Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Smith's Quite Frankly

MikeB

Don't have much detail on this gang, but I watched Stephen A Smith's show Quite Frankly tonight and they were ranking each division. It was Stephen asking a panel of 3 analyst how they felt about each division. Bottom line is that 2 of the 3 picked the Skins to win it. One picked Dallas, but he was greeted with pessimism by Stephen and the crew... they weren't buying into Dallas because of the D. Stephen then brought up the Eagles, and all three agreed they would be last in the division because they have no dedication to the ground game and have a very questionable wide receiver corps. In all cases the Giants where perceived to be the next best team challenging for the division.

Interesting... we are definitely getting some love. :cool:

Stephen then brought up the Eagles, and all three agreed they would be last in the division because they have no dedication to the ground game and have a very questionable wide receiver corps. In all cases the Giants where perceived to be the next best team challenging for the division.

Im not trying to make a case for the Eagles, and that does seem like a strange conflict of intererests. But it was also pretty much true all those years they were winning before TO came aboard.

I really don't care about a panel picked out by stephen a smith and his lackeys. He seems to side with the most corrosive characters in the sports world. If he is giving respect than I would rather have a kick in the *** than have his respect or the respect of his panelists. I can't stand screamin' a smith.

It's nice getting respect

but it won't win us a single game

just like the players we can't get caught up in the hype

Eff that!! We're fans -- the hype is there for us to get caught up in!! :) I don't know about y'all, but the hype is PUMPIN' ME UP!!

#1 reason -- Joe Gibbs. We've been hyped up before, and it came to no avail. Bottom line, the coaches weren't Joe Gibbs. This season is gonna be special...enjoy every second of it!! :D

Im not trying to make a case for the Eagles, and that does seem like a strange conflict of intererests. But it was also pretty much true all those years they were winning before TO came aboard.

agreed as well. The Eagles will make a better push this year. They still won games even with the same problems as listed (no dedication to the ground game, questionable receiving corps). Plus, unlike some teams who lose too many players after their "window" is up (the Patriots for instance), the Eagles have kept many players still, or replaced them with good young talent (Vincent and Taylor for Sheppard and Brown for instance).

First of all, recognizing the perverse ways of Philly fans, this was primarily just an opportunity to bash the Eagles (not that I'm saying their bottom line conclusion is off base or anything).

As for us, the biggest single criticism this year was that we spent too much money, a fact that even if true means absolutely zero on the field this year. As our moves have settled in and people have had time to reflect on them, people have become impressed.

Do you realize that there's only one single starter on our team whose talent is questionable? The case for that is at WLB, but between Holdman and McIntosh, we probably will be fine, and Rocky (our highest draft pick) may be something special. And of course there's a Hall of Fame caliber coaching staff.

Dallas? They've essentially added one guy. That's it. He's an outstanding player, but they failed to address fundamental problems in their offense at the o-line, and they have probably the worst QB to play behind that particular line of the four you could choose from in our division. And of course that guy they've added has managed to corrode every locker room he's been in.

The Giants? Their offense remained basically the same,but they added Lavar a guy with (or at least who had at one time) phenomenal physical talent but whose work ethic and discipline are questionable, and Sam Madison who while probably better than anyone they had at CB last year is still over 30 years of age and who has seen his best days. Their defensive backfield is still a problem area.

The Eagles, while still good and who have impressive depth on both lines still let their offense stagnate at the skill positions, and are basically nothing but another year older all around except for that depth.

What's not to like about our team in our division? As this has sunk in, more and more people have adjusted us upwards in their predictions.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not sure why you're trying to bash Bubba with that post, but you're reaching a bit.

He's right. Neither players, coaches, or fans should get caught up in the media hype. You know if the team struggles, the same media pundits that hoisted you up as king will be the ones to kick you while you're on the ground. If they pick a team to do well and it doesn't, they lose face and get disappointed.

In fact, a lot of teams prefer underdog status because of the lowered expectations and pressure. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I wouldn't mind the Skins getting disrespected by the media, enter the playoffs as the Cinderella team and become the upset-winners of the SB.

I'm not sure why you're trying to bash Bubba with that post, but you're reaching a bit.

He's right. Neither players, coaches, or fans should get caught up in the media hype. You know if the team struggles, the same media pundits that hoisted you up as king will be the ones to kick you while you're on the ground. If they pick a team to do well and it doesn't, they lose face and get disappointed.

In fact, a lot of teams prefer underdog status because of the lowered expectations and pressure. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I wouldn't mind the Skins getting disrespected by the media, enter the playoffs as the Cinderella team and become the upset-winners of the SB.

i am not bashing him, i am laughing at his comments.

Number 1 it is impossible for Skin fans to NOT "get caught up in the hype"...you guys are the hypest of all the NFL fanbase right now. Its been a long time coming and the Skins got Gibbs back and you won a playoff game. The hype here in DC is impossible to ignore....

number 2. We are all fans and its our job to get hyped and excited.......even saint fans and Niner fans think they are going to be good this season.

Guest sith lord
Stephen A. Smith doesn't deserve work. Hands down worst on-air personality on that channel. I'd take Woody Paige over him.

I totally disagree. Stephen A is the one guy on ESPN that tells it like it is. The problem is that most people don't want to hear the truth.

the eagles team especially the offensive line and linebacker corps are nowhere near as good as they were several years ago.

but the undoing of the Eagles is that they are in a division that has three other aggressive organizations that are doing the most to improve from season to season.

the NFC East was a joke three of four years ago outside of the Eagles.

now the other three teams are all respectable or better than that.

the Eagles fans point to the draft and their future hopes for these players.

that's fine. but as we all know Super Bowl champions are rarely teams that start or count on more than the occasional outstanding rookie or two.

teams pointing to the current draft class are in most cases pointing toward FUTURE rather than current expected success.

Archived