Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins

tonyriggins

I hope this kid gets a fair shot and has a good game to shut up all this crap talk about Collins sucks and should be cut. If he is the worst QB on the team then I agree he should be gone. But you need more than 4 or 5 series to decide that. I was disappointed in Collins play too! Brunell's play did not suprize me and if he had a good game it wouldnt suprize me, thats want he is inconsistant. So many people want to hang his poor play on injuries. Alot of people dont know this even though I said it and atleast one other guy, Brunell play as bad as Collins. they both had a qb rating of 30! Todd was play with our backup players against Cinny's starting D. By the time Campbell got in the Bengals had thier backups in. I think that Todd Collins is the best in this offense this year. Now thats crazy for me to say that and its not that I think he is that great, its more like I think were that bad as a team at the quarterback! If you are not a Joe Gibbs QB it doenst seem like you are going to get a fair shake in this town. Saunders wanted to leave the 1st string in after Brunell came out. Gibbs overruled, seems alittle bit suspicouis.

I hope this kid gets a fair shot and has a good game to shut up all this crap talk about Collins sucks and should be cut. If he is the worst QB on the team then I agree he should be gone. But you need more than 4 or 5 series to decide that. I was disappointed in Collins play too! Brunell's play did not suprize me and if he had a good game it wouldnt suprize me, thats want he is inconsistant. So many people want to hang his poor play on injuries. Alot of people dont know this even though I said it and atleast one other guy, Brunell play as bad as Collins. they both had a qb rating of 30! Todd was play with our backup players against Cinny's starting D. By the time Campbell got in the Bengals had thier backups in. I think that Todd Collins is the best in this offense this year. Now thats crazy for me to say that and its not that I think he is that great, its more like I think were that bad as a team at the quarterback! If you are not a Joe Gibbs QB it doenst seem like you are going to get a fair shake in this town. Saunders wanted to leave the 1st string in after Brunell came out. Gibbs overruled, seems alittle bit suspicouis.

Here is the issue Collins will NEVER start in the NFL. He is nothing than an emergency backup at best. He has been in the league for a while. So why not put in Campbell 2nd...Collins has no upside :2cents:

I think Collins brings a lot more as a 3rd string QB than lots of NFL back ups of back ups.

First of all, I'm not entirely sold yet that he's a total bum. He looked terrible last week, but it was one miserable preseason game and the protection was subpar (when he had a chance to throw he did it well). Still no excuse for that pick he threw to a DT, but I'm willing to give him another chance.

Second, assuming (correctly) that JC wins the 2nd spot, why do we need an all star third string QB? If both our starters are injured than it's likely we won't make the postseason anyways.

Players cost money and we cannot have 3 pro bowl quarterbacks on one team. Collins might not be a superstar, but he doesn't need to be.

Finally, Collins knowledge of the system is an added bonus to having him on the roster. He understands the language and has watched it operate (with enormous success) for much of his unimpressive career. Most teams don't get or want anything out of their third receivers, we at least have an additional semi-coach.

Look, Collins had been in the league for years, and has started all of like 15 games. He has been a career back up and has been for a reason. He is rusty, old, and unskilled. He has never proven himself beacuse he hasn't had to and never will. He came in with Saunders because of his knowledge of the package and the necessity for an experienced backup. I honestly think Campbell should be #2 and should get his experience in, cuz thjats what he needs. We have to develop him if he's goin gto be the fufture of our team, and not rest on our laurels while the most critical issue in our program for years continues to dominate our performance.

I agree with you Campbell should be our #2 and brought in as soon as he is ready, but until then my gut feeling is that Collins is better than Brunell. No Todd is not a good quarterback, but he is proabley the best thing we have on our team until Jason is ready.

Todd Collins is the worst QB I have ever seen. he is mr.play it safe and he still throws picks. whats is it going to hurt to throw #5 in there and show everyone that he is better than collins then you can send that washed up never has been arm down the road

That is a good question sparkosaurus. I asked the same thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewU

well last night he decided when the OL came out, even though saunders wanted to see more of them

How do you know that TheNewU? I find that very disturbing if true.

Todd Collins is the worst QB I have ever seen. he is mr.play it safe and he still throws picks. whats is it going to hurt to throw #5 in there and show everyone that he is better than collins then you can send that washed up never has been arm down the road

How often have you seen him play? He played really well yesterday, and I'm not sure if our receiver couldn't of batted that pick down if he put any extra effort into it.

Archived