 2 legitimate All-Pros at DT. Overall, it's probably a wash, they're both strong lines. Like I said though, your DT situation is just sick nasty. BTW, good luck to you as well on Sep 11 :cheers: Can hardly wait.

thanks...

but don't sleep on Brad...he is one of the few QB's we let go that I actually liked...

He is going to make them the surprise of the NFC this year.

Did you see how good he was leading them when Culpepper went down? They will be in Wild Card contention come year's end.

Archived