Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 Pick Left To Go : Eagles Sign 2nd Rd Pick Justice

Number5

WHY AER ALL THEESE EAGLES FANS POSTING ON EXTREEM SKINS? I MEAN WE DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE EAGLES FROMT HE EAGLES FANS ON THE REDSKIN FORUM!!!

There now that I have covered the "I dont know what im talking about because im a Stadium-going homer with under 100 posts that accidentially wandered into the around the NFL forum" post, Justice could be a good player in the future I was shocked he fell out of the first round actually...who is the 1 FA left for Philly to sign?

Yup, you guys have one more to sign until Thursday...Why do you guys start camp so early anyways?

To answer Rock....Bunkley has yet to sign..but is expected before Thursday.

To answer Maggio.....it's because they play the HOF Game against Oakland.

Some outside thoughts about the team as well......

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=51185

John Clayton says....

"The Eagles are a playoff-caliber team in a division that has four playoff-caliber teams. I have to think that Donovan McNabb, who I still think is the best quarterback in the NFC, obviously gives hope, and now the question is whether the receivers can come through enough to at least get them past the Redskins, or get them past the Cowboys. "

Rock ~ good stuff man.

Also, I didn't want to start another Eagles thread here, but they also made an extension offer to Dawkins. From what I read it's in the neighborhood of ~4 mill for the next 2 years, maybe 3 mill guaranteed... SB of 1.5 ... don't quote me on any of that...

I would have liked to see it a bit higher, but I think it's a starting point considering his age and the deal that Lawyer M. got. I hope that they will sweeten that for #20 if he requests. That will keep him under contract through '08 and prob. allow him to retire an Eagle. THat MUST happen.

Rock ~ good stuff man.

Also, I didn't want to start another Eagles thread here, but they also made an extension offer to Dawkins. From what I read it's in the neighborhood of ~4 mill for the next 2 years, maybe 3 mill guaranteed... SB of 1.5 ... don't quote me on any of that...

I would have liked to see it a bit higher, but I think it's a starting point considering his age and the deal that Lawyer M. got. I hope that they will sweeten that for #20 if he requests. That will keep him under contract through '08 and prob. allow him to retire an Eagle. THat MUST happen.

2 years 4 mil? Thats ridiculousy low for Dawkins. He has been the heart and soul of your defense. Im shocked that they would even do that. That has to piss him off.

Some outside thoughts about the team as well......

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=51185

John Clayton says....

"The Eagles are a playoff-caliber team in a division that has four playoff-caliber teams. I have to think that Donovan McNabb, who I still think is the best quarterback in the NFC, obviously gives hope, and now the question is whether the receivers can come through enough to at least get them past the Redskins, or get them past the Cowboys. "

Man I can't wait for this season to show up!!! :)

Rock ~ good stuff man.

Man....seems like they are severely low-balling him. I'd hate to see Dawk's career go the way of Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent's...fade into obscurity on some crappy team. :( He deserves better than that.

Rock ~ good stuff man.

That offer is only being reported by Eckel right now.

Wasn't Eckel the guy saying LeCharles Bentley was at the Novacare Center RIGHT NOW hammering out a deal?

When it gets reported by another source I'll take it more seriously.

Dawkins deserves more money than Lawyer Milloy BTW.

Oh Gawd! They low balled him, too!

Eagles reportedly offer Dawkins 2 more years

By Bob Brookover

Inquirer Staff Writer

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/15054042.htm

The Eagles, according to a published report, have made Brian Dawkins a two-year offer for a contract extension that would keep the veteran safety with the team through the 2008 season.

Quoting an unidentified source, the Trenton Times said Dawkins is considering a deal that would pay him $4.5 million over two years, including a $2 million signing bonus. Dawkins is in the final year of a deal that he signed in 2003 and is scheduled to make $3 million this season.

The Eagles do not comment on player contracts.

Dawkins, a five-time Pro Bowler, is entering his 11th season with the Eagles and is the longest tenured player on the team. During one of the team's minicamps early last month, Dawkins addressed his contract situation.

"I want to be here and they know that," he said. "When that time comes for us to talk and get those things accomplished, hopefully we will get it ironed out."

Dawkins, who will turn 33 in October, refused to put a number on how many more years he wants to play in the league, but he has also said in the past that he'd love to retire as a member of the Eagles.

"I'm at 11 years and I feel great," he said. "So I can't put a number on it. I really can't. I'm still running, and I'm still able to get to the ball. I still have a desire to stick my nose in things... and as long as that desire is there... then I'm going to continue to play this game."

In addition to Dawkins, the Eagles will probably have some sort of contract discussions with fellow starting safety Michael Lewis during training camp. Lewis is also on the final year of his contract, a five-year deal he signed as a rookie in 2002, but talks in the past between the two sides have not been fruitful.

The Eagles open training camp Thursday when rookies and selected veterans are scheduled to report to Lehigh University. The team's primary concern between now and then is getting rookies Brodrick Bunkley and Winston Justice signed. The Birds' top two draft picks, they are the Eagles' only remaining unsigned draft picks.

In addition to Dawkins, the Eagles will probably have some sort of contract discussions with fellow starting safety Michael Lewis during training camp. Lewis is also on the final year of his contract, a five-year deal he signed as a rookie in 2002, but talks in the past between the two sides have not been fruitful.

Will the Eagles resign Lewis? I think that is the bigger question. Dawkins is on the downside, but Lewis still has many years ahead of him.

Good news about Justice, troublesome news about Dawkins. But as mentioned he is getting up there agewise and thats how the Eagles have done it recently. No player is different which is sort of one good thing about how the Eagles are run. They won't overpay and generally it seems they get them back in a year after some other team overpays for them anyways.

Don't forget super fatbutt Max Jean-Gilles....:laugh:

I think that's who the joking poster meant because Justice is anything but a lardass so Bird earlier you were laughing at something that doesn't make a bit of sense.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10406&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d10406

I think that's who the joking poster meant because Justice is anything but a lardass so Bird earlier you were laughing at something that doesn't make a bit of sense.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10406&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d10406

I think your sense of humor needs a tuneup...

:rolleyes:

Whatever makes you feel better pal.

I think your sense of humor needs a tuneup...

He's just mad cause I bagged him while we were arguing about AA.

:rolleyes:

Whatever makes you feel better pal.

He's just mad cause I bagged him while we were arguing about AA.

Come on Bird. There you were giggling like a schoolgirl who just saw a guy naked for the first time or worse yet like TR1 when he sees an article about the Eagles and instead of being humorous all it did was prove that you and the comic didn't know the difference between Justice and Gilles. It's like making a joke about a fat woman and using Calista Flockhart as the butt of the joke. BTW....To the Rockster....the Rockmeister...Rockapella...I'd send my sense of humor out for a tune-up like you did prior to your ES sign-up date of 11/04 but I'm afraid I'd end up like you and never get it back from the shop.

BUT....if you guys want to know what I think is funny it is fans of a team who only have 2 players on their second large Redskin contract[none longer than that] criticizing the Eagles on how they will pay a S who will be 34 when the extension begins on his 4th Eagle contract. I mean you guys openly appluad Danny boy because his players will never see the final years of their contracts and you find fault with the Eagles who have lived up to their end of the bargain on every contract Dawk has signed. Snyder does treat older players well.......if they are coming from another team[see Barrow Brunell Fauria Collins ect]...You've got only Samuels and Jansen on their second large contract and the Eagles have McNabb Westbrook Pinkston Thomas Runyan Andrews Walker Rayburn Trotter Brown Akers[3rd contract] and Sheppard.

Archived