Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 Pick Left To Go : Eagles Sign 2nd Rd Pick Justice

Number5

Anybody here ever actually been involved in a negotiation ? Seriously. You sure don't act like it. The offer is a little low, but it isn't rediculously low. And it's a starting point for, ready for this... n-e-g-o-t-i-a-t-i-o-n-s.

As for the comments about the Eagles lack of respect for aging players.... give me a break.... who is one of the most beloved Skins around here.... a guy that you people cry and whine over every freakin year when the HOF voting comes up. That's right, good 'ol Art Monk. Where did he finish up his career again?

oh, that's right, with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Both Pocono and Terpseagles deserve a....

:rolleyes: .....

and nothing more.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

only if you have no answer to our posts. Which apparently, you don't.

Serioulsy, you all huff and puff and talk about how the Eagles disrespect their aging players, yet can only offer up a freakin smilie when somebody brings up the Skins doing the exact same thing.

I at least expect you to try and spin how Art Monk caught his last pass in the NFL for the Eagles. Broke his arm, but damn if he didn't hold onto the ball. It was for a 1st down no less. How did that make you feel birdlives ?

Monk was named one of the "70 Greatest Redskins", right ?

Serioulsy, you all huff and puff and talk about how the Eagles disrespect their aging players, yet can only offer up a freakin smilie when somebody brings up the Skins doing the exact same thing.

I at least expect you to try and spin how Art Monk caught his last pass in the NFL for the Eagles. Broke his arm, but damn if he didn't hold onto the ball. It was for a 1st down no less. How did that make you feel birdlives ?

Monk was released because we were over the cap like 30 mill that year. We let go of everyone! This is a new age of people. Plus, there is a difference when a new coaching staff comes in. Such as Spurrier letting go of Stephen Davis.

But what will start happening to the Eagles is, players will start thinking to themselves, there is no security there once you hit 29. They won't pay you what your worth and so people will no longer sign long term contracts with you. Everything is a dominio effect in this league, and it will catch up to you. Why do people come to the Skins asking to be signed, because we pay them money they deserve. Did we pay too much for AA? Probably, but if he sucks, were committed to $5mill to him. Thats it! Not the $30mill thats been reported. But if he does well, he will be here for a while and happy.

Dawk is you heart and soul of the defense. Why mess with the one guy EVERYONE respects in the locker room?

And yes I negotiate everyday! You are right, you start low to find middle ground on prices. But guess what? If you knew about negotiations, when you have a LOYAL client and someone who you have a great relationship with, you don't negotiate with them. You create ways to KEEP them happy. Thats the #1 rule in client relationships. Never ruin a relationship over money!

Come on Bird. There you were giggling like a schoolgirl who just saw a guy naked for the first time or worse yet like TR1 when he sees an article about the Eagles and instead of being humorous all it did was prove that you and the comic didn't know the difference between Justice and Gilles. It's like making a joke about a fat woman and using Calista Flockhart as the butt of the joke. BTW....To the Rockster....the Rockmeister...Rockapella...I'd send my sense of humor out for a tune-up like you did prior to your ES sign-up date of 11/04 but I'm afraid I'd end up like you and never get it back from the shop.

BUT....if you guys want to know what I think is funny it is fans of a team who only have 2 players on their second large Redskin contract[none longer than that] criticizing the Eagles on how they will pay a S who will be 34 when the extension begins on his 4th Eagle contract. I mean you guys openly appluad Danny boy because his players will never see the final years of their contracts and you find fault with the Eagles who have lived up to their end of the bargain on every contract Dawk has signed. Snyder does treat older players well.......if they are coming from another team[see Barrow Brunell Fauria Collins ect]...You've got only Samuels and Jansen on their second large contract and the Eagles have McNabb Westbrook Pinkston Thomas Runyan Andrews Walker Rayburn Trotter Brown Akers[3rd contract] and Sheppard.

Is it Pinnochio?

