Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

possible kicker for us?

haraldjun

If the doctors are correct then Hall is no longer an injury risk. He had a tendon that was torn away from the bone which was causing all the pulled muscles. The surgery he had supposedly cured the problem. Leg strength is only a problem for him if he has the muscle issues. Both the FGs he missed in the scrimmage would have been long enough for 55+ yard kicks. If he stays healthy he is a very good kicker.

If his leg strength is no longer a problem then why is he not doing kickoff's?

I don't think he will last the season and we will be looking for another kicker mid season. How come we can never find a good young free agent kicker like so many other teams?

BJ Sanders was cut by his team today. He came out of Ohio St. as the top punter a couple of years ago. We should maybe bring him in for some extra competition. :2cents:
I saw that, he is certainly worth a look, but it seems as though our coach likes Mr. Frost as well as Mr. Hall. So barring an injury we are probaly stuck with them, like the previous poster said
If he gives the opposing team worse field position than the 35 and he can make better than a 37 yarder I'm on board.
:laugh:

If his leg strength is no longer a problem then why is he not doing kickoff's?

I don't think he will last the season and we will be looking for another kicker mid season. How come we can never find a good young free agent kicker like so many other teams?

Yes it has been frustrating! We need a punter with a strong leg for kickoffs and long field goals because it appears we are sticking with Hall. This must be his last year!

We need a real kicker. Hall can't make long kicks anymore. Remember when we had Eddie Murray? Same situation. With such a close division race this season, I think a lot of games will come down to kicking. It's probably too close to the start of the season to do much at this point, but I'm definitely nervous.

Anyone know Lohmiller's phone number?

update - prater was cut on sunday by the lions. not sure if he has already been claimed off waivers...

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1156722029181490.xml&coll=1&thispage=2

"...The Lions made 11 cuts Sunday and have to make one more by Tuesday. Released were safety Vernon Fox, last year's special teams Most Valuable Player, fullback Will Matthews, tight end Jed Weaver, punter Adam Anderson, kicker Matt Prater, tight end Kori Dickerson, receiver Brett Fischer, defensive tackle Marcus Parker, cornerback Harrison Smith, receiver Paris Hamilton and quarterback Joel Klatt."

Archived