Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man I better stop reading Cowboy boards because I might die laughing

TheGreek1973

I'm tired of all this talk. I want the season to start. **** the Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of hearing fans of Dallas talk about payback. We aint even got started paying them back yet. Last year was just the beginning. All I hear from Cowboys fans is " We got T.O. !!!!!!! We got T.O." **** T.O.!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been counting down days till the season starts. I'm tired of the Media,Talkradio, Nfl network,Reporters, Stupid ass Football books and ESPN hypeing the Cowboys. Some idiot on 980 yesterday mourning said that we would be just 500. Is this cat smoking dope. We are the best team in our division. Hands down!!. I respect the Giants and will give the props. I think they are going to be a good football team. We will battle with the Giants to win our division. Philly and Dallas? Dont see it happening Yo!!! Collin Cow turd said on the radio this mourning that "the eagles would be in the Superbowl" He is on dope too!!!!!! :cuss:

I'm tired of all this talk. I want the season to start. **** the Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of hearing fans of Dallas talk about payback. We aint even got started paying them back yet. Last year was just the beginning. All I hear from Cowboys fans is " We got T.O. !!!!!!! We got T.O." **** T.O.!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been counting down days till the season starts. I'm tired of the Media,Talkradio, Nfl network,Reporters, Stupid ass Football books and ESPN hypeing the Cowboys. Some idiot on 980 yesterday mourning said that we would be just 500. Is this cat smoking dope. We are the best team in our division. Hands down!!. I respect the Giants and will give the props. I think they are going to be a good football team. We will battle with the Giants to win our division. Philly and Dallas? Dont see it happening Yo!!! Collin Cow turd said on the radio this mourning that "the eagles would be in the Superbowl" He is on dope too!!!!!! :cuss:

I hear you. The season needs to start. Im dying! I somehow ended up by FedEx the other day and saw the stadium and got chills. 46 days 5 hours and 34 minutes left!

The average cowpie fan is like a little teenage girl who thinks that she can be the one to change the bad boy. "He'll be different on our team." Terrell Owens will take down this franchise and we all know it. It's a matter of when, not if.

Yeah, and when T.O. does blow up and the Cowboys end up 6-10 and in last place in the NFC East, it will be like the little teenage girl finding out that she is pregnant by the bad boy right after he gets sent to prison for life after a triple murder :laugh:

Hey man, don't laugh at phycics...

So, basically, RW is not a liability in coverage...unless you run a play action. Then he's a dead duck.

So, I guess the reason Santana beat him on that 4th and 15 play with the Redskins trailing by 13 with 4 minutes to go was because he was going after the RB. Well, that's forgiveable...

If only it were true.

"It wasn't really his play," Parcells said, especially in reference to the 39-yarder when the Redskins lined up a receiver in the slot inside of Moss.

Glenn, meanwhile, admitted he played aggressively on the second pass to Moss, which gave Washington a one-point lead with 2:44 left.

"I was on top of the route and I made a very bad decision to go for the interception," said Glenn

And as far as Roy being a liability in pass coverage, these two experts who watch film of every NFL game and chart DB's disagree

"No one expects Roy Williams to be great in coverage but the best measure of his coverage skills might be how he did against deep passes. Williams was solid on these passes, with a 70% success rate and a #14 ranking in the overall safety metric. Not great numbers, but not a bad tradeoff for the upside Williams gives the team against the run.” - Joyner (http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums...ht=vela+joyner)
Roy Williams does not deserve all of the criticism he receives for his poor pass coverage. His Stop Rate of 43% ranked 6th among all safeties involved in at least 40 passing plays. Williams' biggest problem in pass coverage is that he gets little help from Keith Davis - Pro Football Prospectus 2006

Yeah, I don't know what those Cowboys fans were thinking :doh:

Rich.........

Speaking of dying laughing check out the mug on the Cowboys' 7th round pick Pat Mcquistan

McQuistan_Pat_1501.jpg

I guess Gibbs was right after all with his remarks towards Dallas last season!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :geek: :geek: :geek: :wtf::wtf:

Dude next time give us a warning before you post that type of horror . :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tom I know what your are getting at. But look at you (and my posts). I would never say that hey man ST is the only one on earth for me. As you will never say Eli is 10 times better than his brother. Honestly I posted this because I have may cowboy fans at work and to a T they think they are going to the SB because of TO. Nevermind that this guy has been a cancer to every team he has been so far who can anyone justify by picking up a receiver without a OL you are going to go to the SB? Don't they see what happened to Oakland last year with Randy Moss?

you may not say it, but I sure as hell will.....ST is the only man on earth for me....Being taken 5th overall as a safety is unheard of and since that day he has proved his worth on the football field. The guy is a talent that only comes along once in a while and the Redskins were lucky enough to get him. If he wasn't on the Skins, I would hate to play him and wish that he was ours.

While I agree his coverage skills arn't the best. He *IS* a strong safety *NOT* a free safety. He also *IS* the hardest hitting safety in the league. You can talk all kinds of smack but that doesn't change the fact. You say Moss thanks him. I say Moss won't come over the middle with Williams standing guard. Otherwise he could be thanking Williams for the rest of the day off.

