Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clemons Released: Redskins.com

Vman2k6

I don't think we should look too deeply into this because they say Carter was released but I also heard yesterday he was put on IR

I'm guessing they are gonna do the same to Clemons and just wanted to free up some space to sign other players (roster deadlines are coming up)

When I heard about Clemons being released i thought it ws his brother Nic not Chris . It must have been one hell of an offseason for him because early on he was being touted as a starter at WLB then in camp he was moved accross to backup SLB now cut loose following the injury . The NFL is a cruel world .

Listen fellas dont be surprised to see him come back after he gets back to 100%. He fits in well for us, and would be better suited for the team opposed to a rookie like Havner or Simon who will most likely make the roster

I'm pretty sure Gregg Williams said Clemons was very likely to be cut because he wasn't progressing into the role they had for him at LB.

Clemons will sign somewhere else more likely imo

When I heard about Clemons being released i thought it ws his brother Nic not Chris . It must have been one hell of an offseason for him because early on he was being touted as a starter at WLB then in camp he was moved accross to backup SLB now cut loose following the injury . The NFL is a cruel world .

Who said Chris was the starter at WLB? Chris himself said since minicamp that he was only playing strong side, although Gregg said he was still in the competition, but Chris himself said it wasn't his position.

I'd only heard bad things about chris from camp for a few months now.

GW in today's WP article: Changes Lend Urgency to Camp by Howard Bryant was said to not really believe Clemons had a shot anyway:

"Apart from injuries, the coaches were unimpressed by their second-line players in the first preseason game. While Clemons was lost for 10 weeks, assistant head coach-defense Gregg Williams said yesterday he was in danger of not making the team. Kenny Wright, acquired as a free agent, struggled against Cincinnati, including a critical pass interference call. Also against the Bengals, rookie safety Reed Doughty was beaten on a trick play, a 52-yard flea-flicker."

The article goes to talk about the flea-ficker that everyone in the secondary bit on in the Cinci game. He talks about how he will never let those guys forget that for the rest of their time here as a Redskin.

Archived