Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Fumble Rule

Phixius

Poetic justice would be RW getting a pick or picking up a fumble, then getting horse-collared while simultaneously getting speared to the head, thus resulting in a concussion and a leg that's been snapped like a toothpick. Bet Cowboy fans wouldn't have any issue w/that.

Karma's a *****. RW is jeopardizing careers through his techniques. Whether he is intending to injure or not doesn't matter. His antics are proven to be dangerous. He IS a dirty ballplayer, which is incongruous because he seems like a pretty affable guy.

Some rules, such as some that protect the QB, are a little silly. But these are rules that clearly attempt to protect players from antics that have been demonstrably shown to have a huge risk of injury associated with them. Horse-collaring is in the same category as clipping, chop blocks, and spearing. These have no place in the game.

Poetic justice would be RW getting a pick or picking up a fumble, then getting horse-collared while simultaneously getting speared to the head, thus resulting in a concussion and a leg that's been snapped like a toothpick. Bet Cowboy fans wouldn't have any issue w/that.

Karma's a *****. RW is jeopardizing careers through his techniques. Whether he is intending to injure or not doesn't matter. His antics are proven to be dangerous. He IS a dirty ballplayer, which is incongruous because he seems like a pretty affable guy.

Some rules, such as some that protect the QB, are a little silly. But these are rules that clearly attempt to protect players from antics that have been demonstrably shown to have a huge risk of injury associated with them. Horse-collaring is in the same category as clipping, chop blocks, and spearing. These have no place in the game.

If RW is dirty, then Sean Taylor is a serial killer and Lawrence Taylor is the personification of satan. We wont even discuss Donovan Darius :doh:

Actually, I was clinging to the biggest defensive TD in the NFL last season... :rolleyes:

Donovan McNabb is much better than Brunell and RW still bent him over and had his way with him. No offense has outgrown one of the biggest defensive playmakers in football.

You cant possibly think that RW's TD was more important than Sean Taylor's TD against the Eagles that all but clinched a playoff berth for us or Taylor's score against Tampa Bay in the playoffs that ended up being the game winner.:doh:

You cant possibly think that RW's TD was more important than Sean Taylor's TD against the Eagles that all but clinched a playoff berth for us or Taylor's score against Tampa Bay in the playoffs that ended up being the game winner.:doh:

Washington was already ahead, and Philly wasnt going anywhere with their 18th string QB in :rolleyes:

That TD was icing on the cake

If RW is dirty, then Sean Taylor is a serial killer and Lawrence Taylor is the personification of satan. We wont even discuss

Donovan Darius :doh:

OK how the hell did you come to that conclusion? :doh:

That is probably the most ridiculous thing you have said(and trust me you have said a lot of ridiculous things).

Just go look at Sean Taylor's highlight video and Roy Williams' "highlight" video. Most of Williams' great hits that you guys like to brag about are either horse collars or spearing. He even dragged Jeff Garcia down by the jersey and plant his face on the floor when he could've easily just wrap him up and tackle him. Roy Williams is a despicable football player.

Washington was already ahead, and Philly wasnt going anywhere with their 18th string QB in :rolleyes:

That TD was icing on the cake

Ok. First of all, we were up by only 4 points. It also CLINCHED the game for us. How about the one in TB in the PLAYOFFS? You saying that the RW TD was the biggest defensive TD of the year proves what a homer you are.

OK how the hell did you come to that conclusion? :doh:

That is probably the most ridiculous thing you have said(and trust me you have said a lot of ridiculous things).

Just go look at Sean Taylor's highlight video and Roy Williams' "highlight" video. Most of Williams' great hits that you guys like to brag about are either horse collars or spearing. He even dragged Jeff Garcia down by the jersey and plant his face on the floor when he could've easily just wrap him up and tackle him. Roy Williams is a despicable football player.

Sean Taylor has been flagged more times for more yards in regards to personal foul penalties in 2 years than RW has in 4 years. He has also been fined more. And to say Taylor never leads with his head is ridiculous.

Not to mention he has never spit in another man's face, the ultimate b*tch move on a football field.

Sean Taylor is a street thug, a very talented thug, but still a thug nontheless

And for such a "despicable" football player, RW is very well respected outside of the blind homerism of Redskins nation. I gurantee you their is much more hate throughout the NFL felt towards Drive By than to RW.

Sean Taylor has been flagged more times for more yards in regards to personal foul penalties in 2 years than RW has in 4 years. He has also been fined more. And to say Taylor never leads with his head is ridiculous.

Not to mention he has never spit in another man's face, the ultimate b*tch move on a football field.

And for such a "despicable" football player, RW is very well respected outside of the blind homerism of Redskins nation. I gurantee you their is much more hate throughout the NFL felt towards Drive By than to RW.

A. He did get personal fouls but RW his risked people's careers with his dirty ways. I never said that Taylor NEVER leads with his head. Has he before? Probably. Does he do it on a normal basis? No. Does RW? YES.

B. Spitting on someone's face if ****ed up but IT IS NOT A ***** MOVE. A ***** move would be hitting someone from behind and then running away. When you spit on someone's face, you expect a reaction. You could call him a thug but not a *****.

C. Roy Williams seems like a good guy off of the football field. I am not denying this. On the field though it is a different story.

