Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Fumble Rule

Phixius

ALBANY, N.Y. -- The annual show-and-tell session with NFL referees regarding new rules produced the predictable reactions from New York Giants players this week.

Offensive linemen rolled their eyes at the league's new categorizations for holding that begin with the phrase, "materially restricting a player at the point of attack."

I can see why Giant's o-line would roll THEIR eyes...

I am so glad that the horse collar tackle has been redefined. If you watch game 2 against Dallas, CP almost got hurt by one of those damn Cowboys ***** horse collaring him. Santana Moss got a real bad one too. That whole team is cheap. I am so glad about this rule change.

I dont necessarily agree with the new fumble rule. When the whistle blows, there WILL be players who stop playing. It just seems like it will cause a lot of weird plays. Not to mention the possible safety concerns.

I am so glad that the horse collar tackle has been redefined. If you watch game 2 against Dallas, CP almost got hurt by one of those damn Cowboys ***** horse collaring him. Santana Moss got a real bad one too. That whole team is cheap. I am so glad about this rule change.

I dont necessarily agree with the new fumble rule. When the whistle blows, there WILL be players who stop playing. It just seems like it will cause a lot of weird plays. Not to mention the possible safety concerns.

:rolleyes:

Every team was horsecollering last year, and they always have. People just like to pin it on Dallas because Roy Williams hurt a few guys doing it (all of whom were quoted saying they didnt like the new rule).

The NFL is becoming a pussified league. This was a better game back when you could lead with your helmet, hit guys anyway, anytime and as hard as you wanted, and didnt have to worry about getting a penalty for being "too rough". This is a contact sport, the NFL needs to STFU and let the guys play.

:rolleyes:

Every team was horsecollering last year, and they always have. People just like to pin it on Dallas because Roy Williams hurt a few guys doing it (all of whom were quoted saying they didnt like the new rule).

The NFL is becoming a pussified league. This was a better game back when you could lead with your helmet, hit guys anyway, anytime and as hard as you wanted, and didnt have to worry about getting a penalty for being "too rough". This is a contact sport, the NFL needs to STFU and let the guys play.

So in your opinion is it ok to trip people? How about pulling the ball carrier down with the face mask? Why not? It is a contact sport. :rolleyes:

And I have NEVER seen a team horsecollar intentionally and as much as Dallas did.

Considering this is RW's forte, I can understand your violent reaction against it.

Real men tackle bodies, not uniforms and shoulder pads...

:applause:

You Cowboys fans like to call Taylor a punk. At least Taylor tackles people like a man. He doesnt ***** tackle like your boy RW.

In just 2 years, Taylor has 3 more personal foul penalties than RW has in 4. Not to mention Taylor pulled the biggest b*tch move imaginable by spitting in Pittman's face.

Guys like Dick Butkus are rolling in their graves over today's NFL

Let's see, Butkus' last year was 1972 or '73. How old were you? That's right, you weren't born yet. :doh: Did you enjoy his career?

Hey, Chris Hanburger tackled like that...I wasn't a fan of it then either.

In just 2 years, Taylor has 3 more personal foul penalties than RW has in 4. Not to mention Taylor pulled the biggest b*tch move imaginable by spitting in Pittman's face.

When they pass a rule called the 'Sean Taylor' rule, come back and visit us.

Let's see, Butkus' last year was 1972 or '73. How old were you? That's right, you weren't born yet. :doh: Did you enjoy his career?

Hey, Chris Hanburger tackled like that...I wasn't a fan of it then either.

I didnt say I was born, and I didnt need to be to recognize how pitiful these new rules are.

And the fact that you would have such a ***** attitude towards the game doesnt really shock me. You guys wouldnt last a quarter on the HS fields of East Texas, where they employ the "no blood, no foul" policy.

Not really a b*tch move to me, since Pittman was standing right there and Taylor was susceptible to retaliation. For my money, Pittman's the b**** for obvious reasons. I guess Pittman would have hit him back if he was a chick.

Not really a b*tch move to me, since Pittman was standing right there and Taylor was susceptible to retaliation. For my money, Pittman's the b**** for obvious reasons. I guess Pittman would have hit him back if he was a chick.

Spitting in another man's face is worse than kicking him in the nads. It's just something men don't do to each other.

Back in WWII, German soldiers, instead of just finishing off wounded American/English/French soldiers, would spit on them then leave them to die slowly. It's just a b*tch move.

Spitting in another man's face is worse than kicking him in the nads. It's just something men don't do to each other.

Back in WWII, German soldiers, instead of just finishing off wounded American/English/French soldiers, would spit on them then leave them to die slowly. It's just a b*tch move.

EC, the new ES historian.

As I said before, in fewer words, it isn't Sean Taylor they named this rule for, it's Roy Williams. When they start naming the no-spitting rule after ST, then your arument might have some merit.

Until then...

If you watch the way Roy horsecollars people it's readily apparent why they get hurt. He uses their pads to pull them backwards and at the same time he slides or swings is body forward and both his weight and the other guy's weight comes down on their legs.

Watch any tape of the guys he injured. It's all the same.

Roy did get punked by Chris Brown that one time, though, as he was trying to horsecollar him.

If you watch the way Roy horsecollars people it's readily apparent why they get hurt. He uses their pads to pull them backwards and at the same time he slides or swings is body forward and both his weight and the other guy's weight comes down on their legs.

Watch any tape of the guys he injured. It's all the same.

Roy did get punked by Chris Brown that one time, though, as he was trying to horsecollar him.

Yeah, Roy intentionally injures them :doh:

The players get injured because they keep running after Roy has them, and the their momentum goes one way while their body goes the other and their legs gets pulled under.

It's no more Roys fault that it is the offensive player's for continuing to run

Archived