Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any word on Kerry Carter?

UpNorth

I figured those of you closer to the Washington area may ave heard an update on Carter and what happened to his knee. It sure looked nasty. All I have heard is stuff about Portis.

From watching Carter go down it really looked like he may have torn an ACL or something but he was able to get off the field with some help so maybe not....it would be nice to know though.

That is really disappointing. He was having a really good TC and looked good in the scrimage against Baltimore. Our O-line wasn't getting any kind of push so I think he really didn't get the opportunity to really show what he's got. On the other hand, wasn't he the main competition for Lumsden? This could be the window of opportunity for all those Lumsden fans. He should get the majority of the work for the next few weeks. Portis will not play until Week 1, Betts will only play 1 or 2 series and Rock will probably get the rest of the 1st half then its all Lumsden with Nemo in as FB.

That is really disappointing. He was having a really good TC and looked good in the scrimage against Baltimore. Our O-line wasn't getting any kind of push so I think he really didn't get the opportunity to really show what he's got. On the other hand, wasn't he the main competition for Lumsden? This could be the window of opportunity for all those Lumsden fans. He should get the majority of the work for the next few weeks. Portis will not play until Week 1, Betts will only play 1 or 2 series and Rock will probably get the rest of the 1st half then its all Lumsden with Nemo in as FB.
Provided Lumsden is healthy...

As a Lumsden fan, that is the only good news to come out of CP going down. I think he will be fine for week 1, but i still have concerns about betts not playing last night. Gibbs said Betts didnt feel confident going in there just yet.

I think more than ever this shows why we need another quality back on this team.

IF Portis goes down Betts can step in and do a decent job no question, but what if Betts goes down when Portis is out? Rock? maybe, but the running game will suffer big time.

Some people think i have this false confidence in "an unproven back" in Lumsden, but I have seen him play in college for 4 years and saw him play in the CFL. I know what he can do if given a shot and now it looks like that shot will be 2 quarters of the next 3 pre-season games.

Apparently, although he suffered a torn ACL and MCL in the second quarter of the game last night, ESPN is reporting he somehow got back in the game in the third at CB to get burnt by Kelley Washington for a TD.....:doh: :laugh:

Ya'll have to see this to believe it. You can even see Emanuel's name on the back. Linky poo poo:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/apphoto/photo?sportId=28&photoId=1261943

Lumsden is just as "proven" as Lawrence Maroney or Joseph Addai - he just did it in the CFL instead of a D1 school. The competition is at least as good in the CFL - for a RB 1 year out of college with an NFL season ending injury anyway.:2cents:

Plus Lumsden, unlike Betts, has proven he can be a 15-20 carry a game guy and not break down. Betts has yet to be able to handle 6-10 carries a game without getting hurt every 3 games. Yeah I know that Betts has been hurt in the NFL not the CFL, but he doesn't get "collision" injuries, his are always strains, sprains

I really really hope this is Betts breakout year, and I know he's got mad talent - but a lot of people here seem to have more confidence in him than me - at least they seem to forget that he is constantly hurt on one of the lightest workloads in the NFL for any #2 RB.

I feel really really bad for Kerry Carter, dude just keeps blowing out his knee... this could be the end for him :(

Provided Lumsden is healthy...

I heard his hip pointer was pretty much better - I'm sure if they knew Kerry Carter was going to go down he would have played - but this is all about evaluation anyway.

The kid has a 2 year deal, Jesse Lumsden isn't going anywhere.

I heard his hip pointer was pretty much better - I'm sure if they knew Kerry Carter was going to go down he would have played - but this is all about evaluation anyway.

The kid has a 2 year deal, Jesse Lumsden isn't going anywhere.

That's good to hear. The only guy I'm more anxious to see play is JC.

Apparently, although he suffered a torn ACL and MCL in the second quarter of the game last night, ESPN is reporting he somehow got back in the game in the third at CB to get burnt by Kelley Washington for a TD.....:doh: :laugh:

Ya'll have to see this to believe it. You can even see Emanuel's name on the back. Linky poo poo:

Haha, funny stuff. Way to check your facts ESPN! :laugh:

Right number, wrong name.:doh:

93440e96-8070-4ff1-8402-f391bf6b5072.jpg

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Kelley Washington catches a touchdown pass against Washington Redskins defender Kerry Carter (39) in the third quarter of a preseason football game, Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006, in Cincinnati. (AP Photo/Al Behrman)

August 13, 2006

NFL Photo Wire

On the other hand, wasn't he the main competition for Lumsden? This could be the window of opportunity for all those Lumsden fans. He should get the majority of the work for the next few weeks.
Yeah but Jesse isn;t even healthy right now...and who knows whats up with Ladell Betts? Right now the only sure player at RB is Cartwright.

Lumsden needs to get intot his game because number one, the Jets have a weak D-line, and number 2, with his underdog status, missing 2 preseason games could mean goodbye.

Archived