Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NC Skins Fans

Redskins75

Apex(The Peak of Good Living) NC.

I emailed WTPF(680am) in regards to the Skins not being listed on the Redskins radio network. The past few years the Skins games were broadcast on 680am but it looks like that's not going to happen anymore. Thank god for triplexespnradio.com. Oh and you guys won't see me in bars watching Skins games.. I'll either be at the games or watching/listening in the privacy of my own home where I can focus on the game and change chairs when the team is losing. I can't stand watching my team play in bars, too many distractions and I can't will the team to win with all the yelling and interference from me to the TV.

Here is the response:

Jay:

Thanks for your interest in the Redskins on WPTF. Unfortunately, we got fed up with all of the clutter--and none of the

support--from the Redskins' organization and gave them up. It's a loss for all of us, but Daniel Snyder doesn't care one bit.

Phil Zachary

EVP/COO

Curtis Media Group

I lived in Charlotte for about two years and I am moving back in September. Would love to get together with some real die hard Skins fans when I get back...

I plan on getting the ticket.... but hell... I wouldn't mind drinkin it up with you guys!

Hickory, NC

Nice, Hickory.....My best bud lives in Hickory and I make the 4 hour trip every month or two. He's a huge Skin fan too and is trying now to get on these boards. He usually goes to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch games.

Anyway, maybe we'll see you sometime during the season....:cheers:

Jay:

Thanks for your interest in the Redskins on WPTF. Unfortunately, we got fed up with all of the clutter--and none of the

support--from the Redskins' organization and gave them up. It's a loss for all of us, but Daniel Snyder doesn't care one bit.

Phil Zachary

EVP/COO

Curtis Media Group

This is terrible news. I must have my Redskins radio. At least we still get it in Northeastern NC.... I hope. :rolleyes:

Rocky Mount, NC here!!!

This is still Redskins Country! Keep buying Redskins gear in your local stores, if they don't have it, ask for it. I know the JC Penney's here carries Redskins shirts, jerseys as does Champ Sports.

I hate that WPTF isn't going to carry the games. That's bout the only station I could find it on. I have NFL Sunday ticket but liked to listen to the games on radio sometimes and catch the post game. WRMT used to carry them but when they went to ESPN radio they stopped. I guess we need an updated list of stations carrying the skins this season.

HTTR!!!

MC

You all knew I had to reply....

Durham, NC here. Duke sux. (Although I came to the realization that as much as I hate Duke, I despise Dallas even more. Didn't think that was possible)

@Blitz:

My wife is from Goldsboro. How long have you been there?

@VABeach:

Are you in Greensboro or Danville, cuz it's two different cities, not to mention states! :laugh:

I graduated from Page, so I know Greensboro too.

And with your season tix, do you go up every week or sell?

I don't hate the Panthers, per se. They're just obviously not my favorite team. (Originaly born in DC, moved to NC in '82)

I'm going to try and catch one of the games at Hi5 this year. Hope to see alot of ES people there.

Rocky Mount, NC here!!!

hey, MC, are you still in the Redskins TV market in Rocky Mount?

I am up here in the Elizabeth City area because we get Norfolk stations :) But I'm off in college so I live in the Panthers' TV market during football and go somewhere else to watch Redskins games.

i know for a fact that there are most likely more skins fans in rocky mount than panthers fans. its a shame that sometimes TV stations dont care and they put the panthers on anyway.

Raleigh-town, last season I watched all the games at Playmakers and there was a pretty good Redskins contingent there most Sundays. Does the Redskins fan club triangle chapter have a website or should I just show up at HI5 this Sunday and expect to see yall there.

Raleigh-town, last season I watched all the games at Playmakers and there was a pretty good Redskins contingent there most Sundays. Does the Redskins fan club triangle chapter have a website or should I just show up at HI5 this Sunday and expect to see yall there.

im havent moved in at NCSU yet. but youll see me there during the regular season.

Archived