Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Fumble Rule

Phixius

Yeah, Roy intentionally injures them :doh:

The players get injured because they keep running after Roy has them, and the their momentum goes one way while their body goes the other and their legs gets pulled under.

It's no more Roys fault that it is the offensive player's for continuing to run

Nope. They get injured because of how Roy swings his body around, forward and down. Just watch the tape. The other player's forward progress is usually stopped pretty quick and their feet get stuck under them while Roy swings around and forward. I'm not just making this up. Find some video and watch. You'll see what I'm talking about.

I never said he intentionally hurt them, but don't you find it curious that Roy seems to injure players with his horse collars?

Here's a link to a video that shows what I'm talking about.

http://usatoday.feedroom.com/?fr_story=3d58ea6bf72f1ccf97a60689b0bdb148befa1f61

Spitting in another man's face is worse than kicking him in the nads. It's just something men don't do to each other.

Back in WWII, German soldiers, instead of just finishing off wounded American/English/French soldiers, would spit on them then leave them to die slowly. It's just a b*tch move.

Thanks for the history lesson. It would have much more impact if it came from someone who saw it rather than hearing it from his grandfather or reading it in a book. :2cents:

I stand by my assessment of Mike Pittman as the greater of two evils.

Thanks for the history lesson. It would have much more impact if it came from someone who saw it rather than hearing it from his grandfather or reading it in a book. :2cents:

I stand by my assessment of Mike Pittman as the greater of two evils.

Of course you do, because you're a Skins fan and Drive By can do no wrong in your eyes :rolleyes:

Spitting in another man's face is worse than kicking him in the nads. It's just something men don't do to each other.

Back in WWII, German soldiers, instead of just finishing off wounded American/English/French soldiers, would spit on them then leave them to die slowly. It's just a b*tch move.

Ok first of all, kicking someone in the nads is the ULTIMATE ***** move. You DONT kick a man in the nads. By you making this statement, I dont think you have felt the pain of being kicked in the nads.

Second, it was the fact that German soldiers LEFT THEM TO DIE SLOWLY that was seriously messed up NOT spitting on them. :rolleyes:

If you watch the way Roy horsecollars people it's readily apparent why they get hurt. He uses their pads to pull them backwards and at the same time he slides or swings is body forward and both his weight and the other guy's weight comes down on their legs.

Watch any tape of the guys he injured. It's all the same.

Roy did get punked by Chris Brown that one time, though, as he was trying to horsecollar him.

Its not even just Roy, its a few players from the Cowgirls. Seriously...go back and watch the two games against Dallas, Roy and a few other players all horsecollar in that game.

Its not even just Roy, its a few players from the Cowgirls. Seriously...go back and watch the two games against Dallas, Roy and a few other players all horsecollar in that game.

That ****er James(LB) seems to do it often too. I guess Roy Williams' cheap ways are rubbing off on the whole team.

Nope. They get injured because of how Roy swings his body around, forward and down. Just watch the tape. The other player's forward progress is usually stopped pretty quick and their feet get stuck under them while Roy swings around and forward. I'm not just making this up. Find some video and watch. You'll see what I'm talking about.

I never said he intentionally hurt them, but don't you find it curious that Roy seems to injure players with his horse collars?

Here's a link to a video that shows what I'm talking about.

http://usatoday.feedroom.com/?fr_story=3d58ea6bf72f1ccf97a60689b0bdb148befa1f61

Really? I sure don't see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krwSWTkEcIs

:rolleyes:

Just because it happened ONCE on Musa Smith doesnt mean it's everytime

EC, you've been a pretty good Boys poster around here. You're on good ground with me- but Roy Williams has definitley managed to get himself a reputation as a horse-collarer. Not just with Skins fans, but around the league.

The guy does it more than anyone else.

EC, you've been a pretty good Boys poster around here. You're on good ground with me- but Roy Williams has definitley managed to get himself a reputation as a horse-collarer. Not just with Skins fans, but around the league.

The guy does it more than anyone else.

And that shouldnt matter. Did they ban the QB sack after Lawrence Taylor ended 2 QBs careers and broke the legs of 2 others? Of course not

And that shouldnt matter. Did they ban the QB sack after Lawrence Taylor ended 2 QBs careers and broke the legs of 2 others? Of course not

No. That's completely irrelevant though. The horse-collar tackle is a penalty for the same reason the chop-block is a penalty. It's more susceptible to cause injury.

Really? I sure don't see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krwSWTkEcIs

:rolleyes:

Just because it happened ONCE on Musa Smith doesnt mean it's everytime

You're being dishonest if you say you don't see it. He did it in the link you posted and he did it to Calico.

And the competition committee saw fit to outlaw the tackle and it was even dubbed the "Roy Williams rule". Wonder why that would be?

No. That's completely irrelevant though. The horse-collar tackle is a penalty for the same reason the chop-block is a penalty. It's more susceptible to cause injury.

Lawrence Taylor hitting you on the blindside is much more likely to cause injury than a horse collar, I gurantee you

You're being dishonest if you say you don't see it. He did it in the link you posted and he did it to Calico.

And the competition committee saw fit to outlaw the tackle and it was even dubbed the "Roy Williams rule". Wonder why that would be?

The If ST did it and they banned the horse collar, you would all be outraged and sending them letters with nasty replies. You know and I know it, so why dont we cut the crap? The only reason you like it is because you get to knock RW some more, not because you like the rule.

