Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerry Coleman Beat reporter TEM

RavenzSuck

I rarely get the chance to hear DC sports talk stations because I live in Baltimore. While driving near DC yesterday, I heard Jerry Coleman reporting as the beat reporter for WTEM. This shocked me. I almost wrecked my car. I couldn't believe that WTEM had hired him. Jerry was the sports guy for 98 rock in Baltimore. He was there for a few years. He was abruptly fired a few months ago because they found a more qualified candidate (Keith Mills). I listen to 98 rock from time to time. They have a decent morning show. It sucks compared to Elliott but it is adequate. While working for 98 rock, Coleman used to bash the Redskins. Any time he could, he would dog them. It used to really tick me off because it seemed like he had this hatred toward the redskins. He always dogged Snyder really bad too. It justs amazes me that he would actually work for TEM. I wish I had some clips of this guy. You guys wouldn't believe it either. I will give him this though: He is not scared to ask tough questions. He did piss Billick off from time to time. Did any of you guys hear him on 98 Rock?

I met Coleman at Training Camp - he was a pretty noticeable presence in the media room. I also sat next to him in the press box during the scrimmage against the Ravens. He's kind of loud and brash, but he's a genuinely friendly guy. As for whether he's got an agenda or not, I don't know.

Coleman used to bash the Redskins. Any time he could, he would dog them. It used to really tick me off because it seemed like he had this hatred toward the redskins. He always dogged Snyder really bad too.

well, he definately has a future with comcast sportsnet if this job doesnt work out.

comcast sportsnet=pro baltimore (ravens, orioles)

anti washington (redskins, nationals)

their bias is painfully obvious.

most of their reporters are amateurs and brown nosers.

the only good reporter on that channel, imho, is brent harris, who covers the ravens. the rest are worthless.

I used to listen to him on the mornings too when the Junkies weren't on. Man, he would crush the Skins every chance he had. Was he bashing on the Skins yet?

I remember he said he used to cover DC sports back in the day and said he hated it because he hates the Skins. I do remember that.

I wasn't familiar with him prior to 980. But if he does hate the Skins so much, I think it was a dumb hire by 980. Not that the team's beat reporter should necessarily be a diehard fan of the team, but hiring someone who admits to hating the team is kinda taking things to the opposite extreme.

Maybe they really want to be the anti-Triple X ESPN Radio, to give the dissenting voice on team. Some of the tools on that station of done a good job of that in recent years, no matter how uninformed they might be (cough, cough...Czaban...cough, cough).

I'm glad you brought this up. I was wondering where this guy came from because listening to his reports, he sounded as if he fit in perfectly with the rest of the blow hards on WTEM, like Czaban and Polin. He can't seem to give a report on the Redskins without being sarcastic about it or throwing some negativity in. Now I know. I hope they're happy together.

Ravens and Orioles players used to make fun of him while he was on the air. It was quite funny seeing the players dog him on live TV or radio. I think this is why he has such a ****y attitude.

That fat pitcher from the Orioles wanted to beat the **** out of him.

I noticed this too yesterday. I've lived in Baltimore the past few years, so I would hear him on WBAL in the morning. He LOVED to bash the Skins. His infamous move was to play "laugh" soundtracks in the background when referencing the Skins. He's even made fun of Joe Gibbs for no reason. I've had pissing matches with him a couple times via Email because I was ticked off at something he said or did when referring to the Skins. I knew Keith Mills took over for him, I just didn't know where he went until yesterday. Shocker.

their bias is painfully obvious.

most of their reporters are amateurs and brown nosers.

the only good reporter on that channel, imho, is brent harris, who covers the ravens. the rest are worthless.

What did Kelli Johnson ever do to you? She knows her stuff and I've never seen her bash the Redskins. I'd take her over Brent Harris any day.

It is about time others have noticed how attrocious this guy is. He has mispronounced more names and put less effort into this than I could have possibly imagined. I think that 980 was forced to scramble with very short notice because of Bram Weinsteins departure.

ntotoro,

It has to do with RavenzSuck's misguided comment regarding how the 98rock morning show compares to DC101's morning show. I agree my response was not to the major topic of the post, but it was in response to something written in the post... if you only want people responding to one thing, don't throw other opinions into the post (especially incorrect ones :laugh: ).

Archived