Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

George Michael on Patton on Espy

slinky

Im hoping JG plays him(ESPY) with the first string against the jets this weekend...saving moss, are and maybe lloyd(tho he seems like a balla all the time)....

tho the sceptics will simply say..."well he did it against the Jets defense!!"

hopefully the coaches dont think the same way.....

Im sorry but that boy is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP HATIN!!

Patten said that Espy is the best wide receiver he has ever seen in his career and he's so awesome that soon they will name an award after him - The Espy Award

Wah wah...

I think these endorsements matter more in signing a player as in Rumph's case. After that the coaches will judge on performance and probably not too much on player endorsements.

Regarding Jacobs, the Redskins pretty much universally said that Jacobs is a good player IN PRACTICE. The problem is that he's never been able to put it together when he could have made a difference.

Whenever the Redskins counted on him to produce Jacobs would either fall short of expectations or he'd end up injured.

He may turn out to be one heck of a pickup for the 49ers but you can't really fault Washington for running out of patience.

yep, Jacobs let me down as well, I really thought he would make the leap when getting playing time, but he didn't.

Espy showed more in the scrimmage and first preseason game than TJ did his entire time as a Redskin. If he can play special teams... Thrash or Patten maybe on the bubble.

I was so excited when Mike Espy came here from Ole Miss cause I always liked him - but I had no idea he would perform the way he has.

I'm sure DP was talking about the young receivers in camp or that he's seen play in scrimmage/TV etc.

When i look at Espy I see a guy who has the frame to build a lot more muscle and carry it, you can see he needs to do a little lifting.

If he can get up to 210 pounds or so, I already know he can jump through the roof and accelerates like a Porsche - plus if we cut him he will go to one of our division rivals. :( :mad:

patten seems like a good guy that talks very good about young players maybe to get the kids confidence up cause i remember him saying something about taylor jacobs, why arent u a starter, u got the moves and speed to.. come game time, we know what taylor can do.. and we know what espy can do.. espy is good but hes not the best..

really, when you think about it real, real hard, in the grand scheme of things . . .

who is David Patten?

Now if Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward gave props to someone, okay,I'll listen.

Great players aren't neccesarily great talent evaluators. This town had a number 23 that fit that bill.

I must say he looked much better than i thouhg he would be, but yes they said this about Jacobs last year

Yes, but Jacobs NEVER showed it to us on the field. In one scrimmage and one pre-season game, I have to admit, Espy has impressed me more than Jacobs did in his entire stay here.

But even in preseason, Jacobs never made catches and had seperation that Espy had in the game against Cincy. I am not saying he is great, but the guy definitley proving he is not Jacobs.

I hope he makes our squad as a ST/WR #6.

Archived