Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you think [The Cowboys will do this year]?

BigDRulez3141

That's fine

I made a sig awhile back for a bet that read "We want Dallas, We want Dallas...."

Then it listed the scores of the 14 of 15 wins for Dallas

"Be careful what you wish for"

I can always update it to be 16 of 19 :D

Bring it!:redpunch:

Yes. I said Roy Williams is one dimensional. He is. Terrence Newman CANT cover #1s. Anyone who watches Cowboys games can see this(provided they have no silver & blue glasses on). Anthony Henry is average. Just because you guys gave him a huge contract doesnt make him great.

Yes, he can. The evidence is in the game tape.

I guess all the writers who listed him as a top NFL corner have those blue and silver glasses too, huh? :rolleyes:

Anthony Henry was on pace to lead the league in INTs last year before he was injured. He gave up 1 TD in the 8 games he started before injury, that was to Brandon Lloyd.

Larry Allen sucked. I hate to say that about a guy who contributed so much for us over the years, but he's just slow. He has one power punch, and then he's useless after that. I'd much rather have the better athleticism of Kosier. Whether he's better than Allen or not, we don't know, but I'm willing to take that risk.

Dallas' secondary was bad towards the end of the season because of the loss of Anthony Henry. Henry was a solid player (yes, he had a bad game or two), but he came out in big ways in close games. He got an INT against the Giants at the Dallas 1 yard line, which proved to be the difference in the game (among other things). Then, he injured that pesky groin against Arizona, and our passing defense was never the same. Seeing Aaron Glenn own Plaxico Burress did bring a smile to my face though....

The passing game will be strong, and call me a homer, but I think this will help the run game, and possibly the OL. You don't wanna bull rush in the risk of getting burnt, right?

The thing that makes me think we'll be fine though, is that last year, our OL had two turnstiles at OT, and we still mustered a 9-7 season. To tell you the truth, our OL can't be much worse than it was last year.

PS: To other posters: I don't understand the Giant hate. I think this is gonna be a 3-horse race until the end of the season.

You must of not watched the same games I watched, of course you'll say you watched everything. But after the loss of Flozell, Larry was the best O-lineman on the team and everytime you guys got a nice run or even time to pass, I saw Larry leading the charge. My best friend is a diehard Cowgirl fan and even he's not that big of a homer to say the loss of Larry won't hurt. Sorry dude, but I know quite a few Cowboy fans living in OKC and they mentioned how Larry was the only positive play they had on the O-line. Yes Larry is old and not as athletic anymore but he is still the strongest Olineman in the league and he showed that time after time last year.

Remember, I'm a Skins fan and I can even admit that Larry was still dominating his men last season, I would see him blocking downfield and pancaking guys.

Sorry dude but Larry was 1 of the few positives, if not the only positive, you guys had on the O-line last year.

I guess all the writers who listed him as a top NFL corner have those blue and silver glasses too, huh? :rolleyes:

Anthony Henry was on pace to lead the league in INTs last year before he was injured. He gave up 1 TD in the 8 games he started before injury, that was to Brandon Lloyd.

After just looking at his stats, I would think he is a top NFL corner too. But once you realize that most of the time he was playing no.2s, you'd realize he aint that great.

I dont care how many INTs he was 'on pace' for. First of all, just because he was on pace to doesnt mean he was going to. Second, Ty Law had 10 INTs last year but he kept getting beat and ran over. I'm not just basing what I say on stats alone. I am basing what I say on what I have also seen.

Henry's goin to see an extra dosage of Lloyd this yr. Can't wait to hear some more excuses after this season.

Whats going to be the excuse for losing this yr to the Skins?

O-line?

rbs?

Drew?

T.O.?

Parcells?

:laugh: :dallasuck

Henry's goin to see an extra dosage of Lloyd this yr. Can't wait to hear some more excuses after this season.

Whats going to be the excuse for losing this yr to the Skins?

O-line?

rbs?

Drew?

T.O.?

Parcells?

:laugh: :dallasuck

F.)All of the above.

First of all Terence Newman CAN cover #1 recievers, i wish some people would watch the games before making stupid remarks like that.