Firstly, you need to check yourself. I was not arguing with you in any way. I am well aware that the Redskins have let go of more than one player. The eagles however are famous for doing it. Don't be so defensive, the eagles ditch aging players all the time. You know it, and I know it. Bringing the Skins into the argument is just avoiding the argument itself. So yeah, all you get from me is a....

:rolleyes:

....because you're trying to pick a fight where there is none.

Firstly, you need to check yourself. I was not arguing with you in any way. I am well aware that the Redskins have let go of more than one player. The eagles however are famous for doing it. Don't be so defensive, the eagles ditch aging players all the time. You know it, and I know it. Bringing the Skins into the argument is just avoiding the argument itself. So yeah, all you get from me is a....

:rolleyes:

birdlives.... care to list "aging" players the Eagles have "ditched" that have gone on to do ANYTHING w/ their next teams ? Feel free. It'll be a very short list.

Perhaps you haven't seen me post a lot. My post wasn't defensive at all. When I read a post that makes some claim or a generallization that I don't agree with, I challenge that post or give an example of the Almighty Skins doing the exact same thing. You gave me a smilie in response. Great stuff.

So go ahead.... tell me which aging players the Eagles were wrong to release. No fight here man, just some offseason discussion.

birdlives.... care to list "aging" players the Eagles have "ditched" that have gone on to do ANYTHING w/ their next teams ? Feel free. It'll be a very short list.

Perhaps you haven't seen me post a lot. My post wasn't defensive at all. When I read a post that makes some claim or a generallization that I don't agree with, I challenge that post or give an example of the Almighty Skins doing the exact same thing. You gave me a smilie in response. Great stuff.

So go ahead.... tell me which aging players the Eagles were wrong to release. No fight here man, just some offseason discussion.

Let's see, I said the offer to Dawkins was typical eagles policy and now you think I'm having a discussion with you. What generalization did I make that was untrue? What was it I claimed again? Oh yeah:

When have the eagles ever shown their aging veterans any respect in this regard? That Dawkins gets a low offer shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Sorry, but you won't be pulling me in. As for the smiley face, it obviously pissed you off, so...

:silly:

Let's see, I said the offer to Dawkins was typical eagles policy and now you think I'm having a discussion with you. What generalization did I make that was untrue? What was it I claimed again? Oh yeah:

Where did I say you said anything "untrue". I said I call posts that "I don't agree with"

So forget I mentioned the fact that Art Monk, one of the "70 Greatest Redskins" finished his career in Eagles green.

What examples do you have that the Eagles have never shown their aging veterans any respect ? If you are going to try and fall back on Duce, Taylor, Vincent and the like, than please explain WHY, in your opinion, the Eagles should have kept them.

Pocono gave some great examples that Eagles, in fact, have many many players on their 2nd, 3rd, etc. contracts. You had no response to that either.

And no, the smilie didn't piss me off at all. I've been a member here for several years.... smilies, when used AS an answer, are the first sign that the poster actually has no answer.

It's a message board, people comment on other people's posts all the time....

Come on Bird. There you were giggling like a schoolgirl who just saw a guy naked for the first time or worse yet like TR1 when he sees an article about the Eagles and instead of being humorous all it did was prove that you and the comic didn't know the difference between Justice and Gilles. It's like making a joke about a fat woman and using Calista Flockhart as the butt of the joke. BTW....To the Rockster....the Rockmeister...Rockapella...I'd send my sense of humor out for a tune-up like you did prior to your ES sign-up date of 11/04 but I'm afraid I'd end up like you and never get it back from the shop.

Uhhhh....:doh: That was the least funny thing I've ever read.

Anybody here ever actually been involved in a negotiation ? Seriously. You sure don't act like it. The offer is a little low, but it isn't rediculously low. And it's a starting point for, ready for this... n-e-g-o-t-i-a-t-i-o-n-s.

