Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

will rocky start?

hammer3489

2) Carlos Rogers was still rehabbing from his hairline fracture in his foot and was way out of game shape still (ie: getting burned in the Cinci game).

Don't forget that Rocky is also coming off of arthroscopic surgery so he may be limited early in camp.

I would say the chances of Rocky starting from Day 1 are very small. That doesn't mean he won't see significant action though and by the end of the year he should be the full-time starter.

I am pretty sure that he will not start right away but midway into the season IMO he will(unless if Holdman is playing great which I doubt). Also I am wondering on Chris Clemons. That guy seemed to be really impressive when he was playing last year.

GW has been praising Rocky plenty too, don't forget that he has. I believe his words were "Rocky has done things at the LB position that no other LBer I've ever coached had been able to do"

He then went on to say it was all without pads (Holdman included) and that Training Camp will be where the real decision is to be made. We are all just speculating on very little substance right now.

God I can't wait for preseason. I remember by week three of preseason last year I was so annoyed at the way those games go, I would kill to be that annoyed right now. :laugh:

Either Rocky or Holdman could all of a sudden struggle once the Olineman are allowed to get physical with them.

BTW Clemons is the #1 backup for Marcus on the strong side and is no longer in the WLB running. WLB requires good cover skills in this defense and Clemons just doesn't have that, he will be good on the strong side, especially when Marcus is lined up at DE like they said he will be sometimes this year.

I would gamble to say no. Depth at corner is a concern, we don't really know how Springs will hold up over the course of the season or just how good Kenny Wright will perform at nickel and maybe at starter if he has to, and of course there's Ade Jimoh, who is a spirited and improving player, but would be fairly shaky in just the nickel role, let alone a starting role.

Wait a minute, are you saying that a player who was a starting corner on a very good defensive team will have problems playing the nickel role in our defense? I don't understand this reservation.

Ade Jimoh now as it stands is our fourth corner and a solid special teamer. He played nickel several times last year and was very solid, I'm not sure where you get the idea that he would be fairly shakey if he was put on full time Nickel coverage. If he is thrust in a starting role we have some issues with health anyway and no team is 5 corners deep with any of the five being able to start.

I would love to see Rocky start just to shut everyone up about:

"GW doesn't start rookies" :laugh:

Seriously, I hope Rocky proves to be the exception to the GW rookie rule, as it were. We've all heard glowing reports about Rocky in the OTAs. Let's hope he recovers from his minor surgery and proves he is capable enough to start by GWs standards, then takes the NFL by storm. What's not to like about that? :)

Threads like this should really wait for camp to get rolling. Most posters here have never even seen the kid play. With the limited exposure I had of him by watching some college ball on Saturdays, I'd have to say he does have a chance to start. Even if it's not right away I feel he'll be the locked in starter by week 8.

This could all change with what transpires in camp.

I think both Rocky and Holdman are being praised early on to spark some good competition in TC. I do think Holdman will be the starter at the beginning of the season, splitting time with Rocky. Hopefully he impresses enough early on to earn the spot so I dont have to worry about Holdman missing tackles and being out of position again this year.

Archived