You laugh at the Cowboys fans and call them stupid. I say it's just blinded homerism just like what gets spewed around here. (blinded Redskin homerism)

What teams better can't be extracted by homer spewing fans on a web forum, it can only be settled on the field.

This in this thread I laugh at:

Sheer stupidiy based out of homerism.

Exactly how so many Redskins fans sound also. I don't include all fans from any team as there are always some level-headed fans, but chronicdesi and Bryan_Randall arn't one of them...

How exactly was what Bryan_Randall said "sheer stupidity based out of homerism."?

He agreed with Greek's assessment that Roy was a very good safety, but said he wouldnt take Roy over any safety in the league.

He definitely cant be a homer for agreeing that Roy was a good safety with some weaknesses. So therefore he must be a homer because he refuses to take Roy over ANY other safety out there?? What a clueless donkey.

While I agree his coverage skills arn't the best. He *IS* a strong safety *NOT* a free safety. He also *IS* the hardest hitting safety in the league. You can talk all kinds of smack but that doesn't change the fact. You say Moss thanks him. I say Moss won't come over the middle with Williams standing guard. Otherwise he could be thanking Williams for the rest of the day off.

You laugh at the Cowboys fans and call them stupid. I say it's just blinded homerism just like what gets spewed around here. (blinded Redskin homerism)

What teams better can't be extracted by homer spewing fans on a web forum, it can only be settled on the field.

This in this thread I laugh at:

Sheer stupidiy based out of homerism.

Exactly how so many Redskins fans sound also. I don't include all fans from any team as there are always some level-headed fans, but chronicdesi and Bryan_Randall arn't one of them...

You wanna talk about stupidity? Well your dumbass couldnt figure out that Bryan_Randall is a Cowboys fan. After all, he does have a picture of Sean Taylor getting beat deep by a Cowboys for six.:doh:

BTW, RW *IS NOT* the hardest hitting safety in the league. That is not a fact that is your opinion. Most of his big hits are either horse collar tackles, helmet to helmet or some other cheap/illegal hit.

While RW is a Strong Safety he STILL IS A SAFETY. Safetys are also expected to cover every once in a while so I dont see how you guys try to make an excuse for his poor coverage skills by saying he is a Strong Safety.

Safetys are also expected to cover every once in a while so I dont see how you guys try to make an excuse for his poor coverage skills by saying he is a Strong Safety.

There's no reason to make an excuse. He's solid in coverage. Two of the biggest unbiased game charting sources of NFL play have shown that his coverage skills are far from being poor. Just see my post above.

Rich...........

There's no reason to make an excuse. He's solid in coverage. Two of the biggest unbiased game charting sources of NFL play have shown that his coverage skills are far from being poor. Just see my post above.

Rich...........

No he is not. I dont care what that says I've seen him get beat too many times to say he is solid in coverage. Even most homer Cowboys fans say that he is not good in coverage.

No he is not. I dont care what that says I've seen him get beat too many times to say he is solid in coverage. Even most homer Cowboys fans say that he is not good in coverage.

Yep, that's logical reasoning. You have two sources that watch and chart EVERY defensive back and EVERY safety in the entire NFL and have put together the math and it shows that Roy is solid in coverage. But a Skins fan has seen him beat in coverage before. I'll take what the Skins fan has to say.

Rich......................

has seen Sean Taylor whiff on tackles, he must suck against the run. To hell with what everybody else says.

Yep, that's logical reasoning. You have two sources that watch and chart EVERY defensive back and EVERY safety in the entire NFL and have put together the math and it shows that Roy is solid in coverage. But a Skins fan has seen him beat in coverage before. I'll take what the Skins fan has to say.

Rich......................

has seen Sean Taylor whiff on tackles, he must suck against the run. To hell with what everybody else says.

That stat was only on deep balls. No where does it say that he was solid in coverage. Dont make **** up out of nowhere.

Skins4481...............................

has seen Roy Williams get flipped over trying to tackle Clinton Portis. has also seen him get owned by Chris Brown. He must suck at tackling.

(I cant believe you referred to yourself in the 3rd person).:doh:

That stat was only on deep balls.

Apparently you can't read bold type.

and a #14 ranking in the overall safety metric

That means coverage wise he finished 14th overall for safeties. There's at least 32 safeties that Joyner covered (and probably much more than that) and Roy finished 14th overall. Not great, certainly not bad. Solid seems to be the appropriate verbage.

And according to Pro Football Prospectus, he finished 6th for safeties in pass stop percentage.

Yep, he sucks alright.

Rich..........

That means coverage wise he finished 14th overall for safeties. There's at least 32 safeties that Joyner covered (and probably much more than that) and Roy finished 14th overall. Not great, certainly not bad. Solid seems to be the appropriate verbage.

And according to Pro Football Prospectus, he finished 6th for safeties in pass stop percentage.

Considering that many hail Roy Williams as an elite safety, I would consider "solid" to be bad. Still, I don't think Williams is a bad safety, just overrated. He is, in my opinion, a great safety who gets overhyped because of a few big hits he lays every few weeks.

But overall, all this trolling is useless. I just can't wait until the season starts.

Archived