Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stephen Davis

Passizle

I am aware that Stephen is getting on in years and is injury prone, but if he'd take the league minimum I'd cut Lumsden for him in a second. He could be GREAT insurance against a Portis injury and I truly don't see Ladell as a playoff RB. Our window of opportunity for greatness under Gibbs is not a big one. I don't think it'll happen, mind you- but I'd pick up Stephen Davis.

Remember- Gerald Riggs was brought in toward the end of his career. We ended up needing him and he ended up enjoying a "2nd career" here.

Won't happen, but I'd do it for the right price.

I agree 100%

That was not my question. I was just speculating on haveing him retire a redskin. He spent the better part of his carrer pounding the ball for us and I think he still has a lot of fans here.

I remember going to art monk football camp way back and Stephen Davis being an egotistical idiot who wouldnt say two words to us. Brian Mitchell on the other hand talked let we were his kids for hours. He would bring a huddle of us to him while davis stayed by the car throwing a football to someone that came with him.

Never been a fan since.

Davis wasn't exactly Marshall Faulk when he was over here though.

I'd probably like to see him signed, just so he can retire a Redskin.

Retire a Redskin? I don't see any logic in this at all. Wasn't his stay with the panthers longer than ours? If not, I'm sure they were close. He also went to the Super Bowl with that team. Something that he didn't accomplish here. I'm sure he'll retire a panther or with whatever team he signs with.

Retire a Redskin? I don't see any logic in this at all. Wasn't his stay with the panthers longer than ours? If not, I'm sure they were close. He also went to the Super Bowl with that team. Something that he didn't accomplish here. I'm sure he'll retire a panther or with whatever team he signs with.

We drafted him right from college. He was here from 1996 to 2002. He has only been with the Panthers 2 or 3 years. I have a pretty good feeling that if it were not for Spurrier, he would still be with us today. Barring any major injuries of course. I have a lot a Skins fans as friends and he is still very well liked.

I don't see why he would want to just come here to retire as a Redskin, you know the team where he got jacked up from behind from a teammate and then cut when our coach didn't think he was as good as Trung Candidate. I do think he still has a shot at being a productive running back. So what if he has bad knees, I recall another running back who shouldn't have been able to play either due to his bad knees, Terry Allen.

We already have a version of Stephen Davis in Ladell Betts. SD taught him well (how to run hard and straight into the hole) before he left to join the Panthers.

He had a great career. He should just retire. No need to take any risks for long term leg injuries after football is over.

Im not sure if this deserves its own thread, but I found the thought interesting. Seeing that Davis was great when he was with us and he was released by The Panthers. Do you think it would be a good idea to bring him back here for short yardage/goal line situations?

That's as far as I got...NO! First & foremost, our RB corps is more talented then he is AT THIS POINT. Secondly, he is injured far too often & cost us a roster spot/salary cap space for a pine-rider on IR. Yes, he would have been great for Gibbs' system. But that time has come & gone. Let him go....

I personally liked stephen davis when he was here. Hated to see him go. But we are in a time of change and are much better off the way we are as we are. He will always get love in DC, other than that I hope he retires.

Archived