Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man I better stop reading Cowboy boards because I might die laughing

TheGreek1973

This on TO

Latest comments from TO sounds good, I bet he has learned. Drew is a class act and if anyone can gel with TO Drew is the man.

TO has a solid support system in place now. He no longer is the biggest ego on the team. He doesn't run anything around here. He ran San Fran, and he was running Philly , which made McNabb jealous. BP run's this team, and TO will figure that out if he hasn't already. TO will be appreciated here. I think that's all he really want's....money (got it), and respect!!!

Against US

I totally understand you here Sakic. I have taken a vow not to discuss football directly with Skids fan's until after the week 2 Sunday night game. You hit the nail on the head with your comment's. You can rest assured how ever, after that week 2 game, they won't have much to talk about. I guarantee it! And yes................ I am phychic!

Skids come here spewing more garbage than should be allowed. Most of this is based off of their two "Super Bowl" victories last season. You won't find me participating in these war's.....but you will after we stomp the Skids in week two! I'm sorry, it's just building up. I'm really looking forward to trolling that night and the following day. I'm ssssssssooooooooooooo tired of hearing the garbage that comes out of their mouth's. Payback will be, as they say, a *****!!!

Another comment that was so funny was abour Roy Williams. Check it out

Anyone that says Roy "Can't" cover is just plain stupid. He's made many big plays against the pass....picking off QB's, laying our WR and separating the ball, running stride for stride with speedy Wideouts and breaking up the pass, etc. etc.

Now, Roy's game is all about being physical and making huge hits. Thus, sometimes he may get a bit over aggressive and bite on some play action stuff or head upfield a bit too soon trying to kill a RB.

If he has breakdowns it's due to his aggressive style of play. But, with the exception of the Redskins meltdown (which is more on Aaron Glenn) Roy has been more than adequate in coverage.

The Cowboys are like the Yankees, you either love em' or hate em'. Clearly there are some very biased or just plain stupid people out there to make such comments.

All you need to do is break Roy's career to see he's not a liability in coverage. It's simply a case of being a bit too aggressive at times. But that's Roy's style. He'll continue to have an occasional play or two where he's out of position due to this.....but he more than makes up with it through big plays and hits.

Cowboys fan or not, I'll take Roy over any Safety in this league any time any day.

Honestly buddy Santana Moss is also glad you guys would take Roy over any other saftey in the league. :laugh: :laugh:

Hey man, don't laugh at phycics...

All you need to do is break Roy's career to see he's not a liability in coverage. It's simply a case of being a bit too aggressive at times. But that's Roy's style. He'll continue to have an occasional play or two where he's out of position due to this.....but he more than makes up with it through big plays and hits.

So, basically, RW is not a liability in coverage...unless you run a play action. Then he's a dead duck.

So, I guess the reason Santana beat him on that 4th and 15 play with the Redskins trailing by 13 with 4 minutes to go was because he was going after the RB. Well, that's forgiveable...

"Clearly there are some very biased or just plain stupid people out there to make such comments."

Haha I think this guy hit it on the head. Biased and stupid... I love how they can't seem to admit to certain things. Oh wait here's another one:

"Skids come here spewing more garbage than should be allowed. Most of this is based off of their two "Super Bowl" victories last season. You won't find me participating in these war's.....but you will after we stomp the Skids in week two!"

You can't participate in it because YOU LOST... Get over it. Seems like he wants to take the high road, its just that he has nothing to discuss, because they were handled. Ehh we have our group of homers too though... :doh:

Another comment that was so funny was abour Roy Williams. Check it out

Anyone that says Roy "Can't" cover is just plain stupid. He's made many big plays against the pass....picking off QB's, laying our WR and separating the ball, running stride for stride with speedy Wideouts and breaking up the pass, etc. etc.

Now, Roy's game is all about being physical and making huge hits. Thus, sometimes he may get a bit over aggressive and bite on some play action stuff or head upfield a bit too soon trying to kill a RB.

If he has breakdowns it's due to his aggressive style of play. But, with the exception of the Redskins meltdown (which is more on Aaron Glenn) Roy has been more than adequate in coverage.

The Cowboys are like the Yankees, you either love em' or hate em'. Clearly there are some very biased or just plain stupid people out there to make such comments.

Cowboys fan or not, I'll take Roy over any Safety in this league any time any day.

This is a rather true assessment... outside of the bottom sentence. I certainly wouldn't take Roy over any safety in the league.

They sound like all the Eagles fans in 2004 claiming that TO would change since he was playing on a better team with a chance of winning a title. Blah, blah, blah.

I think he has even less chance of success in Dallas than he did in Philly. Philly used the same offense as SF with a better QB, OL, everything. And he still couldn't handle it. Whats going to happen when Bledsoe can't stay away from the rush long enough to get the ball to TO? Or if Bledsoe passes to Glenn 4-5 times a game instead of getting TO his 6-7 catches? Or when they run the ball inside the 20 instead of passing to TO on 1st 2nd and 3rd downs (meaning that TO will likely have no more than 7-8 TD's on the year.

While I agree his coverage skills arn't the best. He *IS* a strong safety *NOT* a free safety. He also *IS* the hardest hitting safety in the league. You can talk all kinds of smack but that doesn't change the fact. You say Moss thanks him. I say Moss won't come over the middle with Williams standing guard. Otherwise he could be thanking Williams for the rest of the day off.

You laugh at the Cowboys fans and call them stupid. I say it's just blinded homerism just like what gets spewed around here. (blinded Redskin homerism)

What teams better can't be extracted by homer spewing fans on a web forum, it can only be settled on the field.