Second of all, we signed henry to cover bigger recievers like TO(While with the Eagles) and Plaxico, not speed guys like Steve Smith or Santana Moss. Our corners are set (barring injury) and if you watch the games you cannot argue that.

The O-line is definately the biggest weakness on the team, but you cannot say we are worse off than last year. We do not have Torrin Tucker starting at the LT(Flozell Adams)that is a positive. We lost an old,slow, very strong LG in Larry Allen, and went to a smaller,quicker guy in Kyle Kosier, this could work out to be a positive, but for right now we lost a future hall-of-famer so ill say it will have an even effect. At Center we have Al Johnson who has been said to have gotten bigger and in better shape, and with a year more of experience under his belt he should be better than last year. At RG we have an aging veteran who was injured last year, hopefully he has healed that up and there is now way he does worse than last year, considering how bad he was. and at RT we will not have a 6th round rookie satrting anymore. Petitti is bigger and in better shape than last year to and same with Johnson, a year more of experience will help him.

So in all our corners can cover and our line is improved, we will not be worse than last year.

The Pokes YPA (yards per attempt) on pass plays was 15th in the league at 6.71 yards. They were #27 in yards per catch, giving up an avg. of 12.2 yards.

that means they gave up a lot of deep balls

The Pokes gave up 18 passing TD's,

according to poke fans Newman supposedly didn't give up any, and Henry supposedly only gave up 1, and suposedly Williams only 1 or 2... Then who in the hell gave up the other 15???!!!

come on, lets be a little realistic here

So in all our corners can cover and our line is improved, we will not be worse than last year.

See above stats about your DB's

and I can't agree your OLine improved any. I know it is chic' for poke fans to bad mouth Larry Allen now that he is a 49er, but no matter how much you spin it he was still your best lineman last season, and he has been with Adams for several seasons. He is a loss that is not easily replaced... especially by a journeyman OLman like Kosier.. who is playing for his third team in three years. He is not an upgrade. Fabini isn't a lock at the other tackle according to some sources, and he has a habit of giving up sacks.

one report about your OT situation:

Offensive tackle: This might not appear to be a need with the signing Jason Fabini to start opposite Flozell Adams. However, Adams and Fabini are both on the wrong side of 30 and coming off season-ending injuries. In addition, the Jets released Fabini for good reason. He has had problems staying healthy and holding up in pass protection. Depth is also an issue. Jacob Rogers was released, Torrin Tucker was signed to an offer sheet by the Buccaneers and Rob Petitti was a liability in pass protection. Dallas needs to improve the depth and add a tackle who can push Fabini for playing time.

Adams is coming off a knee injury that usually takes a full season and a half to get back to near normal, and even when healthy, he at times was inconsistent, and no longer has Allen to cover him., Rivera is only a shell of the player from his packer days, he's only gotten older, and it's hard to see him suddenly get younger. For all Wittens talents ( I love the kid, a former Vol) he has never been a blocking TE. Plus you released Campbell, and will probably be starting a rookie in his place.

You will have 2 new starters, and a rookie TE, even in a perfect world, it takes times for an OL to mesh, and work as a single unit, and not make mistakes, learning to work together etc... the more new players the longer it takes. Next to QB, OL probably take the longest to adjust to a new team/offense

My biggste worry for the Boys is the O line and the team charactor which cannot be made better with the loss of the likes of Dat Nygen and Larry Allen even Keyshawn ... I have to say the toughest game the skins played down the stretch last year was the Eagles game, last game of the season ...and they were packed out with back ups and replacements but the Boys i dunno they seem to fold like cheap furniture down the stretch and that rams game was embaressing . Okay so they had nothing to play for then but we beat the playoff bound Vikes the year before and as i said the Eagles put up a hell of a fight .

For the Cowboys to do well Bledsoe has to show some of his great form and strike up a fantasitc relationship with Owens . They need the emergence of a good running game or they are going to be like the eagles last year airing it out 60-70% of the time to take some of the heat off and despite how good the TEs are and the defence front 7 - the two major stenghts and areas of youth movement, I don't see that being a counter for the glaring weaknesses else where including the secondary which has been set up to beat the taller slower possetion recivers eveyone and his dog seems to think the Skins are so in need of .