At this point in his career, does Dawk need to be jerked around with negotiations? Just askin'...with 80 go-zillion dollars in cap-room, the Eagles have no incentive not to offer Dawk a fiar contract right off the bat.

How do you know they screwed Dawkins? Maybe Dawkins asked for that amount...remember when Darrell Green took a pay cut and restructured so we could have some extra cap room? He could just be a good team player.

Were this true, it would have been a signing announcement....that's hardly the case.

The Eagles take pride in dumping on their star players.

The Eagles' FO and owner want everyone to know that they are more important than the players. They are the Eagles...not the players.

And that's fine.

But that doesn't mean they aren't cheap...

As the little birdie says...cheap...cheap...cheap.

Will some of you Eagles fans please stand up for Dawkins!

Dawk has gone on record saying he would take less to stay in Philly. So he either knows that Jeffy and Joey were/are going to lowball him or he just really likes Philly.

The track record of players they've let go has been good. No one has done much.. if anything. But to let the leader of your defense for years go is unexcusable. If Dawkins leaves because of Jeff Lurie's cheapskate ways then I'll be ready (more than I already am) to send that ***** walking.

Dawk has gone on record saying he would take less to stay in Philly. So he either knows that Jeffy and Joey were/are going to lowball him or he just really likes Philly.

The track record of players they've let go has been good. No one has done much.. if anything. But to let the leader of your defense for years go is unexcusable. If Dawkins leaves because of Jeff Lurie's cheapskate ways then I'll be ready (more than I already am) to send that ***** walking.

"Less money" is one thing...this offer, if true, is humiliating...I mean really.

I think Jim Johnson (like Gregg Williams) is really good at picking players who will excel in his scheme (Gregg tends to find UDFAs because we never have any draft picks :silly: ). So what the Eagles end up with are players who are very successful in the puke green, but when they leave, they aren't as good as their stats would indicate. (see: Trotter, Jeremiah). :laugh:

Some outside thoughts about the team as well......

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=51185

John Clayton says....

"The Eagles are a playoff-caliber team in a division that has four playoff-caliber teams. I have to think that Donovan McNabb, who I still think is the best quarterback in the NFC, obviously gives hope, and now the question is whether the receivers can come through enough to at least get them past the Redskins, or get them past the Cowboys. "

I have to disagree with the Great Gazoo on this one

birdlives.... care to list "aging" players the Eagles have "ditched" that have gone on to do ANYTHING w/ their next teams ? Feel free.

Derrick Burgess.

OK he's not old, but he finished his 4 year deal, and the Eagles didn't want to "overpay".

Based on his production last year, that was a mistake. It might be a case of hindsight, but there it is.

I think Jim Johnson (like Gregg Williams) is really good at picking players who will excel in his scheme (Gregg tends to find UDFAs because we never have any draft picks :silly: ). So what the Eagles end up with are players who are very successful in the puke green, but when they leave, they aren't as good as their stats would indicate. (see: Trotter, Jeremiah). :laugh:

Probably true.

But one thing Jim Johnson can't do is pick linebackers to save his life. See: Mark Simoneau, Dhani Jones and any other JV player you can think of we've had on the team.

Oh, Keith Adams and Mike Labinjo.

Derrick Burgess.

OK he's not old, but he finished his 4 year deal, and the Eagles didn't want to "overpay".

Based on his production last year, that was a mistake. It might be a case of hindsight, but there it is.

The guy was the most injured player other than Correll Buckhalter. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. Won't fault a cheap Eagles management for this one. It seemed like the smart thing to do. He had a great season. Good for him. Lets see if he can do that consistently now.

The guy was the most injured player other than Correll Buckhalter. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. Won't fault a cheap Eagles management for this one. It seemed like the smart thing to do. He had a great season. Good for him. Lets see if he can do that consistently now.

If you look at past posts, I was OK with letting him go as well.

But it is a case of Management whiffing on this one. The Raiders saw something the Eagles didn't.

Archived