If there is any justice in this world, ST will break a guys leg this year with the horse collar, get a penalty, get fined, and you will all b*tch about it. And I will be in the back, laughing my ass off and the unimaginable irony of it all.

Lawrence Taylor hitting you on the blindside is much more likely to cause injury than a horse collar, I gurantee you

Stop trying to rationalize the Roy Williams tackle! Hitting a dude with your power as opposed to grabbing on someone's horse collar and draggin them down with your weight are 2 totally different things. :rolleyes:

Yeah, James does it a lot too. He's the one who took down Portis IIRC. Scariest moment of the season, that sum****.

Yea Portis looked a bit shaken up after the play. Those Cowboys punks need to buy Backyard Drills with Bill Parcells and learn how to tackle right.

Stop trying to rationalize the Roy Williams tackle! Hitting a dude with your power as opposed to grabbing on someone's horse collar and draggin them down with your weight are 2 totally different things. :rolleyes:

And both have injured the same number of players, except RW has never ended a career.

Obviously, I dont want the sack outlawed, just like the horse collar shouldnt be outlawed, justt like leading with your head shouldnt be outlawed, and just like taunting shouldnt be outlawed. The game was better when a guy could destroy a QB, get up, and tell him to stay the f*** down and not worry about a penalty.

And both have injured the same number of players, except RW has never ended a career.

Obviously, I dont want the sack outlawed, just like the horse collar shouldnt be outlawed, justt like leading with your head shouldnt be outlawed, and just like taunting shouldnt be outlawed. The game was better when a guy could destroy a QB, get up, and tell him to stay the f*** down and not worry about a penalty.

Ok leading with the head is EXTREMELY dangerous. I feel the only reason you would say something like that is because your boy RW does a good amount of those hits too(see L. Coles).

And please stop comparing sacks to horse collaring and leading with your head. Seriously dude. You're getting out of control.

p.s. LT ended careers because of his STRENGTH and POWER not because he DRAGGED PEOPLE DOWN. Its called TACKLING not DRAGGING.

The If ST did it and they banned the horse collar, you would all be outraged and sending them letters with nasty replies. You know and I know it, so why dont we cut the crap? The only reason you like it is because you get to knock RW some more, not because you like the rule.

If there is any justice in this world, ST will break a guys leg this year with the horse collar, get a penalty, get fined, and you will all b*tch about it. And I will be in the back, laughing my ass off and the unimaginable irony of it all.

Aww, you can't admit anything can you little feller? Gotta try to spin it around and make it about me when it has nothing to do with me or Sean Taylor.

Stop acting like RW plays some innocent part in all this when in reality it's a tackle that's in bad form and causes injury. It's not some silly rule. This rule is akin the them outlawing the clothesline.

Maybe you wouldn't care if somebody horse collared TO or Bledsoe and ended their season because of it because you figure it's just the nature of the game, but anybody with any sense can tell that that tackle needs to be outlawed.

Ok leading with the head is EXTREMELY dangerous. I feel the only reason you would say something like that is because your boy RW does a good amount of those hits too(see L. Coles).

And please stop comparing sacks to horse collaring and leading with your head. Seriously dude. You're getting out of control.

p.s. LT ended careers because of his STRENGTH and POWER not because he DRAGGED PEOPLE DOWN. Its called TACKLING not DRAGGING.

Roy leads with his right shoulder :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgRAFUhGCM

Care to guess how many times RW has been flagged for leading with his helmet? ONCE, ONCE in 4 years, yet you guys maintain he is the dirtiest player in football, despite the fact that ST has done it more often and been flagged for it more times in 2 years than RW has in 4.

Leading with the helmet is dangerous, but shouldnt be outlawed, Why? Because it makes defensive players hesitant. They have to worry about how they hit a player instead of just hitting him. More than one QB has remained upright because of this fact.

And I GURANTEE you sacks have injured 100 times more players than horse collars and leading with the head COMBINED. The only reason you guys want these banned is because you got tired of RW making a career of destroying Washington in every imaginable way and wanting to pin something on him.

Aww, you can't admit anything can you little feller? Gotta try to spin it around and make it about me when it has nothing to do with me or Sean Taylor.

Stop acting like RW plays some innocent part in all this when in reality it's a tackle that's in bad form and causes injury. It's not some silly rule. This rule is akin the them outlawing the clothesline.

Maybe you wouldn't care if somebody horse collared TO or Bledsoe and ended their season because of it because you figure it's just the nature of the game, but anybody with any sense can tell that that tackle needs to be outlawed.

It didnt need to be outlawed until RW started doing it..... :rolleyes:

Amazing coincidink, aint it?

If a guy is breaking away, and you have 2 options:

Horse collar him

Let him score

Which are you gonna chose?

The problem is that they horse collar no matter what. If that were the only case then it would be difference. Even on the TO tackle he made you can see that instead of just taking him down, he holds on to his jersey, gets himself into better position and then drags him to the ground.

The problem is that they horse collar no matter what. If that were the only case then it would be difference. Even on the TO tackle he made you can see that instead of just taking him down, he holds on to his jersey, gets himself into better position and then drags him to the ground.

I assure you he isnt thinking about it, it's instinctual, just like it is to any player who is behind and trying to take someone down.

Archived