Summary

Possitives

Owens cannot be discounted despite not playing a full seaosn in the last two years he has skill but he is also aging and he does not strike me as a Jerry Rice/tim Brown ageless type.

Witten and Frenso Fantastic TE's potentially a strength of the team

The D front seven - even with the loss of Glover and the disgrunteled Elis this looks to be a force with Canty, DeWare and Fugerson ..sorry about the spelling).

Negatives

Owens - Are his talents up in the real wold still as good as he likes to think they are? Will he be a driving force in the locker room pushing people forward or will his attitude and me first mentality just add to the rifts that started showing last year. I cannot see him having the same kind of melt down he had in Philly ... that wasn't all one sidded though either. I think Jones is in much better possition than the meaker Lourries (SP?) to take on Owens in the press.

O-line : It keeps comming back to this. Okay even if the additions to the line work out fantastically in terms of indivual talent and they each play better than the last years starters they still have to mesh . Part of the 04 Skins troubles were not just that Jansen went down but the instability that caused as the line was shuffled around . With Allen gone the Cowboys have their first new starter at LG for what 10 years? Chemistry meens something or the O-line and I just dont see it withthe boys.

Running game : Julius jones was the steel of the 03 draft many where saying but now we might be seing why he was a round 2 pick and why Steven Jackson would be many GM's back of choice out of the two if they had to pick now . There are questions about every team in the secondary in the NFCE (possible exception of the Eagles if they go back to 04 form) but there is no question that the NFCE teams traditionally play the run hard both offensivly and defensivly and having a glass like feature back and abunch of scrubs isn't the best situation to be in especially considering the requirment to take some pressure of the passing game otherwise you are going to end up with an 8 man rush nearly every down...belive use we know how this happens (see steve Spurrier years - lousy o-line scheme no runnig game = painful to watch football)

Coaching : With Payton gone there was no real move in the offense to replace him . Now Parcells is if what we are told is tru the GM, HC and OC/Play caller : That is a lot to do especially when you are thinking about this being his last year in the job. Sure he will want to go out on a high but when the chips are down and the team starts to turn inwards is he going to have the passion to really turn the team around if he is already halfway out the door himself ?

Anyway final prediction ....tough to call - I cannot see them running out to a 14-2, 13-3 season the key players have to many age and injury question marks... I also don't see a 5-11 season though if things went really bad nothing is out of the question. I am going to whip out and give a margin of 6-10 bad to 9-7 good maybe 10-6 and a wild card.

But hey I am a redskins hommer like everyone else on thei ...ermmm skins board ...owned by the team ...endorced by the owner .....

Cowboys are a tough team but I think the key is keeping Bledsoe healthy. The word is out on the boys, all you have to do is get to the QB and you can beat the boys. Besides, if they dont protect Bledsoe while everyone is going after him you will be looking at starting Tony Romo sits to pee, and no Cowboy fan or TO wants to see that. My prediction is the Cowboys will start out strong but once they hit the hard strech to finish the season, things will fall apart. 8-8.

Larry Allen sucked. I hate to say that about a guy who contributed so much for us over the years, but he's just slow. He has one power punch, and then he's useless after that. I'd much rather have the better athleticism of Kosier. Whether he's better than Allen or not, we don't know, but I'm willing to take that risk.

After reading through the posts I had to come back to this one. This a harsh yet accurate statement about a great player. So many times fans get caught up in what a player was, not what he is. I still think your Oline is a weakness, but for the salary cap hit you would have taken with Allen, dallas made the correct move.

The Pokes YPA (yards per attempt) on pass plays was 15th in the league at 6.71 yards. They were #27 in yards per catch, giving up an avg. of 12.2 yards.

according to poke fans Newman supposedly didn't give up any, and Henry supposedly only gave up 1, and suposedly Williams only 1 or 2... Then who in the hell gave up the other 15???!!!

