Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did we wear red at home last year?

Walking Deadman

I'm not really interested in this but I thought I'd give the scam busters at here at ES a chance to look at this Portis "Home" Game Worn jersey.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-CLINTON-PORTIS-GAME-USED-REDSKINS-HOME-JERSEY-PSI_W0QQitemZ220005535992QQihZ012QQcategoryZ86829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Matter of fact the only time I remember us wearing red was the Tampa loss.

I'm not really interested in this but I thought I'd give the scam busters at here at ES a chance to look at this Portis "Home" Game Worn jersey.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-CLINTON-PORTIS-GAME-USED-REDSKINS-HOME-JERSEY-PSI_W0QQitemZ220005535992QQihZ012QQcategoryZ86829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Matter of fact the only time I remember us wearing red was the Tampa loss.

Wether its a scam or not I don't know, but I believe the way he worded it he means that the jersey is red, which is the normal "home" jersey for the skins. Not that the jersey was worn for a home game. 2005 CLINTON PORTIS GAME USED REDSKINS HOME JERSEY PSI"

Wether its a scam or not I don't know, but I believe the way he worded it he means that the jersey is red, which is the normal "home" jersey for the skins. Not that the jersey was worn for a home game. 2005 CLINTON PORTIS GAME USED REDSKINS HOME JERSEY PSI"

After re-reading it, you're probably right.......

I'm not a fan my boyfriend like the Redskins he have to work a lot so I just help him keep up with what going on with the team. My question is why the Redskin and other NFC east Teams wear white jerseys at home.

Niner fan

I'm not a fan my boyfriend like the Redskins he have to work a lot so I just help him keep up with what going on with the team. My question is why the Redskin and other NFC east Teams wear white jerseys at home.

Niner fan

Only the Cowboys and Redskins have this tradition.

White attracts less heat. Being that most Redskins games are at 1pm they like to wear the white for a slight advantage.

At least that is my understanding. I am sure there is a superstition angle as well.

Only the Cowboys and Redskins have this tradition.

White attracts less heat. Being that most Redskins games are at 1pm they like to wear the white for a slight advantage.

At least that is my understanding. I am sure there is a superstition angle as well.

I thought the reason the skins switched and started wearing white at home was to force the cowboys to wear thier dark jerseys. The cowboys at one point felt like the dark jerseys were bad luck.

HOF, I know what you're saying, but how can the burgundy jersey be the Skins normal home jersey, considering we've only worn red at home one season (2001 under Marty) since Gibbs' first era!! I've heard the reason we wore white was due the offense-minded coaches preferring it for some reason......maybe it helped the passing game? (thus Gibbs, Norv, and Spurrier preferred the white, while Marty preferred the red.

Archived