Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 Pick Left To Go : Eagles Sign 2nd Rd Pick Justice

Number5

Derrick Burgess.

OK he's not old, but he finished his 4 year deal, and the Eagles didn't want to "overpay".

Based on his production last year, that was a mistake. It might be a case of hindsight, but there it is.

Dock, Burgess doesn't fit birdlives contention and you know it. You yourself have said you agreed w/ the Eagles decision, at the time, to not throw the $$ the Raaaaaiiiiiders did at him.

Personally, I think they would have been a better team if Duce stayed.

Taylor, Vincent, even Mayberry. All could be replaced.

I also think they would have been in better shape if Emmons stuck around. They haven't had a real SAM since.

My gut tells me that the line would have been much better with Simon. Or maybe that was Simon's gut. He didn't look great in 2005, but he would have produced in Philly.

Those are three good examples of players they lost where if they had stayed, the team would have been better.

AKM ~ are you saying that Skins NEVER mess w/ a player that everybody respects. Be real clear here.

No I didn't say that. But what we have done has also caught up to us with certain players bashing us in the media.

All I am saying is, it will happen to you shortly as well. The difference is, Danny will still pony up money to whoever he feels deserves it.

Pocono gave some great examples that Eagles, in fact, have many many players on their 2nd, 3rd, etc. contracts. You had no response to that either.

Well, I wouldn't call Trotter a great example of resigning veterans...he was very vocal about the disrespect he felt he got from the Eagles a few years ago.

It DID work out for you, however, as he got overpaid by the Skins, got injured & came back to play for the Eagles at a modest salary.

I wouldn't be as defensive about the whole contract issue, if I were you... the Eagles FO has done quite well with holding to their principles & not overpaying for veteran talent. I would hope for your sake, however, that they come up substantially on the Dawkins offer...they have the cap room and, while he's no youngster, the Defense would be substantially less formidable without him this year.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

See Pocono, now THAT was funny. :laugh:

Hey I'm a big Dockeryfan fan so I'm not going to give him any grief and if playing straight man for him makes your time in that hellhole of Waikiki Hawaii more bearable I'm willing to do it. I'm mean it must be a horrible place with nothing else to do for the Rockster to spend so much time on here.

I am a big DF-fan but if he's suggesting that the constantly injured Staley and Emmons and the constantly porky Simon would have made a huge difference then he should send his football sense in for a tune-up and should go with that*.

If one can't make up their own humor than the next best move is to steal someone elses.

"Less money" is one thing...this offer, if true, is humiliating...I mean really.

and as always tr1, you are just so accurate.....especially when it comes to Eagles news. [/sarcasm]

looks like Dawkins isn't as upset as you claim he should be. Sorry.

By the way, don't expect him to sign until probably late October or early November. See any number of threads from last year when WB and I told you repeatedly that it would happen for Westbrook's deal. That's the Eagles M.O. and I would think the two sides will come to a mutual agreement about then. Feel free to bookmark this post if you wish. Though it may happen sooner w/ Dawk.

Eagles Notes | Dawkins confirms talks over contract BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Brian Dawkins confirmed upon his arrival at Lehigh University yesterday that his agent, Jim Steiner, has been talking to the Eagles about a contract extension.

He declined, however, to say what he thought about his initial talks with the Eagles. It was reported that the team offered Dawkins a two-year extension worth $4.5 million, including a $2 million signing bonus.

Dawkins is in the final year of a deal that will pay him $3 million this season.

"We've talked about a contract extension, but as far as numbers, I'm not going to get into that," Dawkins said. "We want to keep the marriage going and we want to come to a common ground and get it done. It was definitely something that I wanted and they wanted also."

Dawkins said he did not think the contract talks would be a distraction because he has been through the process before.

"I know what to expect," he said. "I let Jim handle it."

Dawkins, who will turn 33 in October, declined to say how long he would like the extension to be. He did say that this would not necessarily be his final contract.

"Whatever this extension is, it by no means is going to be the end of my career," Dawkins said. "I'm not going to put a number on how many years I'm going to play."

Dawkins' fellow safety Michael Lewis can be a free agent after this season, but Lewis said he has not had any contract talks with the team since this time last year.

"In a way, you can say it's a little disappointing because of the things I feel I've done for this organization, but at the same time you've got to understand it's a business and things like this happen," Lewis said. "There are no ill feelings."

I'm sure you'll find something to read in between the lines though.... have fun little buddy.

Eagles dick Westbrook around, Eagles dick Runyan around, Eagles dick Dawkins around, Eagles dick TO around...uh, oops, TO dicks Eagles around.

Westbrook

Runyan

Dawkins

hmmmm, all CURRENT Eagles. Who WANTED to stay.... otherwise, they wouldn't have SIGNED a contract and would have gone elsewhere.

try again buddy

Westbrook

Runyan

Dawkins

hmmmm, all CURRENT Eagles. Who WANTED to stay.... otherwise, they wouldn't have SIGNED a contract and would have gone elsewhere.

try again buddy

Westbrook had his bags packed...only TO's tantrums kept him an Eagles. Runyan made a promise to his family...and the Eagles still dicked him around...and Dawkins...well, it ain't over til it's over is it?

The Eagles' FO loves to show their players' who the boss is...very sad.

Westbrook had his bags packed...only TO's tantrums kept him an Eagles. Runyan made a promise to his family...and the Eagles still dicked him around...and Dawkins...well, it ain't over til it's over is it?

The Eagles' FO loves to show their players' who the boss is...very sad.

Art Monk caught his last pass in the NFL.... a Hall of Fame career according to about 99% around here.. in Eagles green.

It was for a first down. I remember the game. Do you ?

See, all your "hypotheticals" about bags packed and family promises, well, they're just that... hypotheticals.

Mine, 'eh, I have hard evidence and photographic and historic proof.

So Sad. So sad indeed.

I have a picture of Monk in his Eagles jersey... should I post it ?

Remind me again... wasn't Art Monk named one of the .... ready for this... "70 Greatest Redskins" ?

Damn tr1, wasn't Brian Mitchell on that list too... damn, he did some GREAT work for the Eagles.... I sure as heck have a pic of BMitch in Eagles green..

SO freakin' nice of the Skins to send their best up I95. David Akers thanks you to this day...

Sweeeet!! Can't wait to see that. I bet ES can't either.

:)

Well.. I'm not one to disappoint my friends.....

tr1, enjoy... brother.

buuuut instead of a pic.... how about some good 'ol fashioned VIDEO...

Art Monk --------->>>>>>> EAGLE

Got to love the line: "That's while we'll be seeing him in the HOF 5 years after the day he retires."

tr1, what's better... that line ? Or the voice of the E-A-G-L-E-S, .. Merrill Reese announcing Art Monk's consecutive game streak continuing....

TerpEagles made fun of me. WTF.

Please accept my apologies Who Del. And also please accept my apologies to the regs around here.

I posted after going out and celebrating something.... and I learned long ago that alcohol, the internet, and NFC East trash talk.... do not a friendly combo make.

I've edited my posts and toned them down. Way down.

Sorry guys. That wasn't my style.

Nice. Come to ES and talk trash about Monk...very nice.

Classy.

You just mad cause he chumped you......see, in the Around The NFL forum....with the exception of people's personal lives and they mommas, I believe that nothing is truely out of the realm of trash talk.

You better than anyone else should know this because not a day goes by that you don't trash talk about the Eagles....and to make matters worse, one of your greatest Redskins, played for the Eagles....and we have video of him doing it...... :laugh: :laugh:

Drunk or not drunk...got work TE!

Hit my PM, we gotta finish jrock reviews....

Archived