A good question, and I have an answer:

Aaron Glenn gave up 4, Williams gave up 1, Henry gave up 1, Keith Davis gave up 6 (Did I mention he sucks balls? :doh: ), Jacques Reeves gave up 1, Bradie James gave up 1, Dat Nguyen gave up one. That's 15 right there, I'd have to look into it further to find the last 3.

Like I have said one million times this division is wide open any of the teams can win it Skins, Cowboys, Giants and yes even the Eagles. It's going to come down to a few things one in particular health. I think all these teams have to say healthy to have a shot.

Always good to have some good fortune have the ball bounce your way. How the new players jell with their new teams.

pass Def. Dallas 192.7 wash 192.6

completions over 20 yards Dallas 41 Wash 44

completions over 40 yards Dallas 8 Wash 9

completion% Dallas 54.7 Washing 54.4

Dallas gave up 18 TD's in 16 games and the Skins 15 in 16......Wow scary to see how close those two teams were, but Dallas sucked and washington was great???

Dallas needs to be respected. I think Dallas has a good d-line,a QB who can kill you if given the right situation,decent running game,secondary and a MUCH improved kicking game(everyone seems to discount this). All that being said I was surprised at their late season collapse last year. I just learned a long time ago to respect Bill Parcells. I believe Redskins,Cowboys,Giants fight to the finish with each team a key injury away from falling out of the divisional race.

First of all Terence Newman CAN cover #1 recievers, i wish some people would watch the games before making stupid remarks like that.

Second of all, we signed henry to cover bigger recievers like TO(While with the Eagles) and Plaxico, not speed guys like Steve Smith or Santana Moss. Our corners are set (barring injury) and if you watch the games you cannot argue that.

The O-line is definately the biggest weakness on the team, but you cannot say we are worse off than last year. We do not have Torrin Tucker starting at the LT(Flozell Adams)that is a positive. We lost an old,slow, very strong LG in Larry Allen, and went to a smaller,quicker guy in Kyle Kosier, this could work out to be a positive, but for right now we lost a future hall-of-famer so ill say it will have an even effect. At Center we have Al Johnson who has been said to have gotten bigger and in better shape, and with a year more of experience under his belt he should be better than last year. At RG we have an aging veteran who was injured last year, hopefully he has healed that up and there is now way he does worse than last year, considering how bad he was. and at RT we will not have a 6th round rookie satrting anymore. Petitti is bigger and in better shape than last year to and same with Johnson, a year more of experience will help him.

We're talkin about O-lineman and you think Kosier is an upgrade over Larry Allen? :laugh:

Kosier is smaller, quicker, and weaker then Larry, if anything you guys should be lining him up at TE, not guard. The loss of Larry will hurt your running game no matter how much you spin it bro.

Dallas gave up 18 TD's in 16 games and the Skins 15 in 16......Wow scary to see how close those two teams were, but Dallas sucked and washington was great???

We played 18 games last yr, not 16. Our overall D was ranked 9th and the Cowgirls were what?

Only difference between the Cowboys and the Skins last yr was we SWEPT Dallas and made the playoffs, and Dallas CHOKED, and sat and watched the playoffs at home. :laugh:

I watched Brandon Lloyd make Newman look like a rookie all over again, and remember Lloyd is really only a #2 wr, right? :doh:

We lost an old,slow, very strong LG in Larry Allen, and went to a smaller,quicker guy in Kyle Kosier, this could work out to be a positive

Losing the most dominate O-lineman on your team last year is a positive? :laugh:

Gotta luv these Dallas fans!

The best O-lines in league are the ones who stick together, usually the teams that have different O-lineman starting from yr to yr have trouble, just a fact. Expect Dallas to look alot like they did last year, and Dallas fans better pray that Flozell doesn't go down again, (b/c of his injury) it sounds like the only reason you guys lost any games last year. :dallasuck

We played 18 games last yr, not 16. Our overall D was ranked 9th and the Cowgirls were what?

yes but that was 15 ts in the 16 reg. season, so total it was 16 TDis in 18 games.....oh and overall D

Washington 9- 297.9

Dallas 10-300.9

so on Defense we sucked and the skkins were great right?

Archived