Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins

tonyriggins

I hope this kid gets a fair shot and has a good game to shut up all this crap talk about Collins sucks and should be cut. If he is the worst QB on the team then I agree he should be gone. But you need more than 4 or 5 series to decide that. I was disappointed in Collins play too! Brunell's play did not suprize me and if he had a good game it wouldnt suprize me, thats want he is inconsistant. So many people want to hang his poor play on injuries. Alot of people dont know this even though I said it and atleast one other guy, Brunell play as bad as Collins. they both had a qb rating of 30! Todd was play with our backup players against Cinny's starting D. By the time Campbell got in the Bengals had thier backups in. I think that Todd Collins is the best in this offense this year. Now thats crazy for me to say that and its not that I think he is that great, its more like I think were that bad as a team at the quarterback! If you are not a Joe Gibbs QB it doenst seem like you are going to get a fair shake in this town. Saunders wanted to leave the 1st string in after Brunell came out. Gibbs overruled, seems alittle bit suspicouis.

I had no clue Todd Collins was on Extream Skins under the name TonyRiggins. Just in case you could not hear me at the game...HEY TODD, YOU STINK!!!!!!!!!

Regardless of whether you like Collins or not, let's face the fact that we put a lot of our eggs in a basket with Campbell. And to be honest, from what I've seen I believe that he has a lot of potential. The truth is that Collins has been in the league for years and has never been a 1st stringer. Campbell's on his 2nd year and will be 1st string soon.

I don't know why anyone was excited about signing Collins or expects anything from Collins. He's 33 and has a lifetime QB rating of 70. He is what he is.

If Brunell goes down, he can probably go 2-2 over a 4-game stretch. But, he's never going to be a good QB who wins big games.

Collins is a short-term stop-gap at best. He's looked like that in the pre-season.

So...what's the issue again?

(By the way, in what way is Collins a "kid?" I'm in my 30s....and he's older than I am).

I agree with you Campbell should be our #2 and brought in as soon as he is ready, but until then my gut feeling is that Collins is better than Brunell. No Todd is not a good quarterback, but he is proabley the best thing we have on our team until Jason is ready.

You kidding, right? Joan Collins is better than Brunell? Perhaps she looks better, but no way can she throw better most the time. She has no mobility either. BIG DEAL, (s)HE knows the offense. Threw another pick on Saturday. There's a reason the QB hasn't started in 8 years...it's not like the 'Skins got in a bidding war for his services...they were bidding against themselves most likely.

And yes, I refer to him a JOAN COLLINS. Just like the TV show Dynasty, Mr. Collins should go off the air and go into syndication reruns. For all his knowledge of the offense, I'm not impressed yet. Yep, if he proves me wrong, then I'll recant. But until then, you go GIRL!

FS

I am not saying that Todd Collins is a good QB, I am just saying right now he is the best option we got. Which means we suck at that position. I am not knocking Campbell, he could be ready for the starting job by the season opener. But Brunell never has been the best QB on this team! Truth is any vet qb that was brought in was going to challege BRunell, well not really because Gibbs is going to start Mark no matter what! Oh check out our QB stats http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/WAS How is this possible? This is a fluke right? Brunell will be the top rated after 2 more preseason games, there is noway this little 3rd stringer is going to walk in here and out perform Brunell.

I am not saying that Todd Collins is a good QB, I am just saying right now he is the best option we got. Which means we suck at that position. I am not knocking Campbell, he could be ready for the starting job by the season opener. But Brunell never has been the best QB on this team! Truth is any vet qb that was brought in was going to challege BRunell, well not really because Gibbs is going to start Mark no matter what! Oh check out our QB stats http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/WAS How is this possible? This is a fluke right? Brunell will be the top rated after 2 more preseason games, there is noway this little 3rd stringer is going to walk in here and out perform Brunell.

I'm on record as stating that Campbell should be the starter this year. I think Brunell is an average at best QB at this point and is only going to decompose as the season progresses. However, on his worst day, he's more of a threat than Todd Collins. Collins was brought in because he knows the offense. Basically, he's Shane Matthews - except there are viable options around him.

If the team is in such desperate shape that Collins needs to start, the season is lost and they might as well give the reigns to the young guy.

To be honest I WAS, I repeat, was happy the Skins signed Collins as backup. I was naive to think just because he knew the offense inside and out, that it would translate into good things on the field. Well, I was wrong. He looked scared and had no confidence in himself. He has, what I like to call, the Fairy factor. He looked like a complete fairy and every time he got rushed he threw the ball like a fairy, ran like a fairy, etc. Yes he looked better the second game, but that was against 3rd stringers on a team that can't even begin to compare with the Bengals. I used to think Collins would be that steady hand to keep the Skins afloat if Brunell went down, but I have totally changed my mind. He would be the type of guy to come in and totally suck, suck, suck the game up...like 4 interceptions suck. I would feel most comfortable this season if I see Collins on the sideline next to Saunders with a clipboard, 3rd string way behind Campbell.

Well it doesnt matter most likely Collins wont get the chance anyway. We both agree that the future is Campbell although we dont know for how long yet. and we both agree that Brunell is on the decline. I am glad everybody doesnt think Mark is going to the probowl.

How can you say that he is the best option that we have when we haven't given Bramlet a chance. I know he doesn't really have a chance to make the team THIS year. But Brunell and Collins aren't getting any younger. So I do think he could have a chance at the Practice Squad. And stats don't always carry that much weight, when Bramlet was with Cincy he out performed all of the other QB's in preseason an he still got cut.

Archived