Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

brandon lloyd training camp journal

panthro

Last season, the week before the 9ers bye week a reporter asked Lloyd what he is going to do on his bye week. He told her he is going to 'hang out and clean his hardwood floors'

I fell in love when I heard that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jimmy that is the best ever thanks for sharing!!!

And where exactly is he whining about it?

:doh:

He makes one innocent comment about the carpet and now he's a whiner?

Some people are so soft.

I definately don't see him whining at all, in fact it is making me judge some people's ability to interpret the written word.

He just said it is like a hospital with carpet. That is just a description, and a description that immediately gave me a mental image.

I have heard alot of people talk about brandon not being the #2 reciever we picked him up for. But just in this first report he is already making crazy catches. And others have made comparisons to williams in detriot to Brandon. Can anyone find a highlite video of anything crazy williams did last year? Becasue i saw a two minuter video on youtube of brandon and i don't think williams could cover two minutes.

Since last season ended, a lot of people have been complaining about the lack of news about the team. Now that training camp has started, we should all be salivating at the access we have to the team, be it players or coaching staff.

But, no. We finally get first-hand opinions from a member of the team, and some have to complain about it.

Is there no pleasing some people?

However, I had images flashing through my head when BL stated that he used to stay in the Hilton when at the 9ers. I just hope it wasn't Paris!

Wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, one of the Redskins' top off-season acquisitions, has agreed to provide Redskins.com with a journal during training camp. Here's his first entry:

Wednesday, Aug. 2 (3rd Entry)

Day 2 of Redskins training camp was much better than the first day--partly due to the fact that we had one practice in the morning, so we had a slight breeze and it didn't start to get humid until we were headed off the field.

71220985lloyd2a.jpgBrandon Lloyd (Getty Images) Every day, we are getting better as a team, and that's great because at this point in camp, the focus is solely on the individual positions. It's all about improvement, improvement, improvement.

Coach Al Saunders made a comment in our offensive meetings about the camaraderie among the wide receivers. That is the special thing about Santana Moss, David Patten and James Thrash--those three players from last year welcomed Antwaan [Randle El] and me like we've been playing on the Redskins for the last three years. It says a lot about the importance of winning to them.

Now, the afternoon practice was another story--the breeze at Redskins camp in the evening feels like a summer breeze on Mars. Talk about stuffy!

The second practice was more physical than the first--and the first practice we had full pads on. You see what you fans do to us out there? Yes, our second practice was open to THE BEST fans in the NFL once again and we had a great bunch.

My favorite part was when Santana and I ran out of the locker room to the practice field--we had applause that lasted the length of two football fields...literally. When I got to my place in the stretch line I was downright embarrassed, because I get teased about that.

I just want to take a quick second out of my diary to say that David Patten has a viral infection--it's not too serious--and he has been out of practice the last two days. We all talk about how we miss him. So even though he may not be on the reporters' minds, he is heavy on ours. We can't wait to have him back! You're in our prayers, lil' fella!

Overall, it was a good day of practice. Can we get better? Yes, way better. Hey, because you know what the biggest room in the world is, right? Room for improvement.

It tells you something about the modern NFL that the first priority in training camp is taping the intros for Monday Night Football...

I don't know, maybe it goes on everywhere, but it seems logical to me since they play the first Monday Night game.

He writes well, has a sense of humor, seems to be open, sincere, and confident. And he's giving us a first hand description of TC from the perspective of a participant.

Thanks Brandon. I didn't know much about you, but you've introduced yourself to me, along with thousands of other ESer's, and you've definitely made a good first impression.

Just my two cents.

Writing all those lyrics for his rap career doesn't hurt. :D

B-Lloyd has a song on the last NBA Ballers video game for Xbox, its called "Take it to the Hoop" or something, it comes with a CD of all the music. The game is pretty lame and I returned it, I should have kept the CD so I could upload it though.

It isn't the best hip hop I've ever heard, but it is MUCH better than TO's atrocity. :laugh: He definately has skills on the mic.

Let's not get too nitpicky. He's not really whining as much as pointing out the differences. And he points out positives.

Exactly, Im sure it looks kinda like a retirement home from what he described. He probably isnt used to it. But hey, no dorms, and no roommates? They are lucking out compared to teams that have to stay in dorms WITH a roommate.

I have no doubt that Brandon Lloyd is slighty immature. But, he's definitely intelligent and talented. From what I've seen he's established quite a rapport with Coach Gibbs. Hopefully, he will grow while he's with the Redskins in more ways than one.

Most men his and our age (maybe speaking more for myself here) generally are a little immature. That's not such a bad thing.

Archived