Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Derrick Dockery?

redskinsfanjm30

Should Fergasun attend Cowboy Camp @ Oxnard?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fergasun attend Cowboy Camp @ Oxnard?

• Yes, it will be a good experience... bring back a scounting report
    • NO WAY! You dare call yourself Extreme!?

I was wondering the same thing about Randy THomas, but USA today had a pretty big piece on his comeback which set me at ease. Dockery has some great potential and i guess is the "worst" starting lineman although I like him a lot, but I hope he improves during camp, because with his size and some teaching, he could be REALLY good.

Dockery is 6'6 and 335 and nothing is going to change that :)

A lack of quickness has always been his biggest problem. That's one of the reasons he was moved inside to OG from the OT spot he played in college.

Dockery is a player that to excel will have to be a master technician. I don't know if he realizes that yet or not at age 25. But he is in his contract year with the club and will have to show well to land a good second contract.

Dockery will never have a difficult time bulldozing guys straight ahead, but will have to compensate with skill to survive in pass protection and on plays to the outside.

Dockery is a player that to excel will have to be a master technician. I don't know if he realizes that yet or not at age 25. But he is in his contract year with the club and will have to show well to land a good second contract.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if we re-sign him. Right now I'd think all signs point to yes, because the coaching staff seems to be optimistic about his potential. He needs to fulfill that potential on his own, though.

I haven't heard anything either, but I do know......thats a huuuuggee *****!

I saw him and Samuels in a restaurant in Sterling...he's a big boy.

Plus Bugel said he had "unlimited potential". Pretty good coach to get him up there too!!

:logo::notworthy

you haven't heard of Samuels much either, doesn't mean he's been sucking. Also, I've been hearing about Jansen, and I'm worried more about him now.

Samuels looked like an absolute beast when I saw him at camp. He definately stood out. Watching him and Carter go 1-1 was awesome.

Buges talked about Dockery today...

On Derrick Dockery (OL, #66) losing weight:

“He’s down to 325 pounds now. He’s got his balance and he’s not on the ground. He can bend his

knees a lot better and runs quicker. It was a blessing in disguise. The kid went down to Atlanta and

worked out at some different places down there and got himself into tip top shape. Dock was always a

big jolly guy, he’s the real deal now.”

On having Derrick Dockery (OL, #66) on a boxing work out:

“I think the hands are the most important part of football. You talk about feet, balance and hands. If

you have really good strong hands you can block. Everything’s on the chest. To stop people you have

to have powerful hands. The quicker the hands the better we are, and that’s the boxing aspect.”

Awww yeah.

you haven't heard of Samuels much either, doesn't mean he's been sucking. Also, I've been hearing about Jansen, and I'm worried more about him now.
Same here I'm not to the panic stage yet,because its just the start of the 2nd week of TC,but the reports that I've seen,seem's like everybody he faces in camp is beating him like a rented mule,but I have faith in the coaches to get them all working like we all know they can. HTTR

Samuels looked like an absolute beast when I saw him at camp. He definately stood out. Watching him and Carter go 1-1 was awesome.

I bet. Thats like two freak athletes banging against each other. I bet the 2 of them are going to improve each other so much. Maybe this will be the year that Big Chris can shut down Simeon for one game. Simeon is the one DE that gives him problems every time they play. I wish I was there to see that.

Then again one might say Simeon is the best all-around RE in the game too, so it ain't that big a deal. I love Chris Samuels. I loved when Buges said he wanted to let big Chris run the ball in at the Goal line.

Talk about a fullback. :laugh:

You may want to start to check out the daily training camp reports, where you'll find stuff from coaches like this:

On Derrick Dockery (OL, #66) losing weight: “He’s down to 325 pounds now. He’s got his balance and he’s not on the ground. He can bend his knees a lot better and runs quicker. It was a blessing in disguise. The kid went down to Atlanta and worked out at some different places down there and got himself into tip top shape. Dock was always a big jolly guy, he’s the real deal now.”

Archived