Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YEEEEEAAAHHH BOOOOOYEEE!!! NFL Sunday Ticket for free

MrSilverMaC

I just got Direct t.v yesterday, and they were running a promo here in AZ (not sure if it's nation-wide) but they will give you every channel (including all premium movie channels) for 69.99 a month for 4 months, and they GIVE you the ticket for free. And after the 4 months is up, you keep the ticket.

Holly :pooh: :cheers:

For those of you who already have directv, if you purchase the sunday ticket, you can call them up and tell them you want "superfan" (which is the games in hd) for free, and they'll give it to you.

Just call em up, complain about the price, and they'll throw it in for free. Thats a $100 value.

Thanks WE!!! I just complained and I got the Superfan. Im still laughing that I was b******* about something I have no problem paying for. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wait ru serious?

iam about to call

• 5 weeks later...

Well I just contacted Directv to see what they could hook me up with seeing as how I've been a customer for 5 years and keep getting offers weekly from Dish Network that would beat thier prices.

They gave me:

Free HD DVR w/ free installation

Free Showtime for 6 months

NFL Sunday Ticket - $250 w/ Free Superfan package, $50 per month for the next 5 months

$20 credit on next 6 months bills, $10 credit for the 6 months after that.

So basically I got a free HD DVR, free Showtime for 6 months, and paid $150 for Sunday Ticket w/ Superfan.

I love Directv.

:cheers: to not having to sit thru the disgusting local schedule of the Ravens/Cowboy/Eagle games being shown in our area this season.

that is so dishonest it is sad

How is it dishonest?

It's the truth. Its a competitive market between Dish and Directv and they will try and do whatever it takes to get/keep customers. I just recieved an e-mail from Dish Network giving me HD which I don't have w/ Directv at the moment, all the same channels, for 20 dollars less per month than I pay now. The only thing Directv has to even make me think about staying and paying the 20 dollars more per month is the fact that they are the only provider with the NFL Ticket. I called customer service without being an ass, stated the deal that Dish offered me, they offered me a discounted rate on HD service but it still didn't equal to be less than the Dish offer. Then they said if I bought the NFL ticket they could throw in all the other stuff, so I took thier offer. Nothing shady about it whatsoever.

that is so dishonest it is sad

Trust me, the amount of money Direct makes and how they are known to royally screw their customers, there is nothing wrong with a little negotiation to keep their service. In college I used to sale Direct TV for a sales partner and you would not believe the horror stories from the Direct TV customers I would hear. I felt guilty working for them. If all of you can get deals from Direct, DO IT.

HAIL!

maybe some of you guys can help me. We bought a new tv, and will be placing it in a different area of the house. However, we figured we could just move our current tv to that area, with the satellite box and all (we have Dish) and it would work fine, it doesn't. I guess they have specified only our current location of the the tv in the house as the satellite receiver place. We have cable jacks in every room, so we thought it would not matter.

Is there any way around this? We opened both wall cable outlet boxes, and they looked the same, but when we physically moved the tv and satellite box, it did not work, but worked when we moved them back. Dish is trying to charge us 100$ for them to set up "another room", even though we told them we'll switch to their HD service. Any help?

maybe some of you guys can help me. We bought a new tv, and will be placing it in a different area of the house. However, we figured we could just move our current tv to that area, with the satellite box and all (we have Dish) and it would work fine, it doesn't. I guess they have specified only our current location of the the tv in the house as the satellite receiver place. We have cable jacks in every room, so we thought it would not matter.

Is there any way around this? We opened both wall cable outlet boxes, and they looked the same, but when we physically moved the tv and satellite box, it did not work, but worked when we moved them back. Dish is trying to charge us 100$ for them to set up "another room", even though we told them we'll switch to their HD service. Any help?

When your Dish was installed, only those jacks in the rooms you wanted service were tapped into or wired. thus you would only have service in those specified rooms. if you want to ADD another room, you would have to buy another reciever (model 311 or 301) for $100. if you want to MOVE the wiring to another room that would be dependent on the amount of time in labor and quantity of wiring.

if i were you i would offer to sign another contract to get the free equipment. OR you could call Dish and threaten to cancel to switch to Direct, but you can only use this leverage if your not under contract with Dish.

OR just switch to Direct.

HAIL!

Okay guys help me.

Im getting the Sunday Ticket in probaly a week or so. I dont have direct t.v so I obviously need to get it to have the ticket.

Can any of yall tell me what to say when Im telling them about how I want direct t.v and the ticket.

Should I act like im leaning to the dish? Tell them the price is too high?

Please help.

Thank you!

Okay guys help me.

Im getting the Sunday Ticket in probaly a week or so. I dont have direct t.v so I obviously need to get it to have the ticket.

Can any of yall tell me what to say when Im telling them about how I want direct t.v and the ticket.

Please help.

Thank you!

It could never hurt. Dish is offering some damn good deals right now to try and persuade people alway from Directv, so Directv has no choice but to counteract. I don't know how much good it will do ya, but might as well try.

But that'd be so dishonest :rolleyes:

I have seen topics like this before and I have problems with the people that openely state they have no problem paying for a service and belive the current stipulations of a contract are fare, but when they learn of a way to save a buck,they have no reservations about lieing to a person trying to do their job to get a freebie. While the perspective may be unusual to you, I feel that way because I'm use to normalpeople lieing to me, making asses of themselves at my job, making my life harder then it has to be, just for a few freebies and discounts.

**** thats is a lot of commas

Its not the consumers fault that you don't like your job.

How is it making thier life harder? Most of the time its going to be a customer service rep working for 9 dollars an hour that could give a crap less about what they are giving away.

But even that is besides the point, because there is no reason to lie. Dish Network will try and beat Directv and vice versa, so how is that lying? Its called bargaining. Do you go buy the first car you see on the lot? or do you drive around and see who is going to give you the best deal?

Okay guys help me.

Please help.

Thank you![/quote

No dude, unfortunately Direct TV will not usually negotiate for new customers, the promotional price is the price, plus you're already getting a better deal than current subscribers. Just call them and tell them you want the NFL Sunday Ticket Promo, you pay for the ticket and you get every other channel for free during the season. You can try negotiating, it would not hurt, but realize Direct TV is the only provider that has the rights to the ticket, thus if you want it you must go through them and they realize that. Good luck.

HAIL!

Just an FYI : You dont have to complain to DirecTV.

I called and got a great deal just by saying that someone told me about some great deals they were offering to current customers.

Got a similar deal that Ron got and then some. Although I have had it for years, and get all the movie and sports channels.

Archived