Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YEEEEEAAAHHH BOOOOOYEEE!!! NFL Sunday Ticket for free

MrSilverMaC

I've had sunday ticket for 3 years. I called up last month and said I wanted to cancel for this year b/c I was a little short on dinero. They offered me super fan for free, but I told them that I still needed to cancel. They wound up giving me sunday ticket for half price, 6 months of free showtime, and 10 bucks of my monthly subscription for 6 months. I wound up getting sunday ticket for about 60 bucks and 6 months of showtime. If you've had the service for a while, they'll definitely work with you.

what do you guys use for internet service when you have dtv? right now i have cable internet and cannot think about going back to something slow again. that is the one big reason for me not to get it.

I use DTV and Comcast internet. It's expensive to have both but DTV's internet service is so costly it's unbelieveable.

Also- I have the NFL Sunday ticket. It's perfect for fantasy football players because you can get every game. If you play a lot of fantasy, get it.

if i were you i would offer to sign another contract to get the free equipment. OR you could call Dish and threaten to cancel to switch to Direct, but you can only use this leverage if your not under contract with Dish.

that is what our thinking is. Do you know how to tap into other rooms, we have a family friend very good with wiring, so he may know already. We aren't trying to "steal" the connection and get out of paying for it, our plan is to move our new tv into another room as the main source once we get the new tv. The old tv will go to my parents room which is already tapped in and where we are already paying the extra 5$/month for.

Is there somewhere in the house where they tapped into the wiring, and where we can do a home fix? We do not want to pay a technician 99$ just to come out and switch the cable jack that the Dish receiver uses, especially if we can use it ourselves and are not trying to cheat them.

We've had service for 6 months now, so we figured we would call and threaten to switch, we don't have a contract. DirecTV offers free installation anyways for new customers, so may as well cancel Dish in the worst case scenario.

that is what our thinking is. Do you know how to tap into other rooms, we have a family friend very good with wiring, so he may know already. We aren't trying to "steal" the connection and get out of paying for it, our plan is to move our new tv into another room as the main source once we get the new tv. The old tv will go to my parents room which is already tapped in and where we are already paying the extra 5$/month for.

Is there somewhere in the house where they tapped into the wiring, and where we can do a home fix? We do not want to pay a technician 99$ just to come out and switch the cable jack that the Dish receiver uses, especially if we can use it ourselves and are not trying to cheat them.

We've had service for 6 months now, so we figured we would call and threaten to switch, we don't have a contract. DirecTV offers free installation anyways for new customers, so may as well cancel Dish in the worst case scenario.

It depends on how close the two rooms are together that will determine alot of the difficulty. If the rooms share a wall your friend might be able to run it himself (remember he must use RG6 cable for a digital signal). I would see what your friend could do. IF it appears he will not be able to do it I would call dish and be blunt that you're canceling your service and switching to direct due to them charging you to switch a room. dish has a win back dept. and they usually will try to work something out.

HAIL!

It should also be noted that to use multiple jackes in your house, you MAY need a powered multiswitch which the satellite people might have to provide.

It depends on how close the two rooms are together that will determine alot of the difficulty. If the rooms share a wall your friend might be able to run it himself (remember he must use RG6 cable for a digital signal). I would see what your friend could do. IF it appears he will not be able to do it I would call dish and be blunt that you're canceling your service and switching to direct due to them charging you to switch a room. dish has a win back dept. and they usually will try to work something out.

HAIL!

alright, thanks man, you've been a great help. The rooms aren't close, but my dad and I will go looking around to see if there is a location that we can try and pinpoint, and then invite our friend over to try. Ugh, I just don't get why satellite cannot be like cable in that regards, just wire every room and not charge for it.

Otherwise, I'm sure they will come out for free after we threaten to cancel anyways. We got 2.5 weeks before the new tv comes, so plenty of time. Again, thanks!

Thanks WE!!! I just complained and I got the Superfan. Im still laughing that I was b******* about something I have no problem paying for. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You left more at the table. If you really talk to them, they would have thrown in Showtime and TMC for 6 months as well. :applause:

heh, we called Dish yesterday, just casually said how can we cancel our service, we want to switch to DirecTV. They asked why, we told them cause you are charging us 100$ to add another connection in the house while by switching, we can get it all for free. So they said they will waive that installation fee and come out shortly. These people definitely don't wanna lose customers, and we were fine with Dish anyways!

Alright guys, I got more questions.

Im about to call Direct tv to ask about pricing. I was going to say how I might not join them because of their prices compared to the dish, hopping to get a better deal or somethings for free.

But then my dad told me that the dish and direct t.v are the same thing. So how are they competitors? What is the dish? Is it another service like direct t.v? Do they offer something like the ticket?

I need help A.S.A.P as the season approaching. The first two games are nationally televised so im not that worried.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Dish and DirecTV compete, they are two seperate providers. Maybe Dish isn't in your area, but I thought satellite feeds were independant of area.

Dish does not offer Sunday Ticket, DirecTV has a monopoly on that for another few years (it is ending soon I think). If you want HD, both are comparable price wise, but DirecTV has the Sunday Ticket, which you need.

When you call, just say that you saw Dish's prices were cheaper (they probably won't check) or something. They want customers, old or new. Chances are they will extend something to you in addition to the promos they got going now.

Dish and DirecTV compete, they are two seperate providers. Maybe Dish isn't in your area, but I thought satellite feeds were independant of area.

Dish does not offer Sunday Ticket, DirecTV has a monopoly on that for another few years (it is ending soon I think). If you want HD, both are comparable price wise, but DirecTV has the Sunday Ticket, which you need.

When you call, just say that you saw Dish's prices were cheaper (they probably won't check) or something. They want customers, old or new. Chances are they will extend something to you in addition to the promos they got going now.

Thank you Mr. S!!!!

Im going to call tomorrow after church, hopegully God can get me a good deal. :laugh:

Once again, thanks Mr. S.

Archived