D. I would really like to know why you are calling Sean Taylor "Drive By". It absolutely makes no sense. He was ACCUSED of pulling a gun on someone(a thief btw). He had HIS CAR SHOT AT. Now, what is your reasoning to calling him "Drive By"? If I'm not mistaken, Cowboys Safety Keith Davis was involved in a drive by. Apparently, he was coming back from church :laugh: No wait, he lied to the cops and said that. In fact, he was coming from a party when his dumb ass got shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXTiD83Irwk

Sean Taylor leads with his helmet at the 0:23 mark, throws a late forearm into TO's chest at the 0:31 mark, horsecollars a player at the 0:39 second mark, hits Terry Glenn helmet to helmet at the 1:40 mark, leads with his helmet at the 1:47 mark, horsecollars a player at the 2:53 mark, clothslines a player at the 3:01 mark, pulls Chris Henry down by the neck while he is in midair at the 3:22 mark, pulls McNabb down by the facemask at the 3:46 mark, pulls a player down by the head at the 4:13 mark, and gives Nate Burleson a late hit at the 4:35 mark

And that's just the first half of the video

Check. Mate.

A. He did get personal fouls but RW his risked people's careers with his dirty ways. I never said that Taylor NEVER leads with his head. Has he before? Probably. Does he do it on a normal basis? No. Does RW? YES.

B. Spitting on someone's face if ****ed up but IT IS NOT A ***** MOVE. A ***** move would be hitting someone from behind and then running away. When you spit on someone's face, you expect a reaction. You could call him a thug but not a *****.

C. Roy Williams seems like a good guy off of the football field. I am not denying this. On the field though it is a different story.

D. I would really like to know why you are calling Sean Taylor "Drive By". It absolutely makes no sense. He was ACCUSED of pulling a gun on someone(a thief btw). He had HIS CAR SHOT AT. Now, what is your reasoning to calling him "Drive By"? If I'm not mistaken, Cowboys Safety Keith Davis was involved in a drive by. Apparently, he was coming back from church :laugh: No wait, he lied to the cops and said that. In fact, he was coming from a party when his dumb ass got shot.

Spitting in another man's face is an absolute b*tch move. Someone low enough to do that isnt worth wasting oxygen on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXTiD83Irwk

Sean Taylor leads with his helmet at the 0:23 mark, throws a late forearm into TO's chest at the 0:31 mark, horsecollars a player at the 0:39 second mark, hits Terry Glenn helmet to helmet at the 1:40 mark, leads with his helmet at the 1:47 mark, horsecollars a player at the 2:53 mark, clothslines a player at the 3:01 mark, pulls Chris Henry down by the neck while he is in midair at the 3:22 mark, pulls McNabb down by the facemask at the 3:46 mark, pulls a player down by the head at the 4:13 mark, and gives Nate Burleson a late hit at the 4:35 mark

And that's just the first half of the video

Check. Mate.

He pulled him down by the shoulder...you are allowed to hit a player with the ball with your helmet...read up on the rules son...you're allowed to pull a player down by the neck...to me this video just adds more evidence in support of why Talyor is superior to that loser the cowboys have Roy "Toast" Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dallasucks:

He pulled him down by the shoulder...you are allowed to hit a player with the ball with your helmet...read up on the rules son...you're allowed to pull a player down by the neck...to me this video just adds more evidence in support of why Talyor is superior to that loser the cowboys have Roy "Toast" Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dallasucks:

It's the exact same thing RW did on every last "horsecollar" you guys call him out on :rolleyes:

Taylor has been fined 25k for leaving the rookie seminar, 17k for spitting at Pittman, 20K combined for wearing "unauthorized socks" and a dark visor, 10k for unnecessary roughness against TO, and 7k for a late hit on Eli Manning. So really, of all his fines, two were for his actual in game hitting, and one of them was on TO of all people, so can anyone really consider that a bad thing?

And drop the cute little "Drive By" name, I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean other than some weak shot at Taylor being a "thug." If we can call Roy Williams by his name in this thread, you could afford Taylor the same respect.

And I guarantee to you there ISN'T a lot of hate in the league for Taylor. Just off the top of my head, when Ryan Clark left here for the Steelers, Bill Cowher was on a radio show in Pittsburgh and said they wanted Clark specifically because he played in a scheme to compliment a gifted, versatile safety in Taylor in much the same way he'll compliment Polamalu. Cowher himself made the comparison between Taylor and Polamalu. If you don't think the vast majority of teams in this league would take Taylor in a heartbeat on their defense, you really are a homer.

I gurantee you their is much more hate throughout the NFL felt towards Drive By than to RW.

It's "guarantee" and "there". Glad to see that the Dallas education system is working so well. Please spend more time in school and less time trolling a redskin forum... kthxbye.

Hell's Bells!! Can we please take the whole Taylor vs Williams/ horsecollar thing and put it in the other thread that is on that topic?? Talk about redundancy......

As for the new fumble rule:

So if a ball carrier is knocked down by contact and turns the ball loose upon hitting the ground, they'll now consider that a fumble??

Whatever happened to the old "the ground can't cause a fumble" rule?? I wish the league would make up it's damn mind!!! :mad:

Archived