This in this thread I laugh at:

This is a rather true assessment... outside of the bottom sentence. I certainly wouldn't take Roy over any safety in the league.

Sheer stupidiy based out of homerism.

"Clearly there are some very biased or just plain stupid people out there to make such comments."

Haha I think this guy hit it on the head. Biased and stupid... I love how they can't seem to admit to certain things.

Exactly how so many Redskins fans sound also. I don't include all fans from any team as there are always some level-headed fans, but chronicdesi and Bryan_Randall arn't one of them...

While I agree his coverage skills arn't the best. He *IS* a strong safety *NOT* a free safety. He also *IS* the hardest hitting safety in the league. You can talk all kinds of smack but that doesn't change the fact. You say Moss thanks him. I say Moss won't come over the middle with Williams standing guard. Otherwise he could be thanking Williams for the rest of the day off.

You laugh at the Cowboys fans and call them stupid. I say it's just blinded homerism just like what gets spewed around here. (blinded Redskin homerism)

What teams better can't be extracted by homer spewing fans on a web forum, it can only be settled on the field.

This in this thread I laugh at:

Sheer stupidiy based out of homerism.

Exactly how so many Redskins fans sound also. I don't include all fans from any team as there are always some level-headed fans, but chronicdesi and Bryan_Randall arn't one of them...

Read his assesment of Roy Williams again before you post. I was pointing out the fact that this guy claims Roy Williams is great in coverage when he isn't faked out by a play action. Any player can be good in coverage when the team doesn't disguise or hide the play. His assesment is biased.

Now go back and re-read some of my contributions to this board. I am not biased because I am a 'skins fan. Before you talk research.

This in this thread I laugh at

Your right, last year is perfect evidence of that, first game was lucky. What is your explanation for game two?

Hey man, don't laugh at phycics...

So, basically, RW is not a liability in coverage...unless you run a play action. Then he's a dead duck.

So, I guess the reason Santana beat him on that 4th and 15 play with the Redskins trailing by 13 with 4 minutes to go was because he was going after the RB. Well, that's forgiveable...

Exactly what I was thinking. First off you know its a pass and secondly its 4TH and 15!! I don't know how many safeties in the league would have let that happen, but I'm glad he did.

Hmmmmm, you went on a Cowboys message board and found "biased" opinions about the Cowboys. Now let's see, what other board have I seen that happen on?

Yes, this one along with every other message board of every other team I've visited.

I just don't know why people are surprised to find homerism on a team's message board. Are fans supposed to say how much their team is going to suck?

Terrell Owens had a pretty good team from what I remember when he played in San Francisco. They were supposed to be the beginning of the next dynasty if I remember right. So, what happened? Philly was a damn good football team and well respected as I seem to remember. Along the lines of the way Carolina is respected now. Then last year they self-destructed. Owens isn't a smart guy, he is a SPOILER. If Dallas starts doing really well with Owens in the fold then he will start getting nuts again. He can really bring a team up in a crescendo, anyone who watches him play knows it. Then he can't stand anyone but him getting accolades. He only hated McNabb because people were giving him attention that Owens wanted for himself. I think Owens is jealous of players like McNabb. Deion Sanders is cut from the same fabric. I saw him avoiding huddles in Washington lining up by himself on the corner during huddles. It was very weird and it didn't work whatever he was trying to achieve by doing it. Mark my words, as soon as they have success with him, their fate will be the same as Owens' last two teams. I relish the thought. Make a deal with the devil and lose your soul. Nice to see the guy who tinkled on their star take the whole city down.

']Hmmmmm' date=' you went on a Cowboys message board and found "biased" opinions about the Cowboys. Now let's see, what other board have I seen that happen on?

Yes, this one along with every other message board of every other team I've visited.

I just don't know why people are surprised to find homerism on a team's message board. Are fans supposed to say how much their team is going to suck?[/quote']

Tom I know what your are getting at. But look at you (and my posts). I would never say that hey man ST is the only one on earth for me. As you will never say Eli is 10 times better than his brother. Honestly I posted this because I have may cowboy fans at work and to a T they think they are going to the SB because of TO. Nevermind that this guy has been a cancer to every team he has been so far who can anyone justify by picking up a receiver without a OL you are going to go to the SB? Don't they see what happened to Oakland last year with Randy Moss?

The average cowpie fan is like a little teenage girl who thinks that she can be the one to change the bad boy. "He'll be different on our team." Terrell Owens will take down this franchise and we all know it. It's a matter of when, not if.

The average cowpie fan is like a little teenage girl who thinks that she can be the one to change the bad boy. "He'll be different on our team." Terrell Owens will take down this franchise and we all know it. It's a matter of when, not if.

:rolleyes:MeanMuggin.jpg

Wow imagine that! A homer fan board.... and better yet, they probably don't think they're homers!

I find this very funny because either:

a) you don't realize that Bryan Randall is a cowboy's fan (so much for homerism)

or

B) you just hate your own kind

Speaking of dying laughing check out the mug on the Cowboys' 7th round pick Pat Mcquistan

McQuistan_Pat_1501.jpg

I guess Gibbs was right after all with his remarks towards Dallas last season!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what the hell is that???

Cowboys and their fans = pathetic

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

crack me up, whydontcha!

the best part of last season's sweep isn't even that the Skins beat the girls...it's listening to all the girls fans explaining it away...to them, those two losses are like crop circles!

I wouldn't take Roy over several safeties, including Taylor, Adrian Wilson, Troy Polomalu, Ed Reed, Rodney Harrison, not to mention